MrsBruce5

Cheap flights?

28 posts in this topic

I think there are some unecessary scare tactics here about return V single tickets. Now people are thinking they may get in trouble. I think they're more likely to struck by lightening. As long as the airline is informed, surely they can resell the seat and make more money? This really shouldn't have been raised here when it is VERY unlikely that anyone would get in trouble for doing this on a visa. It seems you've had the same argument a few years back, Lansbury http://www.thetravelforum.com/t88827.html

If you really think it is such an offence, surely you should recommend that people purchase a one way to avoid any 'trouble'?

Coming to think about it, think you are right.... I was planning on calling the airline and let them know thta we were not taking the plane back to the UK... Plenty of time in advance will surely allow them to resell and make probably double as much! :whistle:

I don't know why I allowed myself to ge scared in the first place... Thanks Lou... :yes:

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Coming to think about it, think you are right.... I was planning on calling the airline and let them know thta we were not taking the plane back to the UK... Plenty of time in advance will surely allow them to resell and make probably double as much! :whistle:

I don't know why I allowed myself to ge scared in the first place... Thanks Lou... :yes:

Of course, call them when you are in the US and settled. Best to keep all options open ;):thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Euro`s idea was good. Just book the return flight for as far in the future as they let you and make it a time when flights are cheaper so then you can maybe save too.

scratch the above as it seems they charge a fair bit more for such long times between flights. It is actually cheaper to get a one way ticket in my case at least.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think there are some unecessary scare tactics here about return V single tickets. Now people are thinking they may get in trouble. I think they're more likely to struck by lightening. As long as the airline is informed, surely they can resell the seat and make more money? This really shouldn't have been raised here when it is VERY unlikely that anyone would get in trouble for doing this on a visa. It seems you've had the same argument a few years back, Lansbury http://www.thetravelforum.com/t88827.html

If you really think it is such an offence, surely you should recommend that people purchase a one way to avoid any 'trouble'?

It is not an argument it is my opinion based my professional knowledge and experience. My opinion is held by some to be wrong but that is their right to do so. It is not scare tactics it is a statement of what I believe to be correct and it is for people to decide for themselves what that might choose to do.

It is also not for me to recommend what others should do. I merely pointed that I consider it an offence under the Theft Act and I also pointed out that to the best of my knowledge no airline at Heathrow has ever chosen to pursue the matter. People are perfectly at liberty to make their own decision.

My personal opinion is that the airlines cannot justify charging more for a single trip than they do for a return and it people choose to exploit that loophole good luck to them. My professional opinion has nothing to do with what I consider justified or not.

Sorry you think it should not have been raised here or is it more that I choose to contradict your statement that the airlines don't care. If people think they may get into trouble because I have raised the matter, than good there is a chance they might especially if they placed a lot of weight on your ill informed comment. Book a return ticket by all means but at least now they know that it may be foolish to be open and let the airline know what they are up to. If you book a return with the intention of using it and then find due to unexpected and unforeseen circumstances you can no longer travel, no problem. Just know how to play the game before hand.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:huh:

Back to topic..........Rose let me know as you search what you are finding. Best I have found so far round trip was 528gbp, mid August. We were looking into using our delta miles seems they have raised the international rate for airmiles by another 10k so we are just shy yet again of obtaining a freebie. Thought about using the miles for a one way, but wow what a loss that is!

B

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

If people think they may get into trouble because I have raised the matter, than good there is a chance they might especially if they placed a lot of weight on your ill informed comment. Book a return ticket by all means but at least now they know that it may be foolish to be open and let the airline know what they are up to. If you book a return with the intention of using it and then find due to unexpected and unforeseen circumstances you can no longer travel, no problem. Just know how to play the game before hand.

If you had read my comments you would have seen that I suggested informing the airline AFTER one has entered the US, not before. I'm not that 'ill informed' no matter how you'd like to perceive it. :rolleyes:

Have a nice day now :dancing:

Edited by Lou Lou

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

ugh!! :lol: i was checking for JFK to the UK. be back with new prices!!! :lol:

Edited by gimygirl

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

we've had great luck with aerlingus!!

try: DUB - JFK: july 13 - aug 30 - $446 (£245) round trip ($277 out + 277 return) w/tax= $651 (£358)

then grab a puddle hopper from LHR-DUB: same dates tickets as low as $19 (£10) round trip w/tax= $90 (£50)

play around with aerlingus ... make a great deal for yourself since your dates are flexible!! :thumbs:

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Timeline
we've had great luck with aerlingus!!

try: DUB - JFK: july 13 - aug 30 - $446 (£245) round trip ($277 out + 277 return) w/tax= $651 (£358)

then grab a puddle hopper from LHR-DUB: same dates tickets as low as $19 (£10) round trip w/tax= $90 (£50)

play around with aerlingus ... make a great deal for yourself since your dates are flexible!! :thumbs:

Nice one Gimy! That is nearly 200gbp cheaper than straight from LGW to JFK. :yes: I always forget about Dublin.

B

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Nice one Gimy! That is nearly 200gbp cheaper than straight from LGW to JFK. :yes: I always forget about Dublin.

B

I forgot, maybe another cheap way is to go via Iceland. Not sure if it's any cheaper in the height of the season though?

Timeline

B

I forgot, maybe another cheap way is to go via Iceland. Not sure if it's any cheaper in the height of the season though?

:thumbs: Will remeber this and check that out! Thanks.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

I've always liked cheaptickets.com. Well, for you it would be cheaptickets.co.uk :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.