Officer's Fiance

Long Birth certificate for USC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I posted this question in another thread and I think it got lost..... :unsure:

As the foreign fiance, I have the long version, but does the USC have to send in the long version as well? I couldn't find anything in the guides that make reference to the long BC for the UCS... Did anyone send in the short version and be ok?

Thanks

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

As the foreign fiance, I have the long version, but does the USC have to send in the long version as well? I couldn't find anything in the guides that make reference to the long BC for the UCS... Did anyone send in the short version and be ok?

Thanks

I don't believe the US has an option between long form and short form.. they are all long form...if it's a card, then it's probably not the official BC that one would get from their country clerk's office.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline

Thanks

The US doesn't have a long and short form Birth Certificate. There's just a birth certificate. True, you can get a wallet-sized legal BC, but it's still the normal one, just smaller (reduced).

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks

The US doesn't have a long and short form Birth Certificate. There's just a birth certificate. True, you can get a wallet-sized legal BC, but it's still the normal one, just smaller (reduced).

It depends on the state that issued the BC. I have both a short and a long form from South Carolina. I couldn't find the long form when I sent in my application, but it states in the instructions for the I-129f that if you lack a birth certificate, you can send in a complete copy of your passport (all pages, including the blank ones.) So I sent that with the short form to be on the safe side and had no problems getting approved through Vermont. (Until IMBRA screwed it all up, of course.)

Thanks

It depends on the state that issued the BC. I have both a short and a long form from South Carolina. I couldn't find the long form when I sent in my application, but it states in the instructions for the I-129f that if you lack a birth certificate, you can send in a complete copy of your passport (all pages, including the blank ones.) So I sent that with the short form to be on the safe side and had no problems getting approved through Vermont. (Until IMBRA screwed it all up, of course.)

Hmmm.... interesting. Now I'm curious to hear from other members from other states. Indiana just has the one birth certificate. I honestly can't understand the purpose of having a long one and a short one.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Hmmm.... interesting. Now I'm curious to hear from other members from other states. Indiana just has the one birth certificate. I honestly can't understand the purpose of having a long one and a short one.

I agree with you, what's the point in having a long birth certificate and a short one. Here in California, I believe there is also just one kind of birth certificate. :D

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know about what kind of BC Texas issues???? Long and short or just one? Unfortunately my fiance (who is the USC) only has an expired passport and hasn't gotten around to renewing yet... ah, procrastination drives me crazy!

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, yay Indiana! I grew up about 45 minutes north of Louisville and went to school in Bloomington. :)

Secondly, I was born in Kentucky, I've only ever seen one version of the BC from here.

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've never seen the point of having a wallet sized birth certificate myself. I lost the long one and had to have it replaced, because every time I've tried to use the short form as ID, people have thought it was a really bad fake. Hence I sent in a copy of my passport with our application!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks

It is true that some states issue a wallet sized card, but it usually isn't called a Birth Certificate. It's usually called a Registration of Birth Card or something to that extent. The only document that is an actual Birth Certificate in the US is the 81/2 X 11 one with all of the birth information...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

I think some of the states (if not all) issue a short version of the birth certificate. However, some of them may not have your parents name listed on them. I know that my USC fiance from OR has a "short form" BC but we realized that after we had already sent our petition in that he would need the longer form like Zyggy is saying. Check out the pinned RFE thread - it may be necessary to get the BC with your parents name on it to include in the I-129F package because many have gotten RFE's for not doing so). Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4725

So just read through some of it - i think it is on the 2nd page or something. THis is why we are going to try and send a copy of the 81/2x11 BC that we ordered from vitalcheck with the 1st IMBRA RFE we get so that we can hopefully surpass getting ANOTHER RFE later on. (google for vitalcheck and see if you can order what you need). It took a couple weeks to get it.

Has anyone sent in their application where they didn't have their "long form" BC or pages of passport submitted but still got approved? I would be interested to see if it is possible. Or are there others that had an RFE from not having a LF BC submitted and only the card-type one?

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

zyggy,

My birth certificate, issued by the county registrar's office many many years ago, is not 8-1/2x11. It's still as valid today as it was the day it was issued.

Yodrak

.... The only document that is an actual Birth Certificate in the US is the 81/2 X 11 one with all of the birth information...

Thanks

It is true that some states issue a wallet sized card, but it usually isn't called a Birth Certificate. It's usually called a Registration of Birth Card or something to that extent. The only document that is an actual Birth Certificate in the US is the 81/2 X 11 one with all of the birth information...

The Indiana birth certificate is only half that size (8x5, I think), and all of them (in IN) list mother and father.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
zyggy,

My birth certificate, issued by the county registrar's office many many years ago, is not 8-1/2x11. It's still as valid today as it was the day it was issued.

Yodrak

.... The only document that is an actual Birth Certificate in the US is the 81/2 X 11 one with all of the birth information...

Same as Pennsylvania-I just ordered a "long-form" which just has my parents information on it(I thought it would look different but doesn't). They are all the same size here :yes:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.