HaPPyFeEt

list of proofs for bonafide marriege.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello earthlinks....

I thought of listing down proofs that my hubby and live under one roof so that when our interview comes we are atleast prepared for it.If you have

any thoughts or additional infos....by all means....

1- Rental lease (with both our names plus 2 couples who shares with us)

2.Electric Bill (both our names)

3.Gas Bill-(under my name only. The company wont let us have both our names in the bill)

4AT&T wireless & Internet Bill(both our wireless numbers are in the bill but only his name with our address.at&t said they cant include my name in our bills. It has to be either one of us only)

5.Some recpts we both like our bed when we first purchased it.

6.Affidavit from 2 people we know( this will be prepared once we have an interview date.

7.I am his benificiary in his life insurance at work.( we will try to get a copy or a letter from his job )

Ok I know most of you will say we need a JOINT BANK ACCOUNT and JOINT HEALTH INSURNCE

Well, for our health insurance, my hubby cancelled health insurance from work and isntead we are planning to get some other insurance soon. Any advise? We are hoping for something affordable. The insurance that they offer in his work is too expensive.

And as for JOINT BANK ACCOUNT, we both have our separate account with the same address. Hubby filed for bankruptcy last year and we thought that if anyone does a credit check, it will be complicated for both of us. Instead we are working on his credit now. Well he never wanted to file for it.....He had no choice. His friend died in a car accident using hubby car. and yes it was an expensive car. No one wanted this to happen =(

We are assuming we're getting our first recpt this week. We sent our package on the 13th of this month. And according to UPS they recieved our papers on the 17th. The check was not encashed yet.

US Entry: Flying to US, POE JFk- 27/11/08

Married on: FEBRUARY 10.2009 - Finally =D

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed on: March 13 2009- Chicago Lockbox

Recieved our pckge: March 17 2009

Check cashed: March 24 2009

NOA for AOS,EAD&AP: March 25 2009(Rcpt dated March 23 2009)

Biometrics: April 10, 2009

AP Recieved: May 15, 2009

EAD Card Rcvd: May 22, 2009

Interview: June 05, 2009approved!

Rcvd GC: July 02,2009

Timeline
Hello earthlinks....

I thought of listing down proofs that my hubby and live under one roof so that when our interview comes we are atleast prepared for it.If you have

3.Gas Bill-(under my name only. The company wont let us have both our names in the bill)

4AT&T wireless & Internet Bill(both our wireless numbers are in the bill but only his name with our address.at&t said they cant include my name in our bills. It has to be either one of us only)

6.Affidavit from 2 people we know( this will be prepared once we have an interview date.

7.I am his benificiary in his life insurance at work.( we will try to get a copy or a letter from his job )

Ok I know most of you will say we need a JOINT BANK ACCOUNT and JOINT HEALTH INSURNCE

Well, for our health insurance, my hubby cancelled health insurance from work and isntead we are planning to get some other insurance soon. Any advise? We are hoping for something affordable. The insurance that they offer in his work is too expensive.

And as for JOINT BANK ACCOUNT, we both have our separate account with the same address. Hubby filed for bankruptcy last year and we thought that if anyone does a credit check, it will be complicated for both of us. Instead we are working on his credit now. Well he never wanted to file for it.....He had no choice. His friend died in a car accident using hubby car. and yes it was an expensive car. No one wanted this to happen =(

We are assuming we're getting our first recpt this week. We sent our package on the 13th of this month. And according to UPS they recieved our papers on the 17th. The check was not encashed yet.

I forgot to mention. he is above the poverty line.So we didnt get nay co sponsors.

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there! I am pretty much in the same stage you are in, prepping everything for the upcoming interview. But from what I've heard, pictures are very important. Bring lot's of them showing the 2 of you together. Trips, family occasions, holidays, etc. In my case, we do not have joint bank accounts or any bills with both our names, but we do have the health insurance and the lease. I went a little overboard in the affidavit department, I think I have over 20 of them from friends my husband has known for years. But in any case, gather lot's of pictures and photo albums. I have a feeling the rest is pretty subjective and differs from one situation to the next.

Good luck!

MY Conditions Removal Timeline:

CIS Office: California

2011-05-16: Date Filed

2011-05-17: NOA Date

2011-06-14: Bio. Appt.

2011-09-21: Email confirming approval

2011-09-26: GC Received ツ

MY AOS Timeline:

2008-11-05: Date Filed

2008-11-14: NOA Date

2009-01-26: Bio. Appt.

2009-05-07: Interview Date

2009-05-14: RFE Received

2009-06-03: RFE Returned

2009-07-27: GC Received

Timeline
Hey there! I am pretty much in the same stage you are in, prepping everything for the upcoming interview. But from what I've heard, pictures are very important. Bring lot's of them showing the 2 of you together. Trips, family occasions, holidays, etc. In my case, we do not have joint bank accounts or any bills with both our names, but we do have the health insurance and the lease. I went a little overboard in the affidavit department, I think I have over 20 of them from friends my husband has known for years. But in any case, gather lot's of pictures and photo albums. I have a feeling the rest is pretty subjective and differs from one situation to the next.

Good luck!

Oh oh...pictures..yes thanks...I got lots of them. Pictures wirh our common friends and family. trips and also our wedding pics.=P

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Having a joint bank account at your local bank has nothing to do with your credit, correct me if I am wrong

Second I would send some tax transcript, call the IRS and have them fax them to you... this is one of the good evidence

did the spouse change name? any common credit cards? SAM's Club membership? Christmas or Hanukkah greeting cards :rofl:

I WILL SAY IT LIKE IT IS, DO NOT TAKE MY COMMENTS PERSONALLY

Timeline
Having a joint bank account at your local bank has nothing to do with your credit, correct me if I am wrong

Second I would send some tax transcript, call the IRS and have them fax them to you... this is one of the good evidence

did the spouse change name? any common credit cards? SAM's Club membership? Christmas or Hanukkah greeting cards :rofl:

Well we are not 100% certain about the credit and joint account. But most of the bank representative said that it would be an issue.So why take the risk.

and for the tax trasncript. Hubby filed for tax last month only as single. And i filed too since I got a 1099 for my first check (2weeks pay for December) funny though...heheh im getting a $ 2 refund....good enough to buy hubby ice cream..lol

i havent changed my name yet becuase I cant go to SSN and change it too...my I-94 is already expired. I dont think they would accomodate my request.

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Timeline

Well we are not 100% certain about the credit and joint account. But most of the bank representative said that it would be an issue.So why take the risk.

and for the tax trasncript. Hubby filed for tax last month only as single. And i filed too since I got a 1099 for my first check (2weeks pay for December) funny though...heheh im getting a $ 2 refund....good enough to buy hubby ice cream..lol

i havent changed my name yet becuase I cant go to SSN and change it too...my I-94 is already expired. I dont think they would accomodate my request.

Oh let me add also, that we cant apply for credit cards. First is because hubby has bad credit.Second they wont approve any of my request (even at macys) becuase I dont have any credit records yet....

We do have wedding cards and birthday cards from friends.

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

just a suggestion and saw it from other threads, recent mails on either both names with y'all address.

and regarding the ATT, we're also using ATT for our cellphones, Internet, and home phone and those bills are all under both of our name so it was a fat lie that they can't do that to you.

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello earthlinks....

All good stuff. We also brought correspondence from our son's school addressing both of us as "parents" and the envelopes with our address, Christmas cards from family to both of us, you name it. We never had to show any of it. Sat there with it on my lap and took it out when we left.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
just a suggestion and saw it from other threads, recent mails on either both names with y'all address.

and regarding the ATT, we're also using ATT for our cellphones, Internet, and home phone and those bills are all under both of our name so it was a fat lie that they can't do that to you.

While Im reading your reply Im on the phone calling AT&T....grrrrr..we called them twice and said they would only let me be like an authorzie user. So they cant print my name on the wireless bill....ITS CRAZY!! Wht did you do to make sure you both have your name on the bills??

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.