Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Another slow day at the NVC. I'm starting to recognize their names I've been calling there so much. Worse is that I think their starting to recognize my voice, their a little less friendly every time I call.

I'm thinking it has to be getting procesed any minute now.

I also called the Vancouver consulate today and asked them a question about proof of custody, not only is it 1.89$ a minute to talk to them but she didn't know the answer and gave me the phone number to someone who supposedly would and when I called it, it was just voice recordings.

The phone bill is going to tick my parents off pretty bad so hopefully the NVC has my case soon!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Another slow day at the NVC. I'm starting to recognize their names I've been calling there so much. Worse is that I think their starting to recognize my voice, their a little less friendly every time I call.

I'm thinking it has to be getting procesed any minute now.

I also called the Vancouver consulate today and asked them a question about proof of custody, not only is it 1.89$ a minute to talk to them but she didn't know the answer and gave me the phone number to someone who supposedly would and when I called it, it was just voice recordings.

The phone bill is going to tick my parents off pretty bad so hopefully the NVC has my case soon!

It will get there! ((HUGS)) (F) 1.89 a minute!! I thought that you couldn't call the Consulate!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats Attaya_girl! I can imagine how exited and happy you are! I bet you did the happy dance in a major way! I know I sure will! You got yours in like 3 or so months, thats so awesome! It will be 3 months for me and Nigel on Aug 7th soooooo....we have a little bit to go or just give me a dang RFE for my lack of passport stamp.....baaad allie...forgot....well have it now hope they are ok with my expedia printout...but have the stamps to send in if it is a RFE whatever. Just waaaatin' and waaatchin' GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Poor Nigel's all antsy too.....this wait is the pits!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congrats Attaya_girl! I can imagine how exited and happy you are! I bet you did the happy dance in a major way! I know I sure will! You got yours in like 3 or so months, thats so awesome! It will be 3 months for me and Nigel on Aug 7th soooooo....we have a little bit to go or just give me a dang RFE for my lack of passport stamp.....baaad allie...forgot....well have it now hope they are ok with my expedia printout...but have the stamps to send in if it is a RFE whatever. Just waaaatin' and waaatchin' GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Poor Nigel's all antsy too.....this wait is the pits!!

Hey Allie,

If you included you Birth Certificate and airline tickets, interny, and other receipts showing the days you were there you probably won't get a RFE for the passport. It is hard to say I think, it seems more or less how much other supporting documents you sent.

I actually did the same thing, I wish I would of read here before I sent our petition in. I also didn't include my passport. It doesn't say to include it in the instructions for the I 129F :( .... I did include my original of my Birth Certificate and all my boarding passes, intenery's, hotel receipts and other receipts ... so hopefully we won't get a RFE for the passport, all it would be doing is supporting what they already are seeing in the first place. So good luck to both of us in not receiving a RFE for this :D

Oh and today is exactly 3 months since NOA1 for her and I ... and exactly 3 and 1/2 months since mailing it in ..... NOA2 has to be coming soon right? We sure can only hope and pray.

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Hey Allie,

If you included you Birth Certificate and airline tickets, interny, and other receipts showing the days you were there you probably won't get a RFE for the passport. It is hard to say I think, it seems more or less how much other supporting documents you sent.

I actually did the same thing, I wish I would of read here before I sent our petition in. I also didn't include my passport. It doesn't say to include it in the instructions for the I 129F :( .... I did include my original of my Birth Certificate and all my boarding passes, intenery's, hotel receipts and other receipts ... so hopefully we won't get a RFE for the passport, all it would be doing is supporting what they already are seeing in the first place. So good luck to both of us in not receiving a RFE for this :D

Oh and today is exactly 3 months since NOA1 for her and I ... and exactly 3 and 1/2 months since mailing it in ..... NOA2 has to be coming soon right? We sure can only hope and pray.

we are in the same timeline.Hope we can get our NOA2 very soooon...

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

Timeline

I just remembered that when we filled out the what is it....g325 or whatever that biographic thing was, we put in his i-94 (forgive the number errors) the visa that they put in HIS PASSPORT number from when he traveled HERE this time THIS April, I DO remember THAT ...THANK GOD....they can look up that i suppose...cause it asks how many times he came to the USA and it asked for that I do believe....well I also was a bad girl and didnt give them the backside of my naturalization certificate bc there isnt anything on it....but I did include my passport photocopy but not ALL the stupid empty pages like i hear they wanted or something....I JUST CANT WIN....LOL. But I figured if I have 2 forms of citizenship documentation instead of 1 it may be just okay.

WE SHALL SEE, EH? oops thats the Canadian coming out...LOL Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating...........and gettiing P.O'd...LOL.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
I just remembered that when we filled out the what is it....g325 or whatever that biographic thing was, we put in his i-94 (forgive the number errors) the visa that they put in HIS PASSPORT number from when he traveled HERE this time THIS April, I DO remember THAT ...THANK GOD....they can look up that i suppose...cause it asks how many times he came to the USA and it asked for that I do believe....well I also was a bad girl and didnt give them the backside of my naturalization certificate bc there isnt anything on it....but I did include my passport photocopy but not ALL the stupid empty pages like i hear they wanted or something....I JUST CANT WIN....LOL. But I figured if I have 2 forms of citizenship documentation instead of 1 it may be just okay.

WE SHALL SEE, EH? oops thats the Canadian coming out...LOL Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating...........and gettiing P.O'd...LOL.

I'm sure you won't get an RFE, Allie. I bet that NOA2 is nearly at your doorstep! :yes:

event.png

Timeline

I sure hope so! Me and Nigel are getting antsy.....lol. He's thinking about maybe Sept to come and see me for a couple weeks but I told him noooo, wait till after August we may get our NOA2 soon. Soooooooo we'll see....ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Plus seeing him on skype every day or so just makes it harder sometimes....cause I just want to reach out and touch him and I cant! I just want to get on the floor and have a tantrum!! LOL LOL I wish we had ways to see if our friends are online on this VJ so we can all talk in realtime....oh well....i'm on msn messenger if anyone wants me.....i guess I'm getting flowers or something sent to me today(hehe) Nigel says i have to stay home this morning! Hmmmmm, will enclose photo if it comes ....

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline
I sure hope so! Me and Nigel are getting antsy.....lol. He's thinking about maybe Sept to come and see me for a couple weeks but I told him noooo, wait till after August we may get our NOA2 soon. Soooooooo we'll see....ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Plus seeing him on skype every day or so just makes it harder sometimes....cause I just want to reach out and touch him and I cant! I just want to get on the floor and have a tantrum!! LOL LOL I wish we had ways to see if our friends are online on this VJ so we can all talk in realtime....oh well....i'm on msn messenger if anyone wants me.....i guess I'm getting flowers or something sent to me today(hehe) Nigel says i have to stay home this morning! Hmmmmm, will enclose photo if it comes ....

I hope that you get to see him soon, soon, soon! Flowers---that's exciting! You should definitely post pictures. As far as the tantrum goes-I think everyone here understands that....Or at least I do. I'll probably be checking in on here pretty often today Allie, if you want to chat :) I'll keep a tab open on my computer for VJ.

Anyone else having a hard time concentrating on anything other than the visa process and being with your fiance again? I feel like it takes everything I've got just to make it through the work day without royally screwing something up.

event.png

Timeline

Theres actually a VJ Chat room ... look on the top of the page here and at the end of the list you will see "chat" it opens a Java chat room with your VJ forum name when you enter the chat room ....

however everytime I have went in there no one has been in there lol

Timeline

we are in the same timeline.Hope we can get our NOA2 very soooon...

I hope soon for both of us as well !!!

I have been watching your timeline daily because we have the exact same time line ... except CSC received our packet April 17th, one day after yours, so I would assume you will get your approval before ours ... good luck and god bless ... a good chance our SO's will have the same interview date even !

Timeline

Oh yes, you guys will KNOW when I get the NOA2 I will be posting it and updating the timeline promptly!!! Also screaming from the rooftops and phoning every man and his dog! lol lol....I sure hope it will be in August....i hope we wont be one of those 6 month + people...even having to (aww) wait the WHOLE 5 months target time would be #######....haha, maybe we'd get that noa2 and then the London consulate will take their sweet time with him later....never fails.....sigh...positive thoughts...positive thoughts...positive thoughts....yes its hard to get through the day without thinking about it and wishing that we were together and not half a world apart...grrrrrrrrrrrr........

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline
Oh yes, you guys will KNOW when I get the NOA2 I will be posting it and updating the timeline promptly!!! Also screaming from the rooftops and phoning every man and his dog! lol lol....I sure hope it will be in August....i hope we wont be one of those 6 month + people...even having to (aww) wait the WHOLE 5 months target time would be #######....haha, maybe we'd get that noa2 and then the London consulate will take their sweet time with him later....never fails.....sigh...positive thoughts...positive thoughts...positive thoughts....yes its hard to get through the day without thinking about it and wishing that we were together and not half a world apart...grrrrrrrrrrrr........

Allie, I told everyone and their dog too! :P What I thought was funny was that almost every person I told asked me, "Have you told Lamine yet?" Oh-you mean the one person who is affected by this as much as I am? Oh, yeah, well of course I told him! :rolleyes: Even people that I told a day after the fact asked this question. The first person I told was Lamine, of course, and VJ followed quickly thereafter.

Hope everyone gets NOA2's soon.

It's such a beautiful day today, and all I want to do is go sit on the grass beneath the cherry tree and work from there.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It will get there! ((HUGS)) (F) 1.89 a minute!! I thought that you couldn't call the Consulate!!

Well technically I called the consulate and a voice prompt gave me a 1-900 number for interview questions and bookings. That's who I called by they said they don't do immigrant visa's there so I'd have to call the Calgary airport border station and they would know the answer. They however were only recorded responses unless I knew the extension of the person I wished to contact. But now I know better than trying to get anything useful from the consulate.

Still not received at the NVC, have you had any luck Emily and Gareth?

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Well technically I called the consulate and a voice prompt gave me a 1-900 number for interview questions and bookings. That's who I called by they said they don't do immigrant visa's there so I'd have to call the Calgary airport border station and they would know the answer. They however were only recorded responses unless I knew the extension of the person I wished to contact. But now I know better than trying to get anything useful from the consulate.

Still not received at the NVC, have you had any luck Emily and Gareth?

Mine's not there, either (NOA2 on July 20).

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.