6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

HI Members

I have just received a letter from the US immigration services,the letter states that to further complete the process of application we need the following.

The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of Support, indicates they are self-employed. In order to process our application further, please submit one of the following.

IRS-issued transcripts of your Federal income tax return for the most recent year

OR

All Fedral income tax schedules filed with IRS

we already sent our joint sponsor's most recent tax return (2008)with AOS.what should i do?please help me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you send in the w2 or the actual tax transcript?

I got a RFE for the I-864 also and it was because I just sent the w-2's so I called the # that you can get from the IRS website and requested for the transcipts and received the them about 10 days later..

Edited by TiFF & OB3D

AOS Timeline

Date Filed : 2008-07-06

NOA Date : 2008-07-14

RFE(s) : 2008-08-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-31

AOS Transfer to CSC : 2008-09-08

AOS approved on 2009/03/24

Received Welcome Letter 2009/03/28

2009/04/01 received Green Card!!! =)

HI Members

I have just received a letter from the US immigration services,the letter states that to further complete the process of application we need the following.

The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of Support, indicates they are self-employed. In order to process our application further, please submit one of the following.

IRS-issued transcripts of your Federal income tax return for the most recent year

OR

we already sent our joint sponsor's most recent tax return (2008)with AOS.what should i do?please help me

If you didn't include copies of the corresponding W-2's, they won't accept them.

Get the transcripts, they have everything. 15-20 mins on the phone with the IRS and they will fax them to you directly.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
HI Members

OR

If you didn't include copies of the corresponding W-2's, they won't accept them.

Get the transcripts, they have everything. 15-20 mins on the phone with the IRS and they will fax them to you directly.

yes i didn't include his w-2's.thank you so much

HI Members

OR

How do you get to speak to a live person at the IRS? we called the free call number ending in 1040 and there was no option to speak to a live person to fax it. What's the secret?

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.