together2love

Sending more that just RFE back?

14 posts in this topic

Hi Folks!

My fiance (US citizen) only put in his short version of his Birth Certificate (and no passport pages) when he filed our I-129F back in April. After sending it, he realized that he would be getting an RFE eventually cause his parents names are not on this BC. So, I am wondering since we will be getting an RFE from CSC already for the IMBRA situation, if - when we fill out the IMBRA RFE - if we can also send with it a copy of his long form BC? I know it isn't actually asked for in the RFE, but we can guarentee that they will just send us ANOTHER RFE later on in the game to request the long form BC. It would probably save ALOT of time if we just sent it along with the 1st RFE and at least we would know that it would surely get to our file and not just get lost in the system.

What do you guys think? Hope everyone can understand my drawn out question :whistle:

THanks!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Hi Folks!

My fiance (US citizen) only put in his short version of his Birth Certificate (and no passport pages) when he filed our I-129F back in April. After sending it, he realized that he would be getting an RFE eventually cause his parents names are not on this BC. So, I am wondering since we will be getting an RFE from CSC already for the IMBRA situation, if - when we fill out the IMBRA RFE - if we can also send with it a copy of his long form BC? I know it isn't actually asked for in the RFE, but we can guarentee that they will just send us ANOTHER RFE later on in the game to request the long form BC. It would probably save ALOT of time if we just sent it along with the 1st RFE and at least we would know that it would surely get to our file and not just get lost in the system.

What do you guys think? Hope everyone can understand my drawn out question :whistle:

THanks!

Well, the worse that will happen it the un-solicited BC is thrown away and you get a RFE anyway. Give it a shot!

i agree with gary. it really isnt a bad idea if you will be expecting another RFE for the birth certificate anyways. what's the worse that could happen right? i'd send it, at least i know they have a copy already but i would also keep another copy of the b/c just in case they ask for it again... that is, worst case scenario :)

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

If you're going to give it a shot, ensure to make note of the reason you are submitting the BC when it wasnt requested with this RFE.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

If you're going to give it a shot, ensure to make note of the reason you are submitting the BC when it wasnt requested with this RFE.

So then would the reasoning be to prove his American citizenship since the BC he originally sent with our I-129F may not be sufficient? This would supplement this short version of this BC already in the file? Yikes, wording may be everything hey?

K1 Journey:

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

ROC Journey:

February 18/09 NOA1

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Timeline

together2love,

You haven't received any RFE yet, but you already know that you will receive two and what the first one will and will not ask for?

Yodrak

Hi Folks!

My fiance (US citizen) only put in his short version of his Birth Certificate (and no passport pages) when he filed our I-129F back in April. After sending it, he realized that he would be getting an RFE eventually cause his parents names are not on this BC. So, I am wondering since we will be getting an RFE from CSC already for the IMBRA situation, if - when we fill out the IMBRA RFE - if we can also send with it a copy of his long form BC? I know it isn't actually asked for in the RFE, but we can guarentee that they will just send us ANOTHER RFE later on in the game to request the long form BC. ...

together2love,

You haven't received any RFE yet, but you already know that you will receive two and what the first one will and will not ask for?

Yodrak

Hi Folks!

You have brought up a good point. But, has anyone ever gotten more than one RFE while filing for a I-129F before? I am just thinking in the chance that we may receive an RFE for IMBRA, and they have not looked through the rest of our file to notice a long form BC will be needed, that we might save some time by just adding it in to the 1st RFE to save time. Of course, then has anyone heard of a I-129F petition being approved without having a birth certificate with the petitioner's parents names (ie. long form BC) or all passport pages being submitted?

K1 Journey:

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

ROC Journey:

February 18/09 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
=Of course, then has anyone heard of a I-129F petition being approved without having a birth certificate with the petitioner's parents names (ie. long form BC) or all passport pages being submitted?

We only submitted the picture pages of the passports for I-129F and were approved.

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: Timeline

together2love,

I have heard of the USCIS sending a single RFE covering all of the deficiencies in the petition package.

While USCIS folk aren't as stupid as some people like to make them out be they are as lazy as the rest of use and sending 2 RFEs is more work than sending one.

You may receive 2 RFEs, worry about that when you get the first one and know for sure what you have to deal with.

Yodrak

together2love,

Yodrak

Hi Folks!

You have brought up a good point. But, has anyone ever gotten more than one RFE while filing for a I-129F before? I am just thinking in the chance that we may receive an RFE for IMBRA, and they have not looked through the rest of our file to notice a long form BC will be needed, that we might save some time by just adding it in to the 1st RFE to save time. Of course, then has anyone heard of a I-129F petition being approved without having a birth certificate with the petitioner's parents names (ie. long form BC) or all passport pages being submitted?

Edited by Yodrak

The RFE's being sent are only to be compliant with the IMBRA for the initial petition, so I imagine that second RFE's will be sent once the petitions are processed and any missing/incorrect documents, information etc is found. By the OP wanting to use this opportunity with this RFE (for IMBRA) to submit something he feels may get him a further RFE once the petition begins processing is not such a bad idea, especially considering that it will be returned attached to his case.

Lorelle

together2love,

I have heard of the USCIS sending a single RFE covering all of the deficiencies in the petition package.

While USCIS folk aren't as stupid as some people like to make them out be they are as lazy as the rest of use and sending 2 RFEs is more work than sending one.

You may receive 2 RFEs, worry about that when you get the first one and know for sure what you have to deal with.

Yodrak

together2love,

Yodrak

Hi Folks!

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I'm doing something similar too, I feel there's a strong piece of evidence that's really going to help my case so I will make photocopies and pop that along too.

With sending out so many RFEs I imagine they are just shooting them out rather than tailoring one to every individual at the moment.

Since the new form is being added to your file I can't see why they won't stick new evidence in as well

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

If it happens that the RFE sent will be just regarding IMBRA, then I think I might just take the chance of sending the BC with it. I will send along a note as to why ithe BC is attached to the IMBRA RFE and hope they keep it in my file :wacko:

K1 Journey:

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

ROC Journey:

February 18/09 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question... I thought that the"long" birth certificate was only for the foreign fiance and that the USC could just send in short BC... or passport. Can someone confirm this? It doesn't say long version of BC anywhere on the I-129f? I'm sending the K-1 next week and want to make sure we have everything right!

Thanks

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.