Need help!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey guys

okay so i am about to send my fiance all the paperwork for his intreview

and i have a co sponsor my mother, we are both filling out I-134

my income is 6,410

and my mothers alone is 25,000 , she has 3 dependents, including my fiance would be 4

my question is , for the poverty guidlines, will they count mine + hers, to see if it passes

is there another option to just put my mom and dads joint, because their tax filing is joint, 31,000

help guys pleaseee

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

and my mothers alone is 25,000 , she has 3 dependents, including my fiance would be 4

my question is , for the poverty guidlines, will they count mine + hers, to see if it passes

is there another option to just put my mom and dads joint, because their tax filing is joint, 31,000

help guys pleaseee

Best thing to do is call the embassy. Each one is different with the guidlines.

Good luck!!

=)

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

Good luck!!

oh okay, do you know what poverty guideline is used for I134, 100 percent or 125 percent

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

hey guys

my income is 6,410

and my mothers alone is 25,000 , she has 3 dependents, including my fiance would be 4 (too low for 125% - enough for 100% for the I-134, depending on the embassy, this may be enough)

Not unless you are living with them, depending on the embassy guidelines

Both of your parents would have to sponsor to do this.

help guys pleaseee

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

Good luck!!

oh okay, do you know what poverty guideline is used for I134, 100 percent or 125 percent

The %125 column is used.

PEACE...........

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

Good luck!!

The %125 column is used.

PEACE...........

Depends on the embassy - This is from the I-864 FAQ - they are free to follow their own guidelines. (we would need someone that went through the OP's embassy for this info)

Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed.

Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

No. They do not combine the incomes of two sponsors.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

and my mothers alone is 25,000 , she has 3 dependents, including my fiance would be 4 (too low for 125% - enough for 100% for the I-134, depending on the embassy, this may be enough)

help guys pleaseee

i do live in the same household as my parents, so that means they will count us both?

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

No. They do not combine the incomes of two sponsors.

What about assets? Does your mom have assets she can use? The consulates must decide that the intending immigrant will not become a public charge. They could, in theory, do this without proff of any income per se (In fact the state department manual specifically says so) but it is unlikely.

Gary And Alla

hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

i do live in the same household as my parents, so that means they will count us both?

Since the I-134 instructions/guidance is sketchy, I will refer to the I-864.

It will allow you to combine, if you are in living in the same residence. With that being said, it really depends on the embassy, and what guildelines they are following. (if they use the I-864 for guidance, then they may require 125% of the poverty level)

Also, using the 864 - you would have a different household count size.

I suggest you read up on both the I-134/864 instructions, and find out what your embassy will require.

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

It will allow you to combine, if you are in living in the same residence. With that being said, it really depends on the embassy, and what guildelines they are following. (if they use the I-864 for guidance, then they may require 125% of the poverty level)

I suggest you read up on both the I-134/864 instructions, and find out what your embassy will require.

i can use I 864?, but i am k-1 visa, i thought only form I 134 would be used

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

i can use I 864?, but i am k-1 visa, i thought only form I 134 would be used

No - at this stage you would use the I-134 - in the ruling/handbook for the State department, they refer to the I-864 (because eventually you will need to fill out the 864).

So, if you can meet the requirements for the 864, you will meet the requirements for the 134.

Again - you will need to find out what your embassy in India requires. They all vary on what they want.

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

After some more thought. Maybe this would work, and I welocme other comments on this idea.

I presume your father has income? Yes? Then why would he (or anyone else) be "dependent" on your mother? Just a thought. She can say no one is dependent on her but your fiance which means her family size is 2. Other thoughts?

Gary And Alla

Timeline
hey guys

my income is 6,410

help guys pleaseee

Not on the I-134. The I-864, which you will have to do for AOS allows the inclusion of other household members. The I-134 does not have a section or provision for this. As R.Jo point out above, each consulate takes different views of co-sponsors and requirements for satisfying the qualifications. Some are very "loose" others very strict. From what I have read here, India is on the strict side.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.