8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey VJs, Yesterday I was filling my forms for the AOS. For the first time I looked at my I-94. On the back of this document I have a A# and a stamp sayin' : employment authorized 16AUG2009. Do you know what it is ?

Some POE's will slap that on when you come in on a K-1.

Means your allowed to work till 16AUG09.

You didn't ask for it, did you?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
Some POE's will slap that on when you come in on a K-1.

You didn't ask for it, did you?

No I didn't ask for it, but that is a great news !

Just make sure you apply for the new EAD when you do your AOS package, so your not out of work for any length of time.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
Just make sure you apply for the new EAD when you do your AOS package, so your not out of work for any length of time.

Thank you very much for this information :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Was your POE JFK?

Edited by Johan & Anne

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Caveat: You're authorised to work if you can convince your employer that you meet the requirements of the employment auth verification form (I-9) that your they will have to fill in when you start working. Plenty that I've read here suggests you'll find that easier said than done. Do a search on this subject, it comes up quite often...

The primary purpose of this stamp, as far as I'm aware is not to allow the K-1 to work in those 90 days but to make it easier for them to obtain a SSN in the event that they live in an area where a valid SSN is required to obtain a marriage license.

Further reading

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.