MrsBruce5

Cheap flights?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi...would anyone know if any good/cheap travel agents or special fares from the UK to JFK???

Any info is appreciated !

Been hunting, and they are all INCREDIBLE as it is the height of the season :angry:

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

YEah cost of flights is the worst thing about getting a visa in summer. I usually just look on expedia but no doubt there are other places. I usually check all different dates etc until i find the cheapest.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

YEah cost of flights is the worst thing about getting a visa in summer. I usually just look on expedia but no doubt there are other places. I usually check all different dates etc until i find the cheapest.

I shop for flights the same way :yes:

and YES they are very expensive this time of year, its robbery :unsure:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Try http://www.airline-network.co.uk/ I have almost always found the best deals through them over the past 5 years, of travel from the UK to the US.

Sadly, as you say, this is now high season.

Good luck !! Neil....Now in NC.

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Atlanta one way is currently £520 for the friday after my interview but i am worried about bookign until i have my visa.

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've always used www.travelbag.co.uk or ebookers.co.uk (they are in fact the same company). I have been checking flight prices for July and they are all rediculous - they start to reduce in late August. You'll find they're extremely competitive usually. But they don't have any trouble filling the flights in high season - normally we travel low season tho.

If you want to go in July you'll be paying around 1000 GBP return :o If you find anything cheaper I'd love to know..........

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I just checked and your destination is almost half the price of mine - just depends where you fly from.

On travelbag from MAN - JFK return it was 558

My destination is to Idaho in the west. So thats not too bad - taxes incl.

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Timeline
Hi...would anyone know if any good/cheap travel agents or special fares from the UK to JFK???

Been hunting, and they are all INCREDIBLE as it is the height of the season :angry:

Rose

A little tip check the price for a return ticket they are quite often cheaper than a one way. Not exactly what you are suppose to do but just don't tell the airline you are not coming back.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Rose

A little tip check the price for a return ticket they are quite often cheaper than a one way. Not exactly what you are suppose to do but just don't tell the airline you are not coming back.

If you get a return ticket make the return date a long time off, that way if you want to visit England you can use this half of the ticket :thumbs:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

My one way ticket was much cheaper than a return. As long as you have a valid visa, the airline doesn't care about it being a one way. They also don't care if you don't use a return, but it is courteous to let them know so they can release your seat.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

If you get a return ticket make the return date a long time off, that way if you want to visit England you can use this half of the ticket :thumbs:

great idea

Check www.travelsupermarket.com

they do a check on major airlines and travel sites...

also as it was said before, look for a return instead of a one way, for some reason they are more expensive!

We booked ours to go to Houston with British Airways, it cost £893 for both. We will be flying in sept, which makes it a bit cheaper...

Ps. we also booked with BA 'cause their baggage allowance is still 2 x suitcases of 32kgs whereas the others are 23kgs

Edited by anytaholland

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

My one way ticket was much cheaper than a return. As long as you have a valid visa, the airline doesn't care about it being a one way. They also don't care if you don't use a return, but it is courteous to let them know so they can release your seat.

That's fine if yours was cheaper, I said it is quite often cheaper not always. I have seen just recently a case where a return ticket was £1700 cheaper than a one way, that will save me a lot of money.

The airlines do in fact care about it in the same way they will try and prevent hidden city ticketing. If you buy a return ticket which is cheaper than a one way you have deceived the airline into supplying you with a service at a price cheaper than they would have done had they known the correct circumstances. In the UK that is an offence under the Theft Act. Working at Heathrow I don't know of any airlines that has ever pushed it that far, but I do know instances where they have tried to recover the extra money and also stripped people of their frequent flyer miles. But they were what you might call repeat offenders. In the case of an individual buying a ticket in the situation those of us going to the US permanently would do they are not likely to even realise what has happened.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I think there are some unecessary scare tactics here about return V single tickets. Now people are thinking they may get in trouble. I think they're more likely to struck by lightening. As long as the airline is informed, surely they can resell the seat and make more money? This really shouldn't have been raised here when it is VERY unlikely that anyone would get in trouble for doing this on a visa. It seems you've had the same argument a few years back, Lansbury http://www.thetravelforum.com/t88827.html

If you really think it is such an offence, surely you should recommend that people purchase a one way to avoid any 'trouble'?

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.