totoro

This is so painful~

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I just registered today but I have visited this forum very frequently. I am a June filer and have been transferred to California from Vermont on February 11th. I have been anxiously waiting for the mail for over two weeks but I still have not received anything. As you all know, waiting is unbearably painful. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is in the same situation.

Hi, I just registered today but I have visited this forum very frequently. I am a June filer and have been transferred to California from Vermont on February 11th. I have been anxiously waiting for the mail for over two weeks but I still have not received anything. As you all know, waiting is unbearably painful. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is in the same situation.

Hi, I'm in the same situation. My RD is June 23. Seeing everybody got the reply from USCIS and I didn't receive anything yet is very painful. Hope we will have a good news this week.

Hi, I'm in the same situation. My RD is June 23. Seeing everybody got the reply from USCIS and I didn't receive anything yet is very painful. Hope we will have a good news this week.

Thank you for replying. I wish you good luck as well.

First, if you have time, please fill in your timeline on signature, so we know where/when you're referring to. Thanks!

Second, all people that were transferred from VSC to CSC on 2/11/09 that got approved, they never received e-mail, they all got snail mail and that envelope address said "Vermont". Just when I thought wannabe_texan was the last one in that 2/11/09 group, now there is you newbie totoro. Well... I suggest you can call the 1800 number to check the status, it doesn't hurt to try and better than painfully waiting/"hang dry". May be they mailed out the approval letter but just haven't reach your mail box yet, so why don't you try calling USCIS, may be there is good new waiting for you.

Good Luck! :star:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

First, if you have time, please fill in your timeline on signature, so we know where/when you're referring to. Thanks!

Second, all people that were transferred from VSC to CSC on 2/11/09 that got approved, they never received e-mail, they all got snail mail and that envelope address said "Vermont". Just when I thought wannabe_texan was the last one in that 2/11/09 group, now there is you newbie totoro. Well... I suggest you can call the 1800 number to check the status, it doesn't hurt to try and better than painfully waiting/"hang dry". May be they mailed out the approval letter but just haven't reach your mail box yet, so why don't you try calling USCIS, may be there is good new waiting for you.

Hi, I called already (1-800-375-5283) but I only heard the machine state the same thing I found on-line- that it is on a pending status. Thank you.

My Timeline

6/4 mailed package

6/5 RD

6/10 NOA

7/21 BIO

2/11 Touched(VSC-CSC)

2/12 Touched

2/20 Touched

Hi, I called already (1-800-375-5283) but I only heard the machine state the same thing I found on-line- that it is on a pending status. Thank you.

My Timeline

6/4 mailed package

6/5 RD

6/10 NOA

7/21 BIO

2/11 Touched(VSC-CSC)

2/12 Touched

2/20 Touched

Ah! Sorry! I wasn't so clear on my previous post. I meant you can call and talk to a live person and ask them the status. People said it might not help, but doesn't hurt to try since the online and phone record are going to say the same thing. People received snail approval mail, their status still hasn't change online. You can call that number, then option 1 (English), option 2 (check status), option 3 (lost receipt number) to talk to a live person.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Yeah almost all cases transfered on Feb 11, 2009 and joined this forum are approved already except a couple ppl, one of them were transfered to the local office for an interview and another one who still waiting. Hopefully you should hear something this week, otherwise try to call them and ask about your case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Keep checking your mail box- I wouldn't be surprised if you got something in the next day or two! Good luck- I know it is very painful and difficult waiting. We've only been waiting about 7 months (RD 8/5/08) but as I see more and more of the VSC/CSC transfers getting approved, I'm getting more and more anxious as well! Citizenship next in late June, then we're off this crazy roller coaster!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Thank you so much everyone. I called the 1-800 number and talked to a person. He told me that if I didn't receive the letter before my extension letter expired before 30 days, I should call Infopass. That was the only thing he said he could tell me. Still, thanks everyone and keep hope!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thank you so much everyone. I called the 1-800 number and talked to a person. He told me that if I didn't receive the letter before my extension letter expired before 30 days, I should call Infopass. That was the only thing he said he could tell me. Still, thanks everyone and keep hope!

We were all prepared for that infopass trip to remain here legally, but was told two weeks, not 30 days, the ten year cards came in 21 days before the expiration, yes it's stressful, but we would have had to make that long trip if the cards didn't come in, you have to stay legal. Maybe that call will wake somebody up.

Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good Luck,

This is a very long process and we are here to go

thru this together. Stay strong

keep in touch let me know how it is going

ExoS.jpg.png

Marriage : 2007-11-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-07-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-30

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-05

NVC Received : 2009-01-07

NVC Completed: 2009-09-16

NO Interview date as of yet: 2009-11-17

NO Interview date as of yet: 2009-12-20

NO Interview date as of yet: 2010-01-17

NO Interview date as of yet: 2010-02-12

GOD be with all of you !!!!!!

Keep the faith and know one day you will be together........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Between the AOS, I-751, and the N-400, the I-751 was the worse phase, learning about problems our friends had, elected to send the I-751 overnight with a returned receipt, used a personal check and with this electronic banking, watched for that check and made copies of it as proof that we did send this application. USCIS can say they never received it, but was relieved when the NOA and the biometrics appointment came in, those became valuable papers especially the stamped biometrics that promptly went into my I-751 folder stored in my fire proof safe. Heck, I just sent the N-400 first class mail, and that moved three times faster than the I-751, was wondering if the USCIS took exception to having to sign for the I-751 package.

But they are concerned about fraud and you are very guilty of it, until you prove yourself innocent. And all this proof is in pieces of paper, so have to send a lot of pieces of paper.

But they were equally concerned about fraud during the AOS interview, didn't have very much evidence back then, couldn't with those crazy APA laws only my senator didn't vote for because he read them, that lead me to read them as well. But guess they wanted to see us as a family, no such interview with the I-751. In like manner, the N-400 was crazy, I took my wife in and her IO wouldn't even turn her head to look at me nor shake my extened hand, all she wanted to see was papers. We applied with the marriage privilage and the vast majority of my wife's interview dealt with papers as proof that we were married.

On the very basis of fraud, as the sponsoring USC, if my wife was using me to come to this country, no one would have been hurt more than me, not only federal laws, but some very stiff divorce laws in our state, she could have cleaned me out, then the burden of that I-864. And the USCIS laws are not designed to protect the sponsoring USC, but hang him instead.

And just looking at the wording in the I-751 tells me the sponsoring USC can be hanged, all a fradulent woman has to do is to cry like a baby in a court of law and say they you beat her and remain here while she cleans you out.

That wasn't my problem, wife and I are soulmates and feel our meeting was nothing short of a miracle, but being old fashion where the man has to protect his family, this was my family at stake, so I did all the screaming, but in contrast, they wanted my wife to make the inquiries.

A very stupid system if you ask me, but is the law, and not a very intelligent law at that. Still never been able to find any data if the I-751 system is detecting fraud. This all started in 1986 when severe limits on immigration were imposed leaving marriage as the only outlet with many claimed fraud cases. I was interested in the history. Besides doing more careful background checks they were NOT doing when this started, in 1988 they started the I-751 system. But as you can see, a fradulent immigrant can still screw a USC by the very nature of that form, and as a USC can not only become a victim of this fraud, but a victim of the USCIS as well.

I wrote both my senator and congressman on these points, as the USCIS says they do not make the laws, our congress does, they just follow them. Neither were aware of these laws, stated I made some very good points, but as usual, didn't do anything about it. Too many USC are washing Britney or the superbowl and not paying attention to what's going on in this country, I blame them more than anyone for our problems today.

DO NOT WORRY , VCS IS PROCESSING ON MARCH/APRIL. YOU ARE GOOD.

MY GREEN CARD WAS EXPRIRE 2/2009. I TOOK INFOPASS AND 10 YEAR GREEN CARD JUST DELIVERED 3/2009.

CAN YOU BELEIVE IT? IT TOOK ME 13 MONTHS AND 10DAYS

Awe....well, just keep patient, you will hear something soon enough!

Good luck!

I-751

Been a Conditional Resident Since March, 2007

03/09/2009 - Used USPS Express Overnight Mail to mail my package to VSC

03/11/2009 - USPS Confirms delivery of my package to VSC, Signed by D Renault

03/12/2009 - Notice of Receipt Date

03/14/2009 - 2 Yr Conditional Green Card Expired - Waiting for NOA with One Year Extension

03/21/2009 - Received Notice in Mail with One Year Extension

03/25/2009 - Biometrics Notice Date

03/30/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for 04/08/2009

04/08/2009 - Completed Biometrics

04/09/2009 - Touched............Now the wait begins..........Still waiting.....

08/21/2009 - Received letter of approval in the mail!!! Oh happy day!! Dated 08/17/2009

09/20/2009 - Received 10 Year Green Card...Woohoo!!!

12/14/2009 - Eligible to File for Naturalization

Naturalization Journey Begins:

05/14/2010 - Used USPS Express Mail to mail my package to Lewisville, TX

05/24/2010 - Notice of Receipt Date

05/26/2010 - USCIS confirms Acceptance via sms and email

06/14/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for 07/01/2010

06/29/2010 - Completed Biometrics - Walk in

08/02/2010 - Got Yellow Letter

08/09/2010 - Got Interview Letter Scheduled for 09/08/2010

09/08/2010 - Interview Date.....

09/08/2010 - Approved!!! Same Day Oath!!!!

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.