The_Dude

The Annoying Co-Worker Thread

392 posts in this topic

I guess I'm kind of lucky? I do homecare-type work. So little interaction with co-workers, maybe 1-2 hours per day? There's been a few slightly annoying ones but I'm usually out in my car driving around so I dont have to listen to them :D

What gets me are the crazy patients.... -.-

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol:

Oh my word! Sounds like my life around here.

My annoying co-worker right now is of course, my boss, so essentially not my co-worker. I work in a very small office in a medium sized university so while I do interact with many people, my department itself is small.

Today my boss, let's call her B, slurped her soup all lunch. Yes, slurped. No spoon. She slurped her soup out of a bowl. Out loud.

WTH I think this boss of yours grew up in a cave.

Oh wow! Some people are just out there...

My work is the worst place for drama ever! I don't have I annoying coworker but about 5 of them. I work with all women with the exception of 2 guys... and wow, the gossip and backstabbing is just unreal. The other day my boss informed us we would all have to sign waivers promising to never discuss work on facebook, because apparently girls have been posting stuff about each other and getting into fights. These are grown women! Just unbelievable. And then we were told that my boss has a fake facebook account and creeps us all the time to see what we are up to. Thankfully I'm moving in 2 months...

:lol: Can someone creep on you if they're not your friend? That's wierd.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

facebook is sooo funny. At my place of work in Canada people would get so mad if someone called in sick but changed their status on facebook. :lol:

It was like the new way to gossip about someone.. "omg did you see so and so's facebook???"

My friend is a professor at University of Guelph and she had a facebook and it was only there to keep in touch with people and apparently she had one picture up there of her drinking and it got her into quite a bit of hot water. She deleted her facebook and now writes letters. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I find it funny some of the stuff people post on their facebook/myspace pages and then their subsequent rage when they don't get a job or get fired because of it. I love the story of the guy who worked at an investment firm in NYC who told his boss that his grandmother died or something like that. He really used the time to go up to Boston to hang out at a Halloween party with some old college friends. He took pictures of his costume (he dressed up as a fairy) and put it up on his facebook page. His boss, on a whim decided to look him up on myspace and facebook and saw the picture. He saved the pic, and mailed it to him with the comment "nice wand".

Timeline
I find it funny some of the stuff people post on their facebook/myspace pages and then their subsequent rage when they don't get a job or get fired because of it. I love the story of the guy who worked at an investment firm in NYC who told his boss that his grandmother died or something like that. He really used the time to go up to Boston to hang out at a Halloween party with some old college friends. He took pictures of his costume (he dressed up as a fairy) and put it up on his facebook page. His boss, on a whim decided to look him up on myspace and facebook and saw the picture. He saved the pic, and mailed it to him with the comment "nice wand".

It was a white house intern... he went to NYC to party for halloween. :D

His picture was everywhere!! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Oh wow! Some people are just out there...

My work is the worst place for drama ever! I don't have I annoying coworker but about 5 of them. I work with all women with the exception of 2 guys... and wow, the gossip and backstabbing is just unreal. The other day my boss informed us we would all have to sign waivers promising to never discuss work on facebook, because apparently girls have been posting stuff about each other and getting into fights. These are grown women! Just unbelievable. And then we were told that my boss has a fake facebook account and creeps us all the time to see what we are up to. Thankfully I'm moving in 2 months...

:lol: Can someone creep on you if they're not your friend? That's wierd.

Apparently my page has been open and public for the past 2 years or so? Great! Not like I ever put anything embarrassing or incriminating on there, but it makes me a little annoyed that I'm getting creeped on! So now my privacy settings are as tough as they can get! take that! I'm seriously considering deleting all of my coworkers so they can't spread the "omg did you see so and sos facebook page?!" gossip to me anymore. Actually, I could probably get in trouble for talking about work on here now too (not like they know anything about VJ!) But jokes on them- I didn't sign the waiver yet! :whistle:

I'm trying to avoid working with my fiance (well, husband when the time comes...) when I move. He would be my boss and it really wouldn't go over to well!

Timeline

What about my husbands coworkers? does that count?

They're more smug than anything.... still it's annoying to stand in a room full of pretentious people who have their heads stuck up their a$$es.:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Our floors secretary thinks it's ok as long as she works 40 hours a week. So some days she comes in for 12 hours (7am-7pm) and some days she doesn't come in at all. Her direct boss says nothing because he works maybe 20 hours a week and doesn't seem to notice but for the love of God, she is the floor secretary!! When she isn't in the office that means I have people wonder into my room and ask me questions about other departments that she should be directing them to. Also her job is to answer the phone but who calls before 9am or after 5pm really and what about the days when she isn't in the office?

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh my word! Sounds like my life around here.

My annoying co-worker right now is of course, my boss, so essentially not my co-worker. I work in a very small office in a medium sized university so while I do interact with many people, my department itself is small.

Today my boss, let's call her B, slurped her soup all lunch. Yes, slurped. No spoon. She slurped her soup out of a bowl. Out loud.

urrrrrrg! thats my biggest pet peeve, slurping, smacking n licking their fingers! yuck!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

I have one at work who is mouthy and thinks she knows everything.......best way to handle the situation is IGNORE her. It works :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

Ha ha... Back in Canada.. the most annoying co-worker was my boss's wife..

She insisted that she have a part in the company (I think mostly to keep dibs on what her husband was doing).. She wanted to do data entry & AP, and I was managing the dept. at the time.. I attempted to train her but she was offended by the fact that I was teaching her anything and said she knew how to do everything. It was like this with EVERYTHING. So instead of actually working, she booked pedicure appts., went shopping etc. etc. and used her office space for a social calendar platform, and she never did any work. I'd walk in there after vendors were furious they weren't paid and would find pages of bills just laying everywhere, and I'd have to ask one of the other girls to do it.. It went on for months and my boss wouldn't do anything about it cause she was such a whiner. When they did have discussions in his office they could be heard all the way down the hall screaming bloody murder to each other.

Then finally she "gave up working" so she could focus on school.. :lol: She was gone for about a year and then she returned as a "special assistant" to my boss :rofl: OH man.. I told my boss I didn't care what her title was as long as she stayed out of my dept!

When I left I heard she took over my roles.. the company is now in bankruptcy protection :bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Oh man..I love this thread. I LOVE IT.

1. So, my boss asked me to work over time this Sunday (again...) for an event and I said I couldn't because it's palm sunday. I'm not overly religious but I did marry into an Italian family who likes to have holiday dinners. So I respectfully declined to work overtime. I'm in a union and I'm only contracted to work a certain amount of hours a week. Anything after that is over time for me.

So any ways, she writes me an email back saying, "Okay. Enjoy your holiday. This has been approved by me. 4/1/2009"

Um, you are approving me to have Sunday off? I'm pretty sure Saturday and Sunday are my days off :lol: Also, it's not a holiday because it's a sunday. It's not like I get time off of work for it.

I couldn't believe she was approving me to have time off on Sunday when it's overtime that I don't HAVE to work if I don't want to.

It made me so mad that Im STILL trying to let it go this morning! :lol:

2. My old construction company was something else. The boss' assistant was clearly having some sort of emotional and romantic relationship with the boss. They spent a lot of time together. SO much so that I don't even know what she was doing. Then she got promoted to office manager while STILL being the boss' assistant. So, she was never around to manage the office because she still went on my boss' daily errands to the construction sites with him.

Any ways, the boss' wife was...a tyrant. Typical North Jersey Italian woman originally from the Bronx. One day she rips into our office, smashes our coffee table into Pieces and is screaming at the top of her lungs. So I book it for the door. I didn't know if she had a gun or what she was going to do. They have having an argument in his office and she's letting everyone know how he is such a bad father and that he rarely ever comes home at night. ( I found out he was sleeping in hotels)

She runs outside and takes out some tile from the back seat of his car (a BMW 7 series!!! ) and throws the tile at his car. It was..amazing. Then she gets into her van and almost side swipes all the cars in the parking lot. The police then show up and talk to her. Then she leaves.

Honestly, that is when I knew I couldn't work there anymore.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.