BradLuvsMaria

Why is a DUI associated with Violence to Women?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

The theory is that if you have an alchohol/drug offense, you likely have abused alchohol/drugs. There is a well-documented correlation between domestic violence and alchohol and drug abuse.

There's also a correlation between domestic violence and low IQ. Should we start giving people IQ tests?

IMBRA2005- What an Ignorant individual you are. I feel sorry for the small world you live in that you can classify all persons via a subject. You have totally missed the mention of herendous felonies not counted towards this post. Thank God we have upstanding Christians like you to tell the rest of the world the statistics on what is correlated to abuse. Your dirty little secrets are safe but yet again, who knows them? I am taking and have still taken FULL responsibilities for my actions. How dare you classify me as an abuser!!! You could be a closet abuser for all anyone on this post knows!!! Easy to point fingers, let's let our loved ones decide if we should be executed for DUI!

Maybe you should report yourself...as being bizarre!!!

How did you come up with this logical conclusion??/

Small Worlds for small minds! You spit out convictions of how all people that have have the unfortinate convictions for a DUI to be VIOLENT. That is Bizarre Not knowing what the individual situation was. Does a sober life of 10 years count for anything ot should people just be branded for the rest of their lives? Conclusion? It was you conviction that all DUI be processed as Violent people that makes no sence. I guess some crimes can never be repaid to society!

You should asnser yes...as being a potential abuser if you come unglued at an obvious fact...that ppl who have alcohol/drug problems tend to be abusers.

At least you admit you have a problem........thats the first step.

You should call the rubber truck to come pick you up.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory is that if you have an alchohol/drug offense, you likely have abused alchohol/drugs. There is a well-documented correlation between domestic violence and alchohol and drug abuse.

There's also a correlation between domestic violence and low IQ. Should we start giving people IQ tests?

IMBRA2005- What an Ignorant individual you are. I feel sorry for the small world you live in that you can classify all persons via a subject. You have totally missed the mention of herendous felonies not counted towards this post. Thank God we have upstanding Christians like you to tell the rest of the world the statistics on what is correlated to abuse. Your dirty little secrets are safe but yet again, who knows them? I am taking and have still taken FULL responsibilities for my actions. How dare you classify me as an abuser!!! You could be a closet abuser for all anyone on this post knows!!! Easy to point fingers, let's let our loved ones decide if we should be executed for DUI!

Am I missing something here? Where in my post did I classify you as an abuser? I answered your question as to why IMBRA asks about alchohol/drug abuse. Given your demonstration, perhaps the correlation is well-founded.

Group: Members

Filed for: N/A

N/A

My Timeline

My Photos

What do you think you post was refering to? A direct correlation?

Don't start posting ignorant statements saying you did not refer to me as this. Here is your post:

If you want to be a judge of human lives and character, get a diploma in law and go for it. Don't try to ease out of your clear accusation. Either you state your mind or you don't. Keep by your words,

???????????

a mountain out of a molehill???

where are you affected??

The offenses were years ago in far away counties of the state I live in. Most require you to be in person to sign for the certified papers. Mole hill? Why is it even a factor towards the originating facts behind this law? That why it is my Mountain. I have already climbed it but why?

Unless you have been convicted three times...doesnt mean a thing. Sign for what??

You are only required to report them....no where did I ever read that you are required to furnish anything.

I would guess that people whos abuse alcohol and drugs are the same that abuse women.

Actually, you are required to provide them, even if you had been told the records were sealed.

Filed: Timeline

I am well-aware of what I stated in the post and I stand by my words 100%. I said the THEORY is that a person (perhaps I shouldn't have said "you") that has AOD offenses likely is a AOD abuser, and that many studies indicate a statistical correlation between AOD abuse and domestic abuse.

Really sorry you're on such a short fuse, but there ain't no accusation there.

desert_fox,

I believe that you're on the right track. However, I think it would be more accurate, and would ruffle fewer feathers, if you wrote it the other way around - men who abuse women also tend to be men who abuse alchohol and drugs.

Yodrak

Unless you have been convicted three times...doesnt mean a thing. Sign for what??

You are only required to report them....no where did I ever read that you are required to furnish anything.

I would guess that people whos abuse alcohol and drugs are the same that abuse women.

jenn,

Well, it would cause an immediate spike in posts to VJ followed by a severe drop in membership ......

Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I am well-aware of what I stated in the post and I stand by my words 100%. I said the THEORY is that a person (perhaps I shouldn't have said "you") that has AOD offenses likely is a AOD abuser, and that many studies indicate a statistical correlation between AOD abuse and domestic abuse.

But what studies, what do they say exactly? While not disaggreeing with what you are saying about the correlation--I would also say there is a correlation were many Victims of abuse are also often AOD abusers. Furthermore low education, and as stated low IQ and low income are often associated with or correlated to domestic abuse. So are young experienced couples or parents. People who grew up in borken homes or who were abused as a child--or who work in law enforcement or the military, or take steroids, or who smoke tobacco are correlated to being domestic abusers. There are many factors that could correlate to domestic abuse. And why only report the 3 convictions of DUI--who is to say that 3 convictions is anymore a magic threshold of abuse than 1 or 2 convictions.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Timeline
desert_fox,

I believe that you're on the right track. However, I think it would be more accurate, and would ruffle fewer feathers, if you wrote it the other way around - men who abuse women also tend to be men who abuse alchohol and drugs.

Yodrak

jenn,

Well, it would cause an immediate spike in posts to VJ followed by a severe drop in membership ......

Yodrak

you're right.......its correlated the other way

cancel the rubber truck!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

But what studies, what do they say exactly? While not disaggreeing with what you are saying about the correlation--I would also say there is a correlation were many Victims of abuse are also often AOD abusers. Furthermore low education, and as stated low IQ and low income are often associated with or correlated to domestic abuse. So are young experienced couples or parents. People who grew up in borken homes or who were abused as a child--or who work in law enforcement or the military, or take steroids, or who smoke tobacco are correlated to being domestic abusers. There are many factors that could correlate to domestic abuse. And why only report the 3 convictions of DUI--who is to say that 3 convictions is anymore a magic threshold of abuse than 1 or 2 convictions.

I don't know, but I have no reason to doubt what you say about education, social history, etc. is true. Are you suggesting that Congress should have included all those factors in passing IMBRA? If so, maybe you're right and it might have been smarter to include all those things. But that's different from saying that Congress couldn't draw a line based on what they thought (they don't need the actual studies) was important. That's why we pay them the big bucks -- to make those decisions based on their judgment. Of course, you're free to disagree with their judgment and I guess that's why people run against incumbents.

Same thing with the magical number 3. All I can say is that someobdy thought 3 was a reasonable number. You see that sort of thign all the time -- think about the "three strikes" laws, etc. Maybe 2 is a better number, maybe 4? Seems kind of reasonable to me, though

Am I missing something here? Where in my post did I classify you as an abuser? I answered your question as to why IMBRA asks about alchohol/drug abuse. Given your demonstration, perhaps the correlation is well-founded.

Cheap shot IMBRA. Here is your Post:

I was upset with yours and Dessertfox reply but I will take the high road and understand that you have your opinion. Your direct insult of me being violent is a well founded correlation is harder to let go. Still I will just let it go. Just own your words! if you post them then they are yours. As far as dessertFox? There is no dignified reply to such an ignorant post.

Again the high road. I wish you all the best in your life. discussions of trials and tribulations of our loved one should not resort to this.

Good Luck!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Didn't the congress try and pass a law in reference to gun ownership and domestic violence? What ever happened with that law--I remember the uproar was that like substancial number of law enforcement, security guards, and military personnel were going to be prohibited from carrying a weapon since a correlations was made between gun ownership and domestic violence.

And now there seems to be this correlation between domestic violence and marriages to a foreigner met through a marriage broker.

I guess my problem with the law and most laws out of Washington is that they ignore the problem and just legislate the symptoms--and in the end result criminalize all of us or all that we do.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Timeline

I was upset with yours and Dessertfox reply but I will take the high road and understand that you have your opinion. Your direct insult of me being violent is a well founded correlation is harder to let go. Still I will just let it go. Just own your words! if you post them then they are yours. As far as dessertFox? There is no dignified reply to such an ignorant post.

Again the high road. I wish you all the best in your life. discussions of trials and tribulations of our loved one should not resort to this.

Good Luck!!!!

dont believe that anyone concluded you were violent....you reached that decision yourself.

Someone just pointed out an obvious coorelatio between alchol abuse, and domestic vio,ence.

have a beer and chill!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Good Luck!!!!

Maybe it's just me, but when I read IMBRA's post, I thought the "you" was a general "you" and not "you" personally. *shrug*

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Good Luck!!!!

Maybe it's just me, but when I read IMBRA's post, I thought the "you" was a general "you" and not "you" personally. *shrug*

And that's how I meant it.

Edited by Imbra2005

Good Luck!!!!

dont believe that anyone concluded you were violent....you reached that decision yourself.

Someone just pointed out an obvious coorelatio between alchol abuse, and domestic vio,ence.

have a beer and chill!!!

I had a great love story to tell and it would've been nice to share with this forum. I find the abusive accusations by some mebers not worth the time or trouble. I am deleting my profile and hope that the negative members on this site do not make others do the same. Remember, this site was for everyone! Not just You. Good luck to all and I'm sorry to leave!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

BradLuvsMaria, why do you have to leave, I think you have every right to discuss and post here!

there are many nice people here!

I cheer you up... :dance: no matter what you did in the past!

good luck ;):)

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.