r0yalflush

plesse help i-134 Questions!!important!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am looking at the I-134 form, is number 3 let the CO calculate how many people in my household will be?

let say if i put my fiancee's name in number 3, then they will count it as a household of 2, and if i add a child there, that will be a household of 3 correct?

We have a kid together, ( he will be a US citizen and have his own passport soon) but we're planning to have our child comes over a few months after my fiancee arrives in the US. Do i still have to put the child's name under number 3 on the I-134? last question, if the child doesn't come along with my fiancee at the same time to the US. Are the CO going to count our household as 2 or 3?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I am looking at the I-134 form, is number 3 let the CO calculate how many people in my household will be?

let say if i put my fiancee's name in number 3, then they will count it as a household of 2, and if i add a child there, that will be a household of 3 correct?

We have a kid together, ( he will be a US citizen and have his own passport soon) but we're planning to have our child comes over a few months after my fiancee arrives in the US. Do i still have to put the child's name under number 3 on the I-134? last question, if the child doesn't come along with my fiancee at the same time to the US. Are the CO going to count our household as 2 or 3?

A good person to get an answer from here on VJ is Gary and Alla.

I;d assume that your son is wholly or partially dependent on you (Q #8 on the I-134) so he will be counted as a household member. Did you claim him on your 08 taxes? If so, I think that it would be hard to explain why he isn't in your household for immigration but is for taxes. Even though the 134 is not the binding form like the 864, HCMC treats the 134 in almost the same way as the 864 except for the cosponsor part.

I think that what folks have mentioned before to you about marrying and filing the CR-1 makes the most sense if you cannot meet the income requirements. That way you should be able to use the cosponsor on the 864. Double check me on this, but I am pretty confident that HCMC will accept cosponsors on the I-864.

Additionally the CR-1 route ends up with less spent on fees and your wife has her green card upon arrival.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I;d assume that your son is wholly or partially dependent on you (Q #8 on the I-134) so he will be counted as a household member. Did you claim him on your 08 taxes? If so, I think that it would be hard to explain why he isn't in your household for immigration but is for taxes. Even though the 134 is not the binding form like the 864, HCMC treats the 134 in almost the same way as the 864 except for the cosponsor part.

I think that what folks have mentioned before to you about marrying and filing the CR-1 makes the most sense if you cannot meet the income requirements. That way you should be able to use the cosponsor on the 864. Double check me on this, but I am pretty confident that HCMC will accept cosponsors on the I-864.

Additionally the CR-1 route ends up with less spent on fees and your wife has her green card upon arrival.

The CR-1 route is another year or so, i already waited almost a year and done so much to give up now. No i did not claimed the child on my 2008 tax, he was borned in 2009.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The CR-1 route is another year or so, i already waited almost a year and done so much to give up now. No i did not claimed the child on my 2008 tax, he was borned in 2009.

The questions are asked in the present tense, so answer them in the present tense and accurately.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It always comes back to the truth. :bonk:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Whether the child is a US citizen or not, if he is dependent, he will count in family size. You family size is 3 based on what you said here. If you have any other children already in the US they count also.

Whether the child is a US citizen or not, if he is dependent, he will count in family size. You family size is 3 based on what you said here. If you have any other children already in the US they count also.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you very much. However I will say there are lots of good people to get answers from. :) Not the least of which is Pushbrk (above) and Anh Map who may be the resident expert on HCMC.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thank you very much. However I will say there are lots of good people to get answers from. :) Not the least of which is Pushbrk (above) and Anh Map who may be the resident expert on HCMC.

ok thank you very much everyone, please close this post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.