BiaNcaSheY

Another DS-230 Question

16 posts in this topic

Im the petitioner and I'm suppose to send back the DS-230 to NVC but I think Ive read it here somewhere that I have to attached his biographical information on his passport together with the form....Is this true??? Am I missing something.....I read the packet over and over but cant find the information regarding this.... :huh: ..........................Please fellow VJ's help!!! By the way he's from the Philippines! :star:

.png

California Service Center

I-130 Sent: 2005-05-11

I-130 NOA1: 2005-05-18

I-130 Approved: 2006-03-09

NVC

Recieved Case No: MNL200657xxxx 2006-03-25

Recieved DS-3032/I-864 Bill: 2006-04-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2006-04-07

Recieved I-864 Package: 2006-04-29

Return Completed DS3032 Package:2006-05-02

Recieved IV Bill: 2006-05-12

Pay IV Bill: 2006-05-13

Recieved Instruction Package: 2006-06-02

Case Completed: 2006-09-01

Interview Date: 2007-01-19

Im the petitioner and I'm suppose to send back the DS-230 to NVC but I think Ive read it here somewhere that I have to attached his biographical information on his passport together with the form....Is this true??? Am I missing something.....I read the packet over and over but cant find the information regarding this.... :huh: ..........................Please fellow VJ's help!!! By the way he's from the Philippines! :star:

Hi,

You should read this. (Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa.) It's pinned at the top of the NVC forum. There's lots of other useful info in that forum too. ;)

Edited by girl 37

Maybe someone who went through the US Embassy in Philippines can tell you what are required to submit at NVC. Usually, NVC asks for DS 230 and photocopy of beneficiary's biographical information of the passport.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

You need to submit more documents (e.g., DS 230 part II, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police clearance, etc.) if you're going through one of the countries (incl. Philippines) that the NVC arranges interviews for.

:blush: UH oh....We still have a lot of things to do then........WEll I better ask my hunny to do it right now so he could be here before christmas comes............Thanks Every1!!!! :thumbs:

.png

California Service Center

I-130 Sent: 2005-05-11

I-130 NOA1: 2005-05-18

I-130 Approved: 2006-03-09

NVC

Recieved Case No: MNL200657xxxx 2006-03-25

Recieved DS-3032/I-864 Bill: 2006-04-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2006-04-07

Recieved I-864 Package: 2006-04-29

Return Completed DS3032 Package:2006-05-02

Recieved IV Bill: 2006-05-12

Pay IV Bill: 2006-05-13

Recieved Instruction Package: 2006-06-02

Case Completed: 2006-09-01

Interview Date: 2007-01-19

Good Luck.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Hi,

You should read this. (Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa.) It's pinned at the top of the NVC forum. There's lots of other useful info in that forum too. ;)

is that for hong kong as well? i have received ds-230 but part II wasn't included. do i need to print it out and send it to NVC?

Hi,

is that for hong kong as well? i have received ds-230 but part II wasn't included. do i need to print it out and send it to NVC?

If you only received instructions to submit DS-230 part I along with a copy of the biographics page of your passport, then that is all you need to do. The rest you will then receive in a package from the consulate once it is complete at NVC and forwarded to them.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hi,

If you only received instructions to submit DS-230 part I along with a copy of the biographics page of your passport, then that is all you need to do. The rest you will then receive in a package from the consulate once it is complete at NVC and forwarded to them.

thanks for the quick respond dude. that's a relief. coz the instruction mentioned part I and part II but i didn't get that. i was kinda afraid if it's needed and i didn't respond in time would cause a delay on my case.

does it mean that there is nth for me to do with other than waiting for the package? do u know normally how long does invc take to forward all the paperwork to the consulate in hong kong ? thanks for your attention

does it mean that there is nth for me to do with other than waiting for the package? do u know normally how long does invc take to forward all the paperwork to the consulate in hong kong ? thanks for your attention

From a quick look in the 'Immigration Timelines' tab at the top of the page it looks to be on average within a week of case complete. If you select CR-1 and look for others going through Hong Kong you will get an idea of time frames for interviews.

Here is the checklist from Hong Kong for CR-1 interview in case you havent seen it http://www.usconsulate.org.hk/consular/iv/checklist.htm As you can see the DS-230 part II is submitted at the interview.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

From a quick look in the 'Immigration Timelines' tab at the top of the page it looks to be on average within a week of case complete. If you select CR-1 and look for others going through Hong Kong you will get an idea of time frames for interviews.

Here is the checklist from Hong Kong for CR-1 interview in case you havent seen it http://www.usconsulate.org.hk/consular/iv/checklist.htm As you can see the DS-230 part II is submitted at the interview.

thanks a million! do you have the phone # for the automatic respond system ? i'll check it out to ensure whether or not the case is completed :)

thanks a million! do you have the phone # for the automatic respond system ? i'll check it out to ensure whether or not the case is completed :)

(603) 334-0700

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

(603) 334-0700

thank you so much !!! should i press any # in order to skip to automatic respond system?

(603) 334-0700

thank you so much !!! should i press any # in order to skip to automatic respond system?

Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish

Press 1 for information about your immigrant visa

Press 2 and then key in your NVC case number

You will then be able to hear the automated message regarding your case.

There is also an option to speak to an operator if you wish to.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.