dyd4u2

Preparing for my interview, HELP VJ'ers

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello my VJ family

I'm preparing my interview for K-3 Visa at the US Embassy in Jakarta. Can someone please advice me of what to expect in the interview.... What will be the questions about? and how long will it takes?

In the US embassy official website it is mentioned that one of the document that I need to prepare for the interview is proof of relationships (but they didn't mention about it on the list of document preparation that was sent to us from the NVC and Jakarta Consular).

My question, what kind of documents that I can used as proof of relationship?

We sent affidavits proof of ongoing marriage relationships to the USCIS back when we were applying for the I-130 and I-129 petitions, so can we use that too as proof of relationships?

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Hello my VJ family

I'm preparing my interview for K-3 Visa at the US Embassy in Jakarta. Can someone please advice me of what to expect in the interview.... What will be the questions about? and how long will it takes?

In the US embassy official website it is mentioned that one of the document that I need to prepare for the interview is proof of relationships (but they didn't mention about it on the list of document preparation that was sent to us from the NVC and Jakarta Consular).

We sent affidavits proof of ongoing marriage relationships to the USCIS back when we were applying for the I-130 and I-129 petitions, so can we use that too as proof of relationships?

Some proofs of on-going relationship..

Pictures

Chat logs

Letters or Cards

Proof of remittances

Phone bills

You could bring anything that proves your relationship as a couple.. Affidavits is an additional proof, too..

Goodluck!

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I was on K-1, but I don't think the requirements for interview would be that much different from K-3. Also met somebody who went for K-3 interview on the day and she needed the same things as I did. So these are what you need to bring other than affidavit of support:

Pictures (from the time when you were still dating, wedding, and after you are married).

Proof of employment from employer stating your position and annual salary (original).

Pay stubs (the last 3-6 months, copies are fine).

Proofs of assets (home ownership, 401k account, etc. Copies are fine).

Complete copy of the package(s) you sent to USCIS from the US (the consul made a very positive comment when he saw that I had the identical copy of the I-29F package... so it's a good sign).

If you or your spouse was married before, make sure you have certified copy of your divorce decree. The lady I met who came for K-3 interview was grilled during the interview because she couldn't bring solid proof of her divorce. They asked her to come back again. You surely don't want this to happen.

I also brought copy of my husband's (then fiance) passports as proof that he came to visit me, and certified copy of his birth certificate (the consul didn't ask for all of these, but we thought it would be wise to prepare because we read on VJ that different consulates asked for them).

Hope this helps. Best of luck! :)

Hello my VJ family

Timeline:

16-05-08 Sent I-129F to VSC

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

23-10-08 Interview - Approved

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

27-01-09 AOS documents sent

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

27-02-09 Biometrics appointment

02-04-09 Redo biometrics... aargghh!! >:(

03-04-09 Advance Parole received

10-04-09 EAD card received

01-05-09 RFE received

20-05-09 RFE response sent

25-06-09 AOS approved (CRIS e-mail notification)

07-07-09 Green Card received

Timeline

Ooh... as for the interview itself...

From what I saw the day I went for my interview, if things going well (no problem with paperworks) it shouldn't be more than 10 minutes. All of people that I met for family based visa that day and had their interview for more than 10 minutes were not approved. So I think long interview almost always means that the consul sees red flag in a case (for one reason or another). Mine was very short... 5 minutes or so, but had to wait for more than 3 hours before they called me in!

The questions are very basic... like:

When, where, and how I met my fiance

What was my fiance's job

Did my fiance ever meet my parents

Just be sure to stay calm ;) It's really not that bad! :star:

Hello my VJ family

Timeline:

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

01-05-09 RFE received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello my VJ family

In general the questions are simple. They are not the same for a K 1 type visa. Your proof of relationship is your marrage rather than pictures ect required for K 1 types.

Ours was a K 3 as well. How did you meet? how long have you been married? Children? Where will you be living in the USA? Questions anyone starting a new life together can easily answer.

Other than that just comply with the Packet 3 instructions & you will have no problem.

How long is the interview? Thats a product of your ability to answer the questions & how many they ask. Our was 10 minutes but it wasnt in Jakarta.

You will find the hardest part is behind you already.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hello my VJ family

Generally asked questions:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=exampleq

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Timeline
Hello my VJ family

Some proofs of on-going relationship..

Pictures

Chat logs

Letters or Cards

Proof of remittances

Phone bills

You could bring anything that proves your relationship as a couple.. Affidavits is an additional proof, too..

Goodluck!

thank you :)

Timeline

I was on K-1, but I don't think the requirements for interview would be that much different from K-3. Also met somebody who went for K-3 interview on the day and she needed the same things as I did. So these are what you need to bring other than affidavit of support:

Pictures (from the time when you were still dating, wedding, and after you are married).

Proof of employment from employer stating your position and annual salary (original).

Pay stubs (the last 3-6 months, copies are fine).

Proofs of assets (home ownership, 401k account, etc. Copies are fine).

Complete copy of the package(s) you sent to USCIS from the US (the consul made a very positive comment when he saw that I had the identical copy of the I-29F package... so it's a good sign).

If you or your spouse was married before, make sure you have certified copy of your divorce decree. The lady I met who came for K-3 interview was grilled during the interview because she couldn't bring solid proof of her divorce. They asked her to come back again. You surely don't want this to happen.

I also brought copy of my husband's (then fiance) passports as proof that he came to visit me, and certified copy of his birth certificate (the consul didn't ask for all of these, but we thought it would be wise to prepare because we read on VJ that different consulates asked for them).

Hope this helps. Best of luck! :)

Thank you so very much, but I think I will eliminate the proof of my employments and pay stubs and proof of assests, I had to prepare that kind of documents when I was applying for my tourist visa to Australia and it was required for number of revelant reason. I am going to stick with what mentioned in the email from the consulate about the document preparations list. I dont want to make it too complicated and confusing, since it is K3 Visa, not K1.

God bless :) :)

Timeline

In general the questions are simple. They are not the same for a K 1 type visa. Your proof of relationship is your marrage rather than pictures ect required for K 1 types.

Ours was a K 3 as well. How did you meet? how long have you been married? Children? Where will you be living in the USA? Questions anyone starting a new life together can easily answer.

Other than that just comply with the Packet 3 instructions & you will have no problem.

How long is the interview? Thats a product of your ability to answer the questions & how many they ask. Our was 10 minutes but it wasnt in Jakarta.

Great insight, Thank you so much. I'm very much agree with you, it's really making sense to me (that's probably why the consulate didn't mentioned about proof of relationship in the document list, because we've passed that process when we sent the petition to the USCIS).

Im going to bring some pictures of me and my husband, affidavits of ongoing marriage relationships, copy of our emails, other proof of our communication, and we also filling our tax together this year, so that can be another extra documents.

Tell me what do you think about that... again, thank you.

God Bless.

Timeline

Err... what I meant was proof of employment and pay stubs of the USC, not of the foreign spouse. The consul took those documents from me (and also the lady who came for K-3 that I met) during document screening (prior to interview). It's part of proofs for the affidavit of support (I think K-1 and K-3 has the same affidavit of support?). But it's your choice though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so very much, but I think I will eliminate the proof of my employments and pay stubs and proof of assests, I had to prepare that kind of documents when I was applying for my tourist visa to Australia and it was required for number of revelant reason. I am going to stick with what mentioned in the email from the consulate about the document preparations list. I dont want to make it too complicated and confusing, since it is K3 Visa, not K1.

God bless :) :)

Timeline:

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

01-05-09 RFE received

Timeline

Great insight, Thank you so much. I'm very much agree with you, it's really making sense to me (that's probably why the consulate didn't mentioned about proof of relationship in the document list, because we've passed that process when we sent the petition to the USCIS).

Im going to bring some pictures of me and my husband, affidavits of ongoing marriage relationships, copy of our emails, other proof of our communication, and we also filling our tax together this year, so that can be another extra documents.

God Bless.

The fact that you are married is enough proof of relationship along with anything that indicates you have been together in person or in spirt. These officers do this many times & know the difference in lies & truths. Your approach to this will result in success.

You are well prepared for what will come & should have no problem.

Timeline

God Bless.

The fact that you are married is enough proof of relationship along with anything that indicates you have been together in person or in spirt. These officers do this many times & know the difference in lies & truths. Your approach to this will result in success.

You are well prepared for what will come & should have no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

They did not ask much in jakarta. "Have you even been to the US" (no) "What does your husband do there", "Have you ever met your husband's family" (talked to them etc but never met in person) My wife had a lot of ####### with her (a whole case of it) but they didn't ask to see any of it. They said come back the day after tomorrow and pick up your passport.

That means bring lots of stuff, you never know, but in our case it took all of 5-10 minutes and she was outa there.

Hello my VJ family

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.