Topics that appear on VJ

90 posts in this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

What credentials do you have that give you any authority to post this? What are your primary sources? Why are there no footnotes? Are you a professional threadologist? Where did you study? Do you have a published dissertation or thesis yet?

:P

Debate (illegal aliens, politics, news stories)

1. Someone posts a clipped version of an article with a link. A video may accompany the article, most likely one that only serves to antagonize various members.

2. Posts are made and most consist of five sentences or less.

3. Someone makes a thread on the same topic without checking to see if one has already been made. Charles notifies them and gives a link.

4. Inevitably, someone makes an overly aggressive and inflammatory post.

5. Others respond, sometimes very forecefully.

6. Some people will write longer -- and more detailed -- posts, but those will be ignored in favor of yelling at one another.

7. Eventually the topic is somewhat twisted and individuals begin insulting each other.

8. The insults and vague commentary on the topic goes on for what may be 2 to 20 pages.

9. Thread dies out or a moderator locks it.

Tragedy (murder, rape, torture)

1. Someone posts a clipped version of an article with a link.

2. Various posts are made to the tune of: "Terrible, just terrible" or "So sad." Some people will simply respond with a sad smiley.

3. The thread turns into a debate. The initial point of the thread is lost.

4. The debate turns into an argument consisting of insults.

5. Thread dies out or a moderator locks it.

Jokes (usually gender-based)

1. Someone posts a poorly-written and mass produced joke.

2. Various "LOL!" or "ROFL!" comments ensue.

3. No one realizes the joke has been posted before and probably with alarming regularity.

4. Thread dies out.

Myth/Urban Legend (too many to name)

1. Someone posts a myth or urban legend.

2. People respond in a surprised and somewhat shocked manner.

3. Virtually no one bothers to check if it's true.

4. Eventually someone checks and posts a link to Snopes.

5. People ignore the link and continue to respond with alarm.

6. Thread dies out.

Crazy (people doing really stupid or unusual things)

1. Someone will post an article with a link.

2. Amazement is expressed.

3. Crass comments are made.

4. An argument may occur and if it does, it will overtake the thread.

Question (traveling, vehicles, electronics)

1. Someone makes a post asking a question or looking for assistance.

2. A few people will help out.

3. Dumb comments that offer little-to-no help are made.

4. Jokes about the thread and the OP are sometimes made.

5. An argument may occur and if it does, it will overtake the thread.

6. Thread dies out or a moderator locks it.

Stupid (random posts that make no sense whatsoever)

1. Someone makes a post that makes no sense.

2. Surprise is denoted by smileys.

3. A response is sometimes given by the OP, usually in the form of more nonsense.

4. Jokes about the OP are made.

5. Thread dies out.

Game (whatever inane game the forum has this week)

1. Someone makes a game.

2. Others play it.

3. Some people make fun of those in the game.

4. Thread lives for what seems like an eternity.

5. Thread dies out or a moderator continues it in a separate thread, due to the number of posts in the original.

6. The cycle may be restarted with the new thread or it may die out eventually.

Vent (complain about everything and anything)

1. Someone starts the thread and leads off with their own complaint.

2. People follow.

3. Thread becomes virtually immortal and simply won't die.

4. A moderator steps in and makes a new thread that continues from the original, due to the extremely high volume of posts.

5. New thread starts the cycle over.

No Particular Topic (say whatever you want)

1. Someone starts the thread and leads off with a ridiculous comment or joke.

2. Other people follow suit.

3. Thread refuses to die.

4. A moderator steps in and makes a new thread that continues from the original, due to the extremely high volume of posts.

5. New thread starts the cycle over.

Poll (anything can be a topic)

1. Someone makes a poll and usually posts <EOM>

2. People vote and post comments.

3. If skewing the poll is possible, people will do it.

4. An argument may occur, in which case the poll's original purpose will be lost.

List (like this one)

1. Someone makes a list and posts it.

2. People respond -- some think it's funny while others take offense.

3. An argument may occur.

4. Thread dies off or a moderator locks it.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What credentials do you have that give you any authority to post this? What are your primary sources? Why are there no footnotes? Are you a professional threadologist? Where did you study? Do you have a published dissertation or thesis yet?

:P

Hey even if *you* don't *you* can say you do ;)

oh yeah.. and then there's booyah coming in with his incredibly smart statements

Dude, why do you hate not-so-brown people? :lol:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I thought they only pulled that ####### with me VW. :lol: I guess you are on the receiving end of it too.

Ironically when you do show them the academically reviewed thesis they they asked for, then they are like, "Naaaah it's wrong". Funnily enough, all while never showing any proof of their own to support their views. Or supporting their opinion that you are wrong.

Then the insults start flying followed by the (stock standard) you are whining the second you defend yourself. Or conceded of course.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

oh yeah.. and then there's booyah coming in with his incredibly smart statements

:lol: I'm offended! :diablo: I'm only slightly brown. :blink:

Shhhh don't let the secret out. Some people have never traveled the world or left this continent, clearly for thousands of years, and fail to realize that people from the Middle East or Greece (like my folks) are actually darker than Latinos. One of my uncles is so dark he looks like an aboriginal. The other funny thing is that I know a few people from Mexico who are lighter than me. Well they're upper class Mexican which from what I have heard is a little different. Cough Cough. There types are not exactly jumping the borders.

I sense the following error coming along from some of them:

bsod.jpg

Edited by Constellation

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: I'm offended! :diablo: I'm only slightly brown. :blink:

Shhhh don't let the secret out. Some people have never traveled the world or left this continent, clearly for thousands of years, and fail to realize that people from the Middle East or Greece (like my folks) are actually darker than Latinos. One of my uncles is so dark he looks like an aboriginal.

I sense the following error coming along from some of them:

bsod.jpg

Then you must be illegal too!!!!1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
ROFL

(does this mean the thread will now die?)

Well we've seen the posts, the insults, someone getting offended, a vague arguement and insult, so the next logical progression would be for this thread to die.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hehe

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline