boozaub

SAVE Verifcation System

8 posts in this topic

HI ALL,

Has anyone ever heard of SAVE verification system?

I went to DMV/DDS to get my Driver's License and they will not issue me one because they said that the SAVE verification system of Immigration is not updated, that it still has my maiden name although when I received my green card, my green card has my MARRIED name.

I tried calling USCIS 800 number and I'm going no-where with their options. I can't talk to a customer service rep and I did try making an appointment through INFOPASS and it said that there's no available appointments in my area :((

What a day!

Please Help.

Aubrey & Brian

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

How about your social security card? Have you changed your name with them?

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ask DMV to contact USCIS for a manual verification. If they refuse, then ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, then make an InfoPass appointment with USCIS.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

• 2 weeks later...
Ask DMV to contact USCIS for a manual verification. If they refuse, then ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, then make an InfoPass appointment with USCIS.

I made an appointment with USCIS through Infopass. Those people that I talked with DON'T CARE, they're so rude also. They don't likey their jobs. tsk tsk..

But thanks for the Information.

Aubrey & Brian

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I made an appointment with USCIS through Infopass. Those people that I talked with DON'T CARE, they're so rude also. They don't likey their jobs. tsk tsk..

But thanks for the Information.

So you made an appt on InfoPass? Let us know how it goes. My state, OR, just started using the SAVE system on 01/01/09 so I'm a bit nervous about it.

For Oregon, anyway, it says: (from OR DMV)

"There could be reasons why an applicant's information may not verify through a SAVE check," DMV Administrator Tom McClellan said. "Like the electronic check of Social Security numbers, a small percentage will not verify because of a discrepancy in some piece of the information, such as the name or date of birth."

Have you talked to Social Security? Made sure they have your correct name? Like virginian said.

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my wife tried to remove the restriction from her Social Security card after getting her green card, we had to fight our local SSA office tooth and nail because they said SAVE still showed her maiden name. Never mind the fact that she had applied for her first Social Security card in her MARRIED name and had gotten it with no problem. We had to make an appointment with a supervisor. He was very helpful. He had us bring my wife's passport and our marriage certificate in. Once he checked those, he went ahead and approved the new card despite the outdated information in SAVE. He was quite apologetic about the whole thing.

So, sometimes it helps to get someone higher up involved than just the person at the counter.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

When my wife tried to remove the restriction from her Social Security card after getting her green card, we had to fight our local SSA office tooth and nail because they said SAVE still showed her maiden name. Never mind the fact that she had applied for her first Social Security card in her MARRIED name and had gotten it with no problem. We had to make an appointment with a supervisor. He was very helpful. He had us bring my wife's passport and our marriage certificate in. Once he checked those, he went ahead and approved the new card despite the outdated information in SAVE. He was quite apologetic about the whole thing.

So, sometimes it helps to get someone higher up involved than just the person at the counter.

Agreed. I'd ask for the DMV supervisor and have him or her figure it out. That's what we pay them to do. Good luck.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Save sure sounds good on paper, setting up a database so maybe we would no longer have to send in the original USC certiticate to the DOS to get a passport. But very happy we didn't have to deal with them with our state.

Just like with the VA losing all of my military records due to some fire in St. Louis, no problem, I have all the original documents, can't use those, and you do not get any educational benefits, I am still pissed off about that, and I rarely use that pissed off word.

Just seems if you go into a government agency with the original documents, like your green card, they should be happy with that, not some screwed up database. I ran into the same problem trying to get my birth certificate from the State of Illinois that switched to a database. They hired a bunch of idiots that can't even spell, they did send me a copy, but loaded with spelling errors, sure didn't want to give that to the USCIS, took me three months to get that corrected dealing with an idiot from the State of Illinois.

I didn't think of contacting my congressman back then with my VA benefits I got screwed out of, just accepted the information from the idiot I was dealing with, but learned since then, when you have problems like this to go to the top. When my wife was rejected for her drivers' license renewal, I was steaming mad and called our governor to get that resolved and you may have to do the same thing. Most of the people put in charge are helpers to get that guy elected and consequently are idiots.

So you are between a rock and a hard place, does the USCIS correct this database or the DMV?

But whatever, it's your DMV that is refusing to issue your license, and you do have proof that you are a LPR, so take it up with your governor. That's what I had to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.