Accty

I-864...Total income? Adjusted gross income?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi, all. First of all thank you for reading this.

As my wife and her dad(joint sponsor) are filling I-864, we do not really know what to put under my income and adjusted gross income.

the form says put the number as it shows on tax return.

However, we filed this years tax jointly and so do her parents.

So, her dad income is little less than what they filed for (her dad+her mom's income)

Please help me on this one.

I dont know really know what to put...

Thank you,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As my wife and her dad(joint sponsor) are filling I-864, we do not really know what to put under my income and adjusted gross income.

So, her dad income is little less than what they filed for (her dad+her mom's income)

Thank you,

Line 22 from Form 1040 (as adjusted)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

So, all other income is from W-2?

Is it correct?

So worried because this is second time...:(

Thanks,

Thank you,

Timeline

I also have another question...

Is it necessary to write down 2nd and 3rd most recent total income, if I am not sure the exact amount?

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Thank you,

Timeline

Is it necessary to write down 2nd and 3rd most recent total income, if I am not sure the exact amount?

THANK YOU GUYS!!

why is it you do not know the amounts?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you,

GROSS, total income. Line 22 I beleive, on the 1040. Before adjustments, deductions, etc. If self employed it is the "net profit" of the business plus any other income you may have. It is NOT the gross revenue of the business.

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Thank you,

Yes it is necessary to write down the amount reported for the 2 years previous to 2008. Look at you old tax returns which you are required by law to keep copies of for 3 years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Yes it is necessary to write down the amount reported for the 2 years previous to 2008. Look at you old tax returns which you are required by law to keep copies of for 3 years.

actually tax returns should be maintained permanent... in cases of fraud, the IRS has no closed year statute of limitation

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello:

I have not gotten to this place yet, but I want to be prepared. I just sent in my I-129 packet this week. I do know that I will need to supply financial information.,too. Does snyone know if they will consider my child support as income or assets?

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Thank you,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.