daisy111

Fiancee visa help....!!!

204 posts in this topic

Some people can't be helped. Sometimes you can't even lead the horse to water.

There's no hope.

But on the bright side, this is providing some level of entertainment. Her responses are becoming predictable.

:yes::innocent:

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
well didn't we decided it was an automatic denial because of her overstay to begin with? So that is a definite. She needs to file a waiver, but she didn't seem very interested in that.

Exactly. And this is particularly annoying because a waiver for an overstay is NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!! Her fiance simply needs to write a compelling letter explaining why he cannot move permanently to her country (Bulgaria I think she said) and back it up with evidence. Given all of the time we have spent answering her questions, it could have been finished by now and ready to go at the interview. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay with all this fun trying to get her to do her timeline, I think I missed something. I thought she was the USC and he was one from Bulgaria, or did I miss something?

OOPs disregard my last, he is the USC. Okay now I understand the age difference thing!!!!!! Sounds like they are both getting good deal. She gets to come to this country and stay, he gets trophy wife. (okay now I am being really bad arent I?)

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I was getting the same impression reading through this thread- she is in it for the Immigration Benefits and nothing else! I mean seriously, she will be questioned on the age difference by the CO in the worst way. BTW in the eyes of the CO they will have a hard time believing that a 25 year old who overstayed on a visa could possibly be head over heels in love with a 64 year old?

However, for pure entertainment- it was fun reading this thread!!

Timeline
Okay with all this fun trying to get her to do her timeline, I think I missed something. I thought she was the USC and he was one from Bulgaria, or did I miss something?

OOPs disregard my last, he is the USC. Okay now I understand the age difference thing!!!!!! Sounds like they are both getting good deal. She gets to come to this country and stay, he gets trophy wife. (okay now I am being really bad arent I?)

Right - except at this rate, she isn't going ANYWHERE but Bulgaria.

Edited by kitkat1

wow. I'm simply amazed at the amount of utter meannes that exists in this post.

Although I personally can't see myself as ever being in love with someone 40 years my senior, who am I to question or judge someone else based on that?

Yeah, she hasn't filled in her timeline yet, but I was posting/lurking here for months without filling in mine. I was very very reluctant to give personal details out over the internet. In fact, I had to debate whether or not to even put my fiance's first name in my timeline.

Daisy- From the dates you had mentioned in regards to the RFE, it sounds like your case may be being processed at the California Service Center. It also sounds like you've gotten and returned the IMBRA RFE that the rest of us who filed after March 6th have also had to return.

Becuase of this IMBRA thing, it's become very hard to estimate just when the NOA2 would be coming. When I originally filed, I was expecting the NOA2 to come out about mid-june. It didn't, obviously.

My timeline now tells me my case could be adjudicated as early as September 25th. That's just an estimate though. My NOA1 was March 27th.

Hope that helps. One of the reasons people have been more insistent (to the point of rudeness) that you update your timeline is that the more people who fill in their timelines, the more accurate the estimations for our wait will be.

Good luck.

Filed: Timeline
wow. I'm simply amazed at the amount of utter meannes that exists in this post.

Although I personally can't see myself as ever being in love with someone 40 years my senior, who am I to question or judge someone else based on that?

Yeah, she hasn't filled in her timeline yet, but I was posting/lurking here for months without filling in mine. I was very very reluctant to give personal details out over the internet. In fact, I had to debate whether or not to even put my fiance's first name in my timeline.

Perhaps it is a bit much, but she has repeatedly ignored advice.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21514 is more of her take take take attitude without even READING replies or following up on them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I was getting the same impression reading through this thread- she is in it for the Immigration Benefits and nothing else! I mean seriously, she will be questioned on the age difference by the CO in the worst way. BTW in the eyes of the CO they will have a hard time believing that a 25 year old who overstayed on a visa could possibly be head over heels in love with a 64 year old?

However, for pure entertainment- it was fun reading this thread!!

Ding Ding Ding!!!

I was trying not to be cruel either, but the OP has refused to give any justification for her "rush" to get a visa, or simply fill in a timeline. You don't have to give personal information on a timeline... just dates and locations. My honest opinion, and first impression, is that this girl is just looking for a free ticket back to the US, and doesn't give a rats azz about her 64yo fiance, other than hope he kicks the bucket soon after she gets her GC! She is only concerned about getting "back" to the US... not that she misses her sugar daddy, just "when am I going to get approved", "when am I going to get my visa"...

If this isn't a case of visa fraud... I don't know what is. If we see it, you can damn well bet a CO is going to see it as well. Trying to help this girl is a waste of time. Reading and responding to her is purly for entertainment purposes only.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Okay maybe I was being a little over judgemental and probably a little cruel.

I too was a lurker on the board for a long time, however once i joined and started posting I filled my timeline in so that when I asked a question people could help me out. Her attitude about the whole thing has made a lot of people wonder what the deal is. If we are all thinking that this is an obvious fraud case, what are the chances of her getting approval, especially considering they have to go the waiver route.

I too have to submit a waiver for my fiancee. I am 51 and she is 38 (okay only 13 years) but have never had anyone tell me that we are committing fraud.

Think it might have something to do with my attitude.

(okay now I expect to have some really neat and funny comments so you all take your best shots).

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
(okay now I expect to have some really neat and funny comments so you all take your best shots).

hmmm. My UKC husband is +13 years on me. Everyone called him a dirty old geezer.

Does that help? :lol::lol:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

LOL,

When my brother first saw a picture of my fiancee, he said it wasnt fair, if his older brother could get one of those why couldnt he. He told me I was a dirty old geezer too and that he couldnt wait till he was older. (course his wife didnt think any of that conversation was funny)

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Timeline
Her attitude about the whole thing has made a lot of people wonder what the deal is. If we are all thinking that this is an obvious fraud case, what are the chances of her getting approval, especially considering they have to go the waiver route.

I too have to submit a waiver for my fiancee. I am 51 and she is 38 (okay only 13 years) but have never had anyone tell me that we are committing fraud.

It's about her attitude just like you said. If you didn't know about the waiver process and someone held your hand and tried to walk you through each step, I think you would begin to post information about your situation that would help the people answering your questions to help you even more, right?

It's more the strange combination of lack of response, lack of gratitude, and lack of any sign of comprehension or action combined with their age difference that has people wondering. I actually think it's all a crock at this point - like those two kids who "met on the internet" and then posted a bunch of bullsh*t questions.

In any event, I don't think people will give you trouble about your age difference cause you come across a lot more sincere and a lot smarter than Daisy!! BTW, my fiance is 8 years YOUNGER than me :blush:

Timeline
What's the age diff in order to file a waiver? I never even thought about it...of course we are a year apart but still....

LOL - the waiver isn't because of the age difference . . . it's because of a previous overstay :D

Timeline

Kitkat

By the way you were one of the ones that helped me when I started out. We are both on another message board and the help that you and others gave me was invaluable in putting my waiver letter together and answering questions about the visa process.

Immigrate2us.net

My screen name there is Douglas (I know not original)

And it doesnt bother me that people give me a hard time about our ages. Lisa and I have more in common, enjoy each others company and love each other deeper than I could ever have imagined. We were friends for years before becoming involved.

LOL,

Thank God I dont have to do a waiver for the age.

LOL

Of course the way the government is getting involved in our personal lives, dont give them any ideas.

Edited by dwar49

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.