rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My RFE was mailed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked my email and it was there!

Sorry, I spent the day out, don´t know how the threads are working.

I´ll post it everywhere!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think this is good news to everyone. Even if it takes 2 weeks, they will send it!!!!

Thank you all so much for the support. Never been this happy.

I´ll add my info to the other thread!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET SO HAPPY 4 YOU :thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My RFE was mailed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked my email and it was there!

Sorry, I spent the day out, don´t know how the threads are working.

I´ll post it everywhere!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think this is good news to everyone. Even if it takes 2 weeks, they will send it!!!!

Thank you all so much for the support. Never been this happy.

I´ll add my info to the other thread!

Keep rowin' that boat RLT! If yours is like many others, it may be a few days until you get the RFE in the mail after they send you the email that the RFE has been sent. I got the "RFE has been sent" email on both June 26 and 27, and a third email on June 30 saying, the "RFE was mailed on June 26", but in reality, the postmark on the envelope was June 30, and it didn't show up in my mailbox until July 5. The normal time for snail mail from CSC to my place in Portland is 3-4 days. But it will get to you shortly, never fear.

I haven't seen that any recalls who received the RFE and mailed it back have heard anything yet about what they will do next. I assume they will review your responses, and if it is not a complicated situation with respect to those responses, the petition will likely quickly be "reaffirmed", sent back to NVC, and then forwarded back to the appropriate embassy or consulate. I had one non-IMBRA RFE after my NOA1 , and it only took them (Nebraska) a few days to turn that around and send the NOA2 approval. This has been a really convoluted process to do what needed to be done to comply with IMBRA, but maybe it will be over for all of us soon. :thumbs: B) :yes:

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

hey there, thought I would add my timeline.

3/8/06 fiancee and I submitted the application

4/6/06 approved

4/26 we're notified the case has been forwarded to the US Embassy in Buenos Aires

5/15 my fiancee received nitification to complete the medical exam and criminal background check

5/30 I emailed the embassy requesting the interview be scheduled during my visit (week of June 2)

5/31 response email from embassy states the case is invalid due to the IMBRA

6/1 letter from the embassy giving my fiancee an interview date for 6/30 (we think we've slipped thru the cracks)

6/30 fiancee goes to the embassy for the interview and is told it was an error (we're crushed)

6/20 2 letters from the USCIS stating the case is reopened and previous approval decision resonsidered

6/26 letter for RFE (received by me 7/3)

7/5 return RFE express delivery overnite

waiting. ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I've been away and have not been checking the boards. So far our case has not been reopened or touched or anything. Our petition has been back in Vermont for over a month. It was returned on May 18th.

Our NOA1 was dated March 8th.

This is so disheartening. With all these people receiving and returning their RFEs I feel really low having not had any change in our case status. Am I the only one here with such an early NOA1 that has not yet heard ANYTHING?

Bah. I don't know what to do.

E

K1 Visa Timeline!!

03/03/2006: I-129F sent

03/22/2006: I-129F approved: - 19 days!! :-)

04/06/2006: Package 3 rec'd

04/25/2006: Package 3 sent

Letter received saying our petion has been recalled!!!!

05/26/2006: Medical

7.23.2006"Commitment Ceremony" and celebration bash ie. wedding without the official marriage certificate - It was AMAZING!!!

08/17/2006: I-29F Reapproved

08/23/2006: Reaprroved petition recevied in London: August 23rd.

10/09/2006: Visa Interview

10/11/2006: Visa in hand

10/11/2006: Lee flew to America

Legal wedding ceremony at Boston City Hall: October 13th!

AoS Timeline!!

12/19/2006: Mailed AoS, EAD, and AP

12/22/2006: NOAs for AoS, EAD and AP

01/11/2006: Biometrics Appointment

01/14/2006: Notified by email of AoS case transfer to CSC!!

01/16/2006: AoS and EAD "Touched"

01/20/2006: AoS "Touched"

01/22/2006: AoS "Touched"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow, were they busy yesterday! I believe all the other cases we have on VJ will be soon be touched and you two who are still in limbo will get your RFEs really soon.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Expatrica - I am entirely empathetic. My fiance is also from the UK, and we our case has not been touched by USCIS since May 1st. And my Congresswoman and Senators are being extraordinarily unhelpful and particuarly bold given that i am a law-abiding, voting constituent.

We were told that our petition was mailed to Vermont from NVC on June 27th and still nothing. No one is helping, i am left with that sinking feeling of lost deposits and missing my fiance.

Is there anything else I could be doing? I'm phoning Vermont (1-800-375-5283) but I am routed to some one in the main USCIS office who reiterates the painful obvious fact that my "case has been approved on April 19th..."

Help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Expatrica - I am entirely empathetic. My fiance is also from the UK, and we our case has not been touched by USCIS since May 1st. And my Congresswoman and Senators are being extraordinarily unhelpful and particuarly bold given that i am a law-abiding, voting constituent.

We were told that our petition was mailed to Vermont from NVC on June 27th and still nothing. No one is helping, i am left with that sinking feeling of lost deposits and missing my fiance.

Is there anything else I could be doing? I'm phoning Vermont (1-800-375-5283) but I am routed to some one in the main USCIS office who reiterates the painful obvious fact that my "case has been approved on April 19th..."

Help

I also just called Vermont, but no help. All she tells me is that their system does not reflect that my petition has been received back. Even though a man at Vermont told me that it was but if he lied NVC told me they sent it back to VSC on June 2. I am so sad about this whole situation. Considering that I was one of the first to be recalled and our interview was sceduled on May 15, I am furious that my case has not even made it "back" into the system yet!! For all she knows ( the VSC customer service) is that they do not have it back. So she tells me to wait :ranting:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Aquelunya,

you know I called Vermont a lot...

I also got the same information as you.

First they said my petition was there only for a week (even though NVC emailed me a month before saying they had fwd it to VSC).

This is terrible, believe me, I know. But don´t believe in everything you hear. Your petition is there. It has to be.

I really don´t know ehy they haven´t touched it yet, but at this stage, forget about your NOA1. This is not how they are handling it.

I think when you send your RFE back, you´ll be approved fast, though.

I just wanna say they didn´t reopen everyone´s case yet. And they are not doing it in a hurry.

They will be doing it. I think it will just make you feel better if you think the problem now is the waiting. But your case is all good. Maybe today is the day and I was wrong..

I kind of "lost" your thursday, right?

Good luck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

wahhhhhh! i want my rfe!!!!! wahhhhhh!!!!

good morning everyone!

rlt - i am so happy your fiance is receiving the rfe finally. you were beginning to scare me too!

aquelunya - $50 bucks says your case is back at VSC. NVS was always the most accurate when i received info from them.

cutiepie726 - do you want to add yourself to the http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=126 thread? we are keeping a tally.

rlt unfortunately thursday was not my day. still no touches or updates even though I was told this week my case would be in front of a rep. I won't be able to call VSC til Monday. but good for you.

It's painful being in the double minority (recalled and not updated)! :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Help

I also just called Vermont, but no help. All she tells me is that their system does not reflect that my petition has been received back. Even though a man at Vermont told me that it was but if he lied NVC told me they sent it back to VSC on June 2. I am so sad about this whole situation. Considering that I was one of the first to be recalled and our interview was sceduled on May 15, I am furious that my case has not even made it "back" into the system yet!! For all she knows ( the VSC customer service) is that they do not have it back. So she tells me to wait :ranting:

There is a reason that the people at VSC tell you a petition is back when it is not. They have two files for you. One is the local file that they had to recall from the local office. they track when that comes back. The other file is the file that gets forwarded to the Embassy through NVC. That one also has to come back.

They did the same thing to me - telling me my petition was back at VSC when it had not even made it to NVC. The reason is that the guy on the phone was thinking about the file that they get back from storage on your case, not the actual petition. It took me a while, but I cleared that one up with USCIS, so I thought I would pass the info on to you.

And here is another bit of info: USCIS still has hundreds of petitions that have not arrived back at the service centers. Some of us may be stuck in there.

My petition is one of those. It has not even been received back at VSC yet. 7 weeks just to get it from Moscow to VSC and it is not even there yet.

Timeline

Yes - to additionally clarify: there is the FILE (which has sat in ones respective service center) and there is the PETITION which was forwarded to the NVC and subsequently your embassy. When I called Vermont to inquire the status of my IMBRA-RRE I was told by a very nice lady that my file was in a storage room in the next building over, and that she didnt have access to whether or not my petition was in it. That led me to believe it wasnt. That is how I decided to call NVC and track it down there, which is was and then it was "noted for sending" on June 27th. NOTE: This does not mean it was MAILED on June 27th, just "noted for sending." The woman at NVC said it takes 2-4 weeks to get it to Vermont (must go by pony express), the halfwit at my Senator's office said it takes "under 10 days."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I did some math based on the information we all provided in our other thread. I am calling it speculation, so it belongs here. Based on our group as a cross-section, here are some thoughts about how well VSC is doing (did not count the CSC entry):

65% of people who received NOA2s have had there cases "re-opened".

35% of people who received NOA2s have not had there cases "re-opened".

(This will loosely corellate with the percentage of people whose cases have not been received back from State. Lag time between receiving case back and re-opening it might make the figure different).

61% of people who received NOA2s have received notification that they will be receiving an RFE.

17% of people who received NOA2s have received RFEs.

Based on the 1100 number they gave us earlier:

715 People have had their petitions re-opened.

385 have not had there petitions re-opened.

187 people have received RFEs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

From the approvals we´ve been having, they are now adjudicating in RFE order.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.