Scott_Ann

Physical Address vs. Mailing Address

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is my first post and I have searched the forum and read the guides and can't find out the answer to this:

I have a "mailing address" on everything DL, checks, bank accounts, etc. After looking a some of the forms, they seem to want "physical address" but I do not accept mail at my "physical address" (I don't even have a mailbox at my physical address). I would like to just fill out everything with my "mailing address". I use the UPS Store for my mailing address and I have had a few experiances where the people I am giving my "mailing address" to say that it is not a valid residential address like for my voter's registration card, etc. I have many good reasons as to why I do this but I don't want to boar you with those reason unless you are interested.

Do you think I will be okay filling out all my paperwork just using my "mailing address".

Regards,

Scott

Our Timeline:

I-129 sent to USCIS - 07-09-2009

Check cashed- 07-17-2009

NOA1 received -07-29-2009

NOA2 RECEIVED (by E-mail) 10:45 PM (Central Time) 11-04-2009!!! YeHeyyyyy!!!

Medical -11-25-09 PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview date- 12-15-09APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

They do require physical address. Just simply follow their instructions to avoid RFE.

goodluck!

Edited by stevent

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

This is my first post and I have searched the forum and read the guides and can't find out the answer to this:

I have a "mailing address" on everything DL, checks, bank accounts, etc. After looking a some of the forms, they seem to want "physical address" but I do not accept mail at my "physical address" (I don't even have a mailbox at my physical address). I would like to just fill out everything with my "mailing address". I use the UPS Store for my mailing address and I have had a few experiances where the people I am giving my "mailing address" to say that it is not a valid residential address like for my voter's registration card, etc. I have many good reasons as to why I do this but I don't want to boar you with those reason unless you are interested.

Do you think I will be okay filling out all my paperwork just using my "mailing address".

Regards,

Scott

Anywhere I could THRUOUT the whole process I put BOTH if I could fit it.

EX. John Henry PO box 111 Jonetown Ca 63636 [Mailing address] John Henry XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Physical address].

Worked for me all the way.

The reason I did is I put the physical address as it asked for street address on the first petition and the NOA1 failed to get to me.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You could just attach an extra sheet behind your petition and write your mailing address on it for any that dont have rrom for both:

From the instructions:

"if additional space is needed to complete any item, attach a continuation sheet,indicate the item number,sign and date each sheet."

Also, if it was me, I would include a brief comment in my cover sheet

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Regards,

Scott

You MUST have a physical address. You can receive all your mail at the "mailing address"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Regards,

Scott

We have the same situation as yours. What we did is we wrote my physical address in the form and attached a not in which we wrote: "Attention: Please, send all mail to the address below: XXXXXXX" And bleow the address we stated the reason why I can't receive the visa mail to my physical address. We haven't sent the papers to the USISC yet, but so far after we asked a lawyer and asked members here that seems fine. :)

If you want more answers, you can have a look about the topic I posted about the same question here in this link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2819550

Good luck!! :)

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Regards,

Scott

We have the same situation as yours. What we did is we wrote my physical address in the form and attached a not in which we wrote: "Attention: Please, send all mail to the address below: XXXXXXX" And bleow the address we stated the reason why I can't receive the visa mail to my physical address. We haven't sent the papers to the USISC yet, but so far after we asked a lawyer and asked members here that seems fine. :)

If you want more answers, you can have a look about the topic I posted about the same question here in this link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2819550

Good luck!! :)

They don't tend to read letters or pay attention to them much. You have to make things as easy as possible for them.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.