shiri

Denied -lacking I864A for joint sponsor's spouse

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband had his interview on March 24 and we were denied because they need an I864A from the joint sponsor's spouse. We hadn't submitted that because I was under the impression that a joint sponsor could not have a co sponsor. My joint sponsor made enough on his own to support my husband here, but they are requiring that. We mailed it in and are waiting on a reply. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, what was the outcome and if you got your visa, how long did it take?

Thanks!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline
My husband had his interview on March 24 and we were denied because they need an I864A from the joint sponsor's spouse. We hadn't submitted that because I was under the impression that a joint sponsor could not have a co sponsor. My joint sponsor made enough on his own to support my husband here, but they are requiring that. We mailed it in and are waiting on a reply. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, what was the outcome and if you got your visa, how long did it take?

Thanks!

Hi Shiri,

If the co-sponsor has a joint tax return, as yours does - you must provide all slips etc to support the single joint sponsor's income.

So for instance your joint sponsor should have submitted his tax return, or transcript and all W2s or 1099s or investment income proof - or whatever, to show his individual income - did you do this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If the joint sponsor commingles income, and file a joint return with spouse, yes an I-864A may be needed to ADD the income from spouse to that of the joint sponsor, especially if the joint sponsor's income alone does not meet the required level to sponsor immigrant and support their dependents.

I-864A is used by a member of household to add their income to Sponsor, or Joint-sponsor.

Note you should not be denied for this, this should be an RFE "Request for Evidence".

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks!

Hi Shiri,

If the co-sponsor has a joint tax return, as yours does - you must provide all slips etc to support the single joint sponsor's income.

So for instance your joint sponsor should have submitted his tax return, or transcript and all W2s or 1099s or investment income proof - or whatever, to show his individual income - did you do this?

Yes.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

Thanks!

Hi Shiri,

Yes.

Hmm, well that is very weird.

Was the CO paying attention?? :lol:

Timeline

You know Shiri, i'm actually serious about them making a mistake - I believe it happens all the time.

I believe they do not all know all the rules.

This helps people applying for visas - zero. Still have to give them what they ask for whether it's correct or incorrect - very unfortunate.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Here are copies of the letters they handed my husband...

letterfromvisa2.jpg

letterfromvisa1.jpg

This is why I called it denied, even though it really is more of an RFE like you said.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline
You know Shiri, i'm actually serious about them making a mistake - I believe it happens all the time.

This helps people applying for visas - zero. Still have to give them what they ask for whether it's correct or incorrect - very unfortunate.

Thank you. I hope they see the error and we get a positive word back on the approval of the visa. I checked the Canada Post Tracking number this morning for the self addressed xpresspost mailer this morning and nothing. They say we should expect 4 weeks for a reply, but I was hoping for quicker. Do you know what they tell you when you actually are approved at the interview about how long to expect to receive it? Do they tell you 7 days like it often takes many of the VJ users or 4 weeks is a standard answer?

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

Thank you. I hope they see the error and we get a positive word back on the approval of the visa. I checked the Canada Post Tracking number this morning for the self addressed xpresspost mailer this morning and nothing. They say we should expect 4 weeks for a reply, but I was hoping for quicker. Do you know what they tell you when you actually are approved at the interview about how long to expect to receive it? Do they tell you 7 days like it often takes many of the VJ users or 4 weeks is a standard answer?

Many are now able to pick up their visa the same day. When my Husband interviewed they offered to let him pick it up the following day - we had it mailed, he interviewed on a Tuesday I believe, it was in our mailbox on Friday.

I do not think, from all the reviews I have read, that anyone is ever told 4 weeks (based on just a regular approval).

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Many are now able to pick up their visa the same day. When my Husband interviewed they offered to let him pick it up the following day - we had it mailed, he interviewed on a Tuesday I believe, it was in our mailbox on Friday.

I do not think, from all the reviews I have read, that anyone is ever told 4 weeks (based on just a regular approval).

Wow! That is fast! Thank you for your response. That really helps me gauge more. Have a great day! :star:

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.