nurse1967

Wow this gets so complicated

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok today I got an RFE related to my I-130 petition for my husband. I sent my tranlated marriage contract but not a copy of my Arabic marriage contract. Does anyone know if it HAD to be notarized at the American Embassy?? I sure hope not because I didn't do that and I have already sent a copy back with my RFE. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

listen me and my wife got translation in ramsis(cairo notary office) it took about 4 business days to get it back then went to the ministry of foreign affairs office in cairo or alexandria then the embassy to get this 30 usd seal now u can use it in usa for any purpose,try to ask any body from egypt that did it with normal translation to see if it worked

The original needs to have some sort of stamp/seal on it to show it's real.

Usually, you do not need to have them notarized.

(and for the record, when you send a translated document, you need to send the original (copy) document with it), for any application with the government.)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

It has seals from the Justice Ministry and Foreign Ministry in Cairo. Should that be good enough?

Probably!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
arabic contract....> copy

translated contract from the notary office in egypt.....>copy

embassy page and the seal......> copy

hope that can help you

I didn't get seal at American Embassy. People are saying I don't have to have that as long as my Arabic contract had seals to prove it was authentic.

Betsy El Sum

hope that can help you

I didn't get seal at American Embassy. People are saying I don't have to have that as long as my Arabic contract had seals to prove it was authentic.

That is correct. If your original has the seals/stamps, and you copy it, and provide a translated copy with it (this copy does not need any seals, other than the translation note stating it's a true copy/translation as per the samples above), you should have no issues.

Since you all ready sent in the translated copy, just provide a copy of the original document.

As I put on your other post. Just take the original and copy to the bank and have the bank cerify the copy to be a true and accurate copy of the original in your possession.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline
:thumbs: so thats ok i want you to check with ppl from egypt who did it without the embassy stamp cos i followed the embassy instructions http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/acs12.htm at the bottom of the page u can find it and tell me if u need more help

Timeline
As I put on your other post. Just take the original and copy to the bank and have the bank cerify the copy to be a true and accurate copy of the original in your possession.

I know girl but I SENT IT OUT. God I hope it doesn't cause problems.

Betsy El Sum

I hope it doesn't, but maybe get another one done just in case so you have it.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

hope that can help you

That is correct. If your original has the seals/stamps, and you copy it, and provide a translated copy with it (this copy does not need any seals, other than the translation note stating it's a true copy/translation as per the samples above), you should have no issues.

Since you all ready sent in the translated copy, just provide a copy of the original document.

i agree with that

Worst that could happen is you get another RFE. :blush:

Timeline

Worst that could happen is you get another RFE. :blush:

I sure hope not that would stink. Thanks for all the support!! It sure does help.

Betsy El Sum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.