Earmuffs

A Major Problem!!!!!!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The deadline for requiring a passport to enter the US is June 1st. You will still be able to enter Canada without one as long as you can prove your citizenship (birth certificate) and use the green card to re-enter the US. Good luck on finding your passport.

Does anyone happen to have a link that shows this deadline? I searched all over the CBP website, and couldn't find it. My family is driving down to visit in June, so I wanted to show them that they need to hurry the heck up and get their passports before they come!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
The deadline for requiring a passport to enter the US is June 1st. You will still be able to enter Canada without one as long as you can prove your citizenship (birth certificate) and use the green card to re-enter the US. Good luck on finding your passport.

Does anyone happen to have a link that shows this deadline? I searched all over the CBP website, and couldn't find it. My family is driving down to visit in June, so I wanted to show them that they need to hurry the heck up and get their passports before they come!

http://www.connect2canada.com/resources-re...rder-frontiere/

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is the official information from the Department of State website:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

and the press release . . .

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_r.../03272008_4.xml

"Washington – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of State (DOS) announced today the final rule for the land and sea portion of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), a core 9/11 Commission recommendation. The WHTI final rule requires travelers to present a passport or other approved secure document denoting citizenship and identity for all land and sea travel into the United States. WHTI establishes document requirements for travelers entering the United States who were previously exempt, including citizens of the U.S., Canada and Bermuda. These document requirements will be effective June 1, 2009."

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadians travelling to USA

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_can/index.html

Americans travelling to Canada

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/index.html

NOTE:

Good grief... the "language" for Canada is "can" and the language for USA is "eng".... REALLY??? Don't we both speak english?

*sigh*

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Here is the official information from the Department of State website:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

and the press release . . .

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_r.../03272008_4.xml

"Washington – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of State (DOS) announced today the final rule for the land and sea portion of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), a core 9/11 Commission recommendation. The WHTI final rule requires travelers to present a passport or other approved secure document denoting citizenship and identity for all land and sea travel into the United States. WHTI establishes document requirements for travelers entering the United States who were previously exempt, including citizens of the U.S., Canada and Bermuda. These document requirements will be effective June 1, 2009."

Kathryn, or anyone else? It would appear that children under 16 still only require a birth certificate to enter Canada and return to the US after June 1st? This is how I read it anyway. I ask because my BIL, SIL and four children want to go to Niagara Falls in July, and were wondering if they, the adults just needed a passport, or all of them. I think by reading this it's just the adults, as long as the children are under 16. What's your take?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Kathryn, or anyone else? It would appear that children under 16 still only require a birth certificate to enter Canada and return to the US after June 1st? This is how I read it anyway. I ask because my BIL, SIL and four children want to go to Niagara Falls in July, and were wondering if they, the adults just needed a passport, or all of them. I think by reading this it's just the adults, as long as the children are under 16. What's your take?

Here you go. :)

Cross Border Travel ID Requirements

iagree.gif

Here you go. :)

Cross Border Travel ID Requirements

Thanks Krikit, that page was perfect! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you ever find your passport???

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.