allanmceneaney

What Next??????

8 posts in this topic

Hey folks

Well we have filed our I-130 and recieved our first NOA a few days ago!

So i need to know what happens next???? We have seen so many different versions and horror stories that we simply don't know which way now to turn. At the minute i'm planning to go see my wife with a tourist visa and stay as close to the 90 days as possible....i reckon it will take the sting outta the process......

But we are stuck on this whole K-3/CR1 thing...i mean after I-130 is approved what hapend then????

Any info would be good............and also there is no point filling in my time line at the minute because we just got started

thanks

Allan & Kristy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hey folks

So i need to know what happens next???? We have seen so many different versions and horror stories that we simply don't know which way now to turn. At the minute i'm planning to go see my wife with a tourist visa and stay as close to the 90 days as possible....i reckon it will take the sting outta the process......

But we are stuck on this whole K-3/CR1 thing...i mean after I-130 is approved what hapend then????

Any info would be good............and also there is no point filling in my time line at the minute because we just got started

thanks

Allan & Kristy

Please check the guide above and acquaint yourself with tons of info there.

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hey folks

thanks

Allan & Kristy

Best thing to do is wait and pray for a quick approval. Try not to get anxious. It will also help if you fill out your timeline, for statistical purpose. I wish you best of luck and welcome!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR TIMELINE

we should not answer without this

did you file I130 or I130+I129F ?

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi..

Which is your service centre..CSC is faster than VSC..if your service centre is vermont then you have to be patient..as i saw u applied for K-3(plus ur topic was in k-3 discussion forum) when did u send ur 129f application pls mention the dates..i advice u to fill in time lines of both ur I130 and 129F application if u applied for k-3 visa.It will be really useful for you.

you can search similar timelines to you..and get approximate an idea when ur approval will be due..and then u can accordingly plan your next step.

to get more idea and info u can see the step to step guides and NVC shortcut by LingChe they r really very useful.

all the best for ur journey

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone

I'm Allan's wife Kristy, thank you all for your help we are very new to all this and a bit confused is to which path to take. I filled in the timeline as much as i could i hope it helps. Our plan was to go with the K3 because we were told it was the fastest way to get Allan here. But from what i have read @ visajourney it seems like the CR-1 is just as fast with less hassle. The only thing that we have done so far is mailed our I130 and rec'd our 1st NOA in the mail. We are just confused on what step to take next. Any input would be great. Thanks again

Kristy Mc Eneaney

mailed I-130 to Chicago

rec'd 1st NOA from Ca

nearest Embassy to me is in Dallas, Tx

Hi everyone

I'm Allan's wife Kristy, thank you all for your help we are very new to all this and a bit confused is to which path to take. I filled in the timeline as much as i could i hope it helps. Our plan was to go with the K3 because we were told it was the fastest way to get Allan here. But from what i have read @ visajourney it seems like the CR-1 is just as fast with less hassle. The only thing that we have done so far is mailed our I130 and rec'd our 1st NOA in the mail. We are just confused on what step to take next. Any input would be great. Thanks again

Kristy Mc Eneaney

mailed I-130 to Chicago

rec'd 1st NOA from Ca

nearest Embassy to me is in Dallas, Tx

CR-1 visa is the better visa. K3 is not as fast as it was at one time, stick to CR-1.

Start reading about NVC process, go to WIKI and choose NVC, it will help you get familar with the NVC process while waiting for NOA 2. Also may want to start on the forms and documents needed for the NVC stage.

Good luck.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hey folks

thanks

Allan & Kristy

Please check the guide above and acquaint yourself with tons of info there.

this is a good generic response "I Miss Her"...their next step would be a NOA 2 (approval notice)...next stop after that NVC...hope to see Allan & Kristy there in the NVC forum SOON...

Edited by Lars-N-Yenia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.