rlt

Proof of address

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS specifically asks for "Leases showing that you and your spouse live in the same place".

My wife and I live in a house we rent from her parents.

Since the house is theirs, we have never signed a contract.

We do, however, have our bills "split" in both our names.

Utilities in mine, cable in hers, etc...

We also have plenty of mail as bank statements in our names coming to our address.

Will this satisfy the USCIS officer or not having a signed contract for lease is known to be an issue?

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Were you asked to show a lease or are you asking because that is listed as suggested evidence?

The truth is always the best answer. And you can only show the evidence that you have.

We lived with family at the time of AOS and did not have a lease. I did include a signed/notarized statement from my mother stating that we were living in her house. It wasn't an issue at our interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Were you asked to show a lease or are you asking because that is listed as suggested evidence?

The truth is always the best answer. And you can only show the evidence that you have.

We lived with family at the time of AOS and did not have a lease. I did include a signed/notarized statement from my mother stating that we were living in her house. It wasn't an issue at our interview.

Thank you.

No, I was not asked.

I am planning on applying next month and this is on their list of requirements.

I wonder if I should ignore the lease thing and provide hem with other address proof or if I should get a letter from my in laws stating that we live in a house they own.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

that list is suggestions not requirements..

all I would do is include a letter stating that you live with family.. or maybe have her parents write a letter stating that you live with them...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I didn't include a copy of lease agreement in my I-751: I included copies of driver's license, state IDs and several stamped envelopes and official letters addressed to us as proof of residence.

Never ever say never

2207121_unsignedChar_1192234183843.jpgDSCF4044.jpg

an1cvdN0akF0610MTUzbHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8QWZ0ZXIgb3VyIEkgRG9zIC4gLiAuIA.gif

Timeline

all I would do is include a letter stating that you live with family.. or maybe have her parents write a letter stating that you live with them...

We do not live with her folks.

They own the house, and we rent it from them.

They live in a different house in the same city.

I wonder if other proof of address such as documents, bills, pay stubs, etc will make it up for not having a lease contract.

:) Thank you so much for replying.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I wonder if other proof of address such as documents, bills, pay stubs, etc will make it up for not having a lease contract.

oops....

you could still get them to write a letter saying you rent the house from them..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

oops....

you could still get them to write a letter saying you rent the house from them..

Ya...

I was thinking I shouldn't bother, but now I am considering doing this..

oops....

Ya...

I was thinking I shouldn't bother, but now I am considering doing this..

cant hurt. we got a notarized letter to be careful.

09/14/08 - Arrived in US

11/14/08 - Marriage Ceremony

12/08/08 - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 sent

12/09/08 - package received by USCIS

12/16/08 - NOAs received

02/06/09 - Biometrics Appointment

02/18/09 - Authorized to Travel

02/25/09 - NOA for Interview

04/01/09 - Interview (APPROVED with stamp on Passport)

04/02/09 - Applied for SS#

04/03/09 - EAD received

04/06/09 - Welcome Letter received

01/10/11 - I751 Sent (WSC Service Center)

02/23/11 - NOA received

03/23/11 - Biometrics App

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We didn't include a copy of our lease since it is in my name only. We just included othe proof that we live together (credit card bills, insurance, and car loan) and we were approved. If you get a letter it could help but if your other evidence is ood, I wouldn't worry about it.

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

We did not include lease because we don't have it, haven't had lease since 2004. We were expecting RFE for it, but got approved with no RFE.We did include ID cards, Voters registration card for USC spouse and bills showing our address. If you can get a letter, it would not hurt.

Edited by another1

I-751

01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC

N-400

03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

USCIS specifically asks for "Leases showing that you and your spouse live in the same place".

My wife and I live in a house we rent from her parents.

Since the house is theirs, we have never signed a contract.

We do, however, have our bills "split" in both our names.

Utilities in mine, cable in hers, etc...

We also have plenty of mail as bank statements in our names coming to our address.

Will this satisfy the USCIS officer or not having a signed contract for lease is known to be an issue?

Thank you.

Read the following for assistance for list of things to attach.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

As far your question goes, it's not necessary they want to make sure that both of you are living together in a bona fide marriage and it's not fake. If you can get a notarized letter from your

inlaws that you are renting their house, that would be additional bonus to make your case stronger and wont hurt your cause, if you can't get it read the above thread to

get the list of documents.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.