1,622 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

ScottThuy: you are 259 on igor ..

Yes I just saw that, thanks. Waiting for it to update on the Berkely list.

AOS Phase

January 11, 2010: - Mailed AOS packet (I-485/ I-765/ I-131)

January 13, 2010: - Chicago received AOS packet

January 19, 2010: - Received 3 NOA email

January 20, 2010: - Check cashed[/color]

January 22, 2010: - Received 3 NOA hardcopies in the mail1st touch I-485, I-765 & I-131

February 01, 2010: - Touch - I-765 (EAD)

February 08, 2010: - Touch - I-485

February 08, 2010: - Case moved to CSC

February 13, 2010: - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (After a long wait!)

February 15, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & received e-mail that case is now pending

March 09, 2010: - Biometrics completed, Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 10, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 17, 2010: - EAD Card Production, Touch - I-131 (AP) & I-1765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Received AP in mail

March 25, 2010: - Received EAD in mail

April 02,14,15, and 21 2010: - Touch - I-485

April 21, 2010: - Green Card Production ordered!, Welcome letter/NOA April 24

April 29, 2010: - FINALLY!!!! Received Green Card in hand!

Group Spreadsheet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
r u guys putting this stuff together for the interview abroad or for when u file for adjustment of status? :unsure:

For the interview abroad :thumbs: After you start printing everything, it's alot of stuff! Best to be organized when the interviewer asks for something...and it has to be passed through a little window slot so that's why we have the small folders/binders inside the big one...hope that wasn't too much info...lol.

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
r u guys putting this stuff together for the interview abroad or for when u file for adjustment of status? :unsure:

For the interview abroad :thumbs: After you start printing everything, it's alot of stuff! Best to be organized when the interviewer asks for something...and it has to be passed through a little window slot so that's why we have the small folders/binders inside the big one...hope that wasn't too much info...lol.

not at all:)

what kidnd of things they might ask?? :blink:

Timeline

i suppose all will be listed on the "packet 3"???

Timeline

Well, it's not so much what they will ask for..but what they are looking for. It's best to show them as much evidence as possible that you have an ongoing relationship. So, for example, in my case....I'm sending a history log from Skype since last year, phone records, phone card history (that shows what # the call was made from and to), emails, facebook messages, messenger histories. Lots of pictures including their family members, pictures of our engagement, out and about...you get the picture. :yes: I think that's it, hope I'm not forgetting anything. Plus the documents they ask for, and a copy of the I129F package and NOAs.

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

Well the packet 3 is what the non USC will have to gather for the interview...documents, police records, medical and other things I can't remember right now. The packet 3 stuff is in addition to what I just wrote about the ongoing relationship documents. I think that's right, if I'm wrong someone correct me please. :D

We're both gathering info, but I want to organize it all and send it to my fiance to keep things clean and organized...paranoid, I know!

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

Well the packet 3 is what the non USC will have to gather for the interview...documents, police records, medical and other things I can't remember right now. The packet 3 stuff is in addition to what I just wrote about the ongoing relationship documents. I think that's right, if I'm wrong someone correct me please. :D

We're both gathering info, but I want to organize it all and send it to my fiance to keep things clean and organized...paranoid, I know!

lol...not at all...thats good...I thank God for this website, cause I would've been clueless...thanks for your help...peace.

Timeline

lol...not at all...thats good...I thank God for this website, cause I would've been clueless...thanks for your help...peace.

Well I only have others on this site to thank, but that's how it works! We help each other. :thumbs: Good luck, and I'm sure Ill see you here again. :yes:

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

Well I only have others on this site to thank, but that's how it works! We help each other. :thumbs: Good luck, and I'm sure Ill see you here again. :yes:

wow...this is pretty awesome...if only we could do that with the rest of everything...like the early church in Acts, if you know what I mean...

Timeline

wow...this is pretty awesome...if only we could do that with the rest of everything...like the early church in Acts, if you know what I mean...

ttys...

Timeline

I hear you! It's the simple things and most people don't even take the time to be nice in real life...it's free and kind and it's sad that people don't realize it! But, that's life I guess! I'm determined to not be that way, and I know there are alot of people out there who think the same...maybe we'll take over the world with kindness! Ahhh a girl can always dream... :yes:

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

I hear you! It's the simple things and most people don't even take the time to be nice in real life...it's free and kind and it's sad that people don't realize it! But, that's life I guess! I'm determined to not be that way, and I know there are alot of people out there who think the same...maybe we'll take over the world with kindness! Ahhh a girl can always dream... :yes:

hey, all I can say is make your dreams come true...forgive me but I thought I was chatting with him...hahahaha...ttys

So as of yesterday, I have officially filed for everything I'll need for Packet 3:

- Went to the police station Monday to file for my police clearance, should see it in hand within the week.

- Called up my local health unit and asked for them to mail out a copy of my immunization record, should have it in hand within the next couple of days.

- Called up my doctor's office and convinced the secretary that it wasn't a big deal for my doctor to be listed as a guarantor so I can get a long form copy of my birth certificate, and to inform her that I was putting him down (thankfully she really had no idea what I was talking about), should have that within three weeks.

Once I have everything I need, time to get on hubby-to-be's butt about finding and/or filing to receive copies of his tax records for the past three years. :dance:

Packet 3 will list off documentation that is required by the beneficiary to bring to the interview. Burden of proof is on you to prove that your relationship is legit, so any evidence required to do so is over and above. This package includes a checklist that you must check off and sign once all of the documents listed have been gathered/filled out, then that list must be faxed off to the consulate. Once they receive that, they'll continue.

Tried to attach an example of the checklist for my consulate, but that didn't work out. :blink: If I can find the link around here, I'll post it for perusal.

Edited by Sam and Ben

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.