krystiandjon

Foreign-born British Citizens and AP

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you guys think being born in a different country but still a British citizen makes you more likely to be put into AP?

I'm trying to ascertain our chances of being totally heartbroken after the interview. Jon was born in South Africa, not really a high-risk country but.....

Do you guys think being born in a different country but still a British citizen makes you more likely to be put into AP?

I'm trying to ascertain our chances of being totally heartbroken after the interview. Jon was born in South Africa, not really a high-risk country but.....

Hello Krysti...well I was unaware of people being put on AP if they were born in another country but UK citizens...

until KnightandMagpie's and DairyFarmer's cases came along. It is becoming more common for people who are non-UK born UK citizens to be put on AP. DairyFarmer was born and raised in Australia...so that is not a high-risk country by any means whatsoever, but still she is on AP unfortunately.

For people who are residing in the UK not as citizens but as students on UK student visa or any other legal residency visa...AP happens for sure as VJ statistics show. And generally, having a common name is also a very frequently-reported reason to be put on AP for security checks.

So these are the reasons people are being put on AP in London:

-Having a common name

-Being born in a different country BUT were raised in the UK and lived there all his/her life and is a UK citizen

-Foreign nationals residing in the UK on a UK student visa

Don't stress about it too much!

-Marm

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:thumbs:

Hello Krysti...well I was unaware of people being put on AP if they were born in another country but UK citizens...

until KnightandMagpie's and DairyFarmer's cases came along. It is becoming more common for people who are non-UK born UK citizens to be put on AP. DairyFarmer was born and raised in Australia...so that is not a high-risk country by any means whatsoever, but still she is on AP unfortunately.

For people who are residing in the UK not as citizens but as students on UK student visa or any other legal residency visa...AP happens for sure as VJ statistics show. And generally, having a common name is also a very frequently-reported reason to be put on AP for security checks.

So these are the reasons people are being put on AP in London:

-Having a common name

-Being born in a different country BUT were raised in the UK and lived there all his/her life and is a UK citizen

-Foreign nationals residing in the UK on a UK student visa

Don't stress about it too much!

-Marm

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I haven't really looked at this carefully but it does seem to happen based on some posters' experience. I can think of some exceptions though (Australian)

And a few Irish citizens have gone through no problem. The incidence of AP seems to be increasing in London though -- very rare when we did DCF 2 years ago. Other old-timers, what do you think?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I have seen it happen for South Asians since I joined in 05.....usually out of it quickly, with some notable exceptions (dipsticks)

Seeing it happen for other countries is a recent trend

That's been my reading of it so far. And I *think* the hold up with the dipsticks was on the USCIS end, not in London. Nigeria as a birth country also has been an indicator of possible AP.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i would be more worried about AP because he is a UK citizen rather than a former SA citizen.. :)

Well, if you ask him he's South African ;)

But, from what it sounds like there are many many more variables to consider other than just country of birth and we'll just cross our fingers!

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.