NicEgypt

First Topic After I Arrive U.S.A

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everybody .. really i miss everyone here :) i have new topic and i want everyone here share me .. now i live in Augusta, GA . and i want we move to Atlanta, GA and i want to know everything about there like what is a good areas there and what about jobs there and Muslims community and masjed's there and how far from the good areas things like that .. i need some share :) thanks all

From

happiness rules

1 :- Don’t hate anyone even though he offends you

2 :- Don’t ever worry and increase invocation to god

3 :- Live simply however your rank getting high

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

5 :- Give more even if you were abstained

6 :- Smile even if you heart is crying bloods

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

196029953.jpg

CLICK ON PIC TO DOWNLOAD HOLY QURAN ( MANY LANGUAGES ) ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

670873386.jpg

The best suggestion i can give would be for you to go to a regional website chat room like yahoo chat and go to Atlanta room and ask specific questions. Things in the states change so rapidly that unless you live in the Atlanta area it is hard to give specifics about the job market, housing, religious connections etc. Best to contact people in that area or Google Atlanta and see what comes up for you. Chat rooms are probable the best since the info will be the most current normally.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The way you will find out about all of these things is to network. My husband started out by going to a few local mosques and just talking to people. Good luck!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is your wife wanting to move there or is this a decision you are wanting to make? Sorry for asking, I just know a lot of women that get in the position of moving to another state with their husbands because "the grass is always greener." Maybe these ladies in this situation will speak up?

u don't want me to speak up on the "grass being greener" side... but if your wife is the one that wants to move there, then I recommend searching for local masjids and starting there. Good luck and may all your choices be good ones ensha'allah

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have not moved since my husband arrived early 06, but when he first go here he had a magical idea of moving to Houston because everyone told him there is a large arab population there (who everyone is I am still trying to figure this out) and he would make unlimited amounts of money. I refused to move which did cause a stink for a while but I will not pack up and move to the unknown. Funny how things work out because around the time my husband had his brilliant vision he just happened to start working with an arab that had just moved from Houston area back to Illinois because after being in Texas for a year he realised his dream was not going to come true. I'm still working hard on get my dream to come true so why is it arab men tend to come to the U.S and automatically want to move?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think they have a vision of what it will be like in the US. And when they come they see the real life, and think that they can still find that life in the movies.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I moved to Atlanta in 2005. We moved here because he was offered a very good job here. I am a nurse so I can work anywhere.

We've done well because he already had the job before we came. Truthfully, we've met alot of people who can't find jobs or have to work 2 or 3 very low paying jobs just to get by. If they dont' have a college or technical education they end up working in stores or restuarants owned by people who take advantage of them, making them work 7 days a week and long hours at minimum wage. The "good" areas to live in are very expensive so you will find that alot of people who move here with no job or education live in very poor conditions. We could show you areas that look like a third world country with the people still living in conditions no better than their home countries. Nothing is cheap or free. If you don't have a real plan, money set aside to get a place to live and a job waiting for you, you'd be crazy to up and move here. A young man whose family we know came here 6 months ago on the green card lottery. His brother-in-law got him a job in one of his "friends" cafes. He worked him everyday from morning to evening paid him minimum wage and took advantage of him. He got mad and quit and can't find another job. He's going to end up either going back to that bad job out of desperation or he's going to end up going home. Alot of the men even end up joining the army as translators because they can't find anything else to do. I'm sorry if this isn't what you hoped to hear but its the truth.

Deb

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Adam and I live in Atlanta. I grew up here for the past 12 yrs and been at my job for nearly 9 yrs. We have no family here in Georgia bcz they all moved to either Louisiana (Baton Rouge) where we grew up or the other half the family is in Texas (Houston) where my mother and grandparents are at.

After Adam and I vacationed in Louisiana last month we have been thinking about moving there. It is extremely hard on me to think about it though bcz I hate moving, the act of it and the change. However, I do miss all my family, I miss my neices and nephews being born and growing up, I miss my brothers and sister n laws. I miss family. Adam has no ties to Georgia and he and my family are close so hes more excited to pick up and move there. My brothers have really good jobs there too. I can transfer to a Walmart there, so I wont be giving up my management position.

I will however be really sad to leave our Arabic church here and all the friends and co workers that I spent 9-12yrs with.

I am still not 100% sure what we will do or exactly when we will do it, but it is a daily topic for us.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.