KiminON

What am I forgetting?

120 posts in this topic

Oreo cookie crumbs - I couldn't find any in 5 stores at Christmas in California. I was making chocolate cheese cake and have always used the crumbs in the box and for 'dirt and worms" but had to buy the regular chocolate wafers at 6.00 a box and use the rolling pin to turn them into crumbs. I am going to pack a few boxes of the cookie crumbs before I head south.

Janet

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found a store on Amazon.com that does sell certain things like Coffee Crisp, Smarties, and Tim Hortons coffee. It's extremely pricey compared to what we'd pay in Canada, but I may just have to order sometime when I'm homesick or desperate:

only-in-canada

Also, according to the Tim Hortons website, "U.S. and International shipping [is] coming soon"!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait... You can't get sour cherry blasters in the US? This is terrible, terrible news... They are my most favorite candy ever!!

I found out recently that I can't get my favorite skin care line in Colorado... Vichy. I need Vichy, it keeps my skin so soft and flawless :o

Filed: Other Timeline
I found a store on Amazon.com that does sell certain things like Coffee Crisp, Smarties, and Tim Hortons coffee. It's extremely pricey compared to what we'd pay in Canada, but I may just have to order sometime when I'm homesick or desperate:

only-in-canada

Also, according to the Tim Hortons website, "U.S. and International shipping [is] coming soon"!

Canadian Favourites likely has a larger selection than Amazon.

My Mummy is bringing me some bacon next week! :dance: Woo Hoo! :dance:

And GUK too! :D

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

only-in-canada

OMG I love me some guk, I'm going to Licks for lunch today and gonna smother my nature in guk and dip my fries in it too!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

only-in-canada

Yay, that's much better. Thanks for the link!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have yet to taste Tim Hortons in the USA that tastes the same as in Canada.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I have yet to taste Tim Hortons in the USA that tastes the same as in Canada.

I totally agree. Man this thread makes me home sick. :( I want a coffee crisp! P.S. What's so good about HFCS anywho?? It's in everything.

Adjustment of Status 2008

May 6, 2008 ~~~~~~~ I751 package mailed to Vermont

May 17, 2008 ~~~~~~~~Check Cashed

May 19, 2008 ~~~~~~~~ NOA1

June 20, 2008 ~~~~~~~ Fingerprinting appointment

April 1, 2009 ~~~~~~~~ APPROVED!!!!

K-1 Visa

October 11, 2005 ~~~~~ Mailed I129F (Vermont)

October 25, 2005 ~~~~~ NOA2 in email (yay)

February 8, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview Day! APPROVED!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

March 27, 2006 ~~~~~~ Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to Chicago

March 29, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS, EAD, AP arrives at Chicago Lockbox

March 31, 2006 ~~~~~~~ NOA's for all 3

April 18, 2006 ~~~~~~ Biometrics Appointment in Providence

May 15, 2006 ~~~~~~ RFE in the mail-more financial info

May 26, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS touched

June 19, 2006 ~~~~~ EAD Card in the mail

July 27, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview for Green Card

Timeline

So my Dad's coming down for a visit this week and bringing me a supply of HP sauce, Habitant pea soup and old cheddar cheese from the Wilton Cheese Factory - what cheese is supposed to taste like rather than the stuff you get here that barely earns the name. I still have a tin of Tim Horton's from my Christmas gift so don't need coffee but am trying to think if there is anything else he needs to bring that I haven't found a substitute for here. Hehehe, I don't like ketchup potato chips so I'm good there!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
So my Dad's coming down for a visit this week and bringing me a supply of HP sauce, Habitant pea soup and old cheddar cheese from the Wilton Cheese Factory - what cheese is supposed to taste like rather than the stuff you get here that barely earns the name. I still have a tin of Tim Horton's from my Christmas gift so don't need coffee but am trying to think if there is anything else he needs to bring that I haven't found a substitute for here. Hehehe, I don't like ketchup potato chips so I'm good there!

mmm. I love wilton cheese. Now I'm going to have to run up to the factory this week, thanks :P gotta get me some nice salsa curds.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Yeah, Wilton's cheese is absolutely wonderful! I remember a number of years ago their cheesemaker died and they closed for 3 years before they were able to get another cheesemaker. When they re-opened they had a special on this absolutely incredible 9 year old cheddar - some of the best cheese I have ever tasted! Of course, they had stock for 2 or 3 years then ran out. I think 6 years old is their oldest now. Compare that to the US where they brag on their old cheddar that it is 6 months old! Geeze - that barely qualifies as new cheese and no where near old or aged. Do you ever visit Wilton pottery when you go to the Cheese Factory? I love their stuff as well although it is pricey to afford.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline
Yeah, Wilton's cheese is absolutely wonderful! I remember a number of years ago their cheesemaker died and they closed for 3 years before they were able to get another cheesemaker. When they re-opened they had a special on this absolutely incredible 9 year old cheddar - some of the best cheese I have ever tasted! Of course, they had stock for 2 or 3 years then ran out. I think 6 years old is their oldest now. Compare that to the US where they brag on their old cheddar that it is 6 months old! Geeze - that barely qualifies as new cheese and no where near old or aged. Do you ever visit Wilton pottery when you go to the Cheese Factory? I love their stuff as well although it is pricey to afford.

Is this cheese factory in the Kingston area? I need to stop there next time on my way to Montreal. I LOVE CHEESE!! Tonight I had this garlic and dill cheese ball spread on crackers, to die for.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Yes - it is just east of Kingston. You can get off at the Odessa exit on 401 and head south to Wilton - a really small rural community. They have fresh curds still warm from the pans - oh yum! Here is a link: http://www.wiltoncheese.com/

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline
Yes - it is just east of Kingston. You can get off at the Odessa exit on 401 and head south to Wilton - a really small rural community. They have fresh curds still warm from the pans - oh yum! Here is a link: http://www.wiltoncheese.com/

Ohhh eeee thank you!! MMMM fresh curds, perfect for poutine :D

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.