angela920

Do you find this irritating?

57 posts in this topic

Yes for me it is irritating and imbarassing.. specially when they asked that quistion direct to my husband, kc ayaw ko naman isipin ng husband ko na ng ha-haunting tayo ng americano :rofl::rofl::rofl: . I was like.. HELLLLOOOOO ! OK ka lang ?!?!??? What do u think about us BUGAW ? That is too little despirate of u. kadiri diba ? hahahaha. Have a little shame in ur self girl. :bonk:

I don't find it pimping, gross and a desperate act for Pilipinas who wanted to hook up with American guys. I find it romantic. My husband is open-minded about it. As long as they are both consenting adults, why not? If the American guy has ulterior motive or has an ax to grind, that is a horse of a different color girl! Where is your hopeless romantic side? :dance:

:huh: My hopeless romantic side ?hhmmm.... I think i still have it. But finding a "GUY" here in U.S to hook up with other filipina or friends back in philippines is not part of my hopeless romantic side lol. Was just being sarcastic about the word being "bugaw" coz like i said, for me its annoying and i felt imbarassment when they asked "find me a guy" in states with their tone of begging of some of them infront of my asawa. And it's not about my husband not being open-minded coz he dont really care about it, but that just me being filipina.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes for me it is irritating and imbarassing.. specially when they asked that quistion direct to my husband, kc ayaw ko naman isipin ng husband ko na ng ha-haunting tayo ng americano :rofl::rofl::rofl: . I was like.. HELLLLOOOOO ! OK ka lang ?!?!??? What do u think about us BUGAW ? That is too little despirate of u. kadiri diba ? hahahaha. Have a little shame in ur self girl. :bonk:

I don't find it pimping, gross and a desperate act for Pilipinas who wanted to hook up with American guys. I find it romantic. My husband is open-minded about it. As long as they are both consenting adults, why not? If the American guy has ulterior motive or has an ax to grind, that is a horse of a different color girl! Where is your hopeless romantic side? :dance:

:huh: My hopeless romantic side ?hhmmm.... I think i still have it. But finding a "GUY" here in U.S to hook up with other filipina or friends back in philippines is not part of my hopeless romantic side lol. Was just being sarcastic about the word being "bugaw" coz like i said, for me its annoying and i felt imbarassment when they asked "find me a guy" in states with their tone of begging of some of them infront of my asawa. And it's not about my husband not being open-minded coz he dont really care about it, but that just me being filipina.

Too bad you don't have a hopeless romantic side in you because I do. I don't find it irritating and embarrassing either. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. There is no accounting for taste I guess. Just my humble opinion.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Too bad you don't have a hopeless romantic side in you because I do. I don't find it irritating and embarrassing either. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. There is no accounting for taste I guess. Just my humble opinion.

Ok..... :huh:

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

[/size]

In a bar with john:

Me: Hon, can u wait for me a second here ?

John: Why what u ganna do honey ?

Me: Oh, there is another guy sitting in a bar i'm going there and talk to him for a'while.

John: Why ? :huh:

Me: Dont worry honey i just gonna ask him if his single and available and ask his e-mail ID so i can hook him up with my friend in phils.

John: DUMBASS !

Out with john's friends:

Me: Hi les.. Do u wanna meet some filipina like me?

Les: Juvy are u allright ?

Me: Yeah ! Just asking... just in case ur tired of ur marriage with ur american wife now and divorce her if u going to like my friend.

............. Just trying to imagine some scenario here how to be a hopelessly romantic. :rofl:

SzIKm4.png

I really don't think this is bad nor irritating, my husband and I met thru mutual friends United States and RP.... I thank God for that ! :) See we are in our 30's and we were both still single , no kids , etc etc and we fell in love. I feel as u get a little older, hey why not take the chance? Put urself out there, don't be scared! I think it is a good idea why not, even though cultural differences and adjusting are still difficult all that matters is LOVE !

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe its just me but it really really turns me off when they ask me. Sometimes i don't know how to reply. Usually if its ym I just stop answering but if its in person... really caught me off guard. I don't want to be rude but sometimes when i'm not in the mood i really shove them off and act so mean. I guess I'm too serious :o My husband doesn't like it too and said it gives some Filipina a bad name. Like what would their intention be? If its for money or love... we wouldn't really know right? I just don't want to take the risk and be blamed afterwards. One wrong move by a Filipina could easily be judged by the entire world. Sad but it is true. Not all people are open-minded.

Maybe its just me but it really really turns me off when they ask me. Sometimes i don't know how to reply. Usually if its ym I just stop answering but if its in person... really caught me off guard. I don't want to be rude but sometimes when i'm not in the mood i really shove them off and act so mean. I guess I'm too serious :o My husband doesn't like it too and said it gives some Filipina a bad name. Like what would their intention be? If its for money or love... we wouldn't really know right? I just don't want to take the risk and be blamed afterwards. One wrong move by a Filipina could easily be judged by the entire world. Sad but it is true. Not all people are open-minded.

exactly what i was thinking. i don't want to be accused of conspiracy if the relationship turns out to be a fraud. it could be romantic all right but i'm not going out of my way to play cupid for people who have not seen each other. if they're meant to be together, then there will be other ways. :star:

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

hello again to my fellow visajourney goers! Hope you are all ok and happy with your loved ones! I know it's hard to be separated but I hope for those who are still waiting for their visas, you'll get it soon! Just always be positive :)

Anyways, I just one question and need your opinion about this. Do you guys find it so irritating (or seems not right) when your fellow Pinays ask you this "uy hanap mo naman ako ng papa dyan... or sino ang irereto mo sa akin dyan?" -translation- (hey, could you find me a lover there? or do you have somebody who you can introduce me to?" It really turns me off when my friends,so-called friends or even just somebody i worked with at the office ask me those. It seems for me that they only want a ticket to go to the USA. Sounds like it for me... but this is just my opinion. I might be getting paranoid too from not having enough sleep. lol No pms yet! Can't help but to think.. can't you find your own man? :bonk:

Just want to know your opinion about this kind of attitude.

hook them up with this

link

Damn Charles... You did it again! LMAO.. :rofl:

[/size]

In a bar with john:

Me: Hon, can u wait for me a second here ?

John: Why what u ganna do honey ?

Me: Oh, there is another guy sitting in a bar i'm going there and talk to him for a'while.

John: Why ? :huh:

Me: Dont worry honey i just gonna ask him if his single and available and ask his e-mail ID so i can hook him up with my friend in phils.

John: DUMBASS !

Out with john's friends:

Me: Hi les.. Do u wanna meet some filipina like me?

Les: Juvy are u allright ?

Me: Yeah ! Just asking... just in case ur tired of ur marriage with ur american wife now and divorce her if u going to like my friend.

............. Just trying to imagine some scenario here how to be a hopelessly romantic. :rofl:

Oh dear! I think you went a little overboard this time. That is not what I have in mind about being hopeless romantic. What I was trying to imply is that this American guy, who happened to be a department manager that time (and now's the assistant manager), likes Filipinas because they are sweet, smart and good looking :blush: He was the one who asked me to hook him him up with my friends. I wasn't going around pimping my girls. If someone asks, I'll set them up. If they don't ask, I will not say anything, unless I really know the guy and I think he would be a good match to one of my homies. :bonk:

Hokey Smoke!

exactly what i was thinking. i don't want to be accused of conspiracy if the relationship turns out to be a fraud. it could be romantic all right but i'm not going out of my way to play cupid for people who have not seen each other. if they're meant to be together, then there will be other ways. :star:

I just introduced them to each other. And if they fall in love, it's wonderful. If they don't, time to move on. But if not for me, then they may never meet and they will never be happy. What's wrong with bringing two lost souls together?

Hokey Smoke!

OOPS posted wrong post hehe sorry

Edited by thepizzadude

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

i would be intimidated cuz' its like they are saying..can you hook me up with someone so i could go there too..ahehhehe..sorry thats how it sounds like..kahit balibaliktarin..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ganto nalang dapat sabihin mo:

ok,.ipapakilala kita pero kelangan ikaw muna pumunta doon para makilala mo yung ipapakilala ko sayo..

now, that's fair diba

para malaman mo talaga kung love ang intention nya or just a ticket to u.s. Bwahahahhahaha :)) :)) :))

The hardest part that I had to do in my life is to leave you behind and make u wait..until we meet again!!!

jtbygm4jwd.png

hello again to my fellow visajourney goers! Hope you are all ok and happy with your loved ones! I know it's hard to be separated but I hope for those who are still waiting for their visas, you'll get it soon! Just always be positive :)

Anyways, I just one question and need your opinion about this. Do you guys find it so irritating (or seems not right) when your fellow Pinays ask you this "uy hanap mo naman ako ng papa dyan... or sino ang irereto mo sa akin dyan?" -translation- (hey, could you find me a lover there? or do you have somebody who you can introduce me to?" It really turns me off when my friends,so-called friends or even just somebody i worked with at the office ask me those. It seems for me that they only want a ticket to go to the USA. Sounds like it for me... but this is just my opinion. I might be getting paranoid too from not having enough sleep. lol No pms yet! Can't help but to think.. can't you find your own man? :bonk:

Just want to know your opinion about this kind of attitude.

just smile at them...dont get irritated. just tell them "it is my destiny to met my husband outside the phils... I dont know about yours... only God knows... :)

Well said. :thumbs::thumbs: I like this statement and will used it(if you don't mind) everytime I will be ask that kind of stupid question.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Right now I need to find a partner for a 25 year old filipina friend who developed a crush on me. She is a sweetheart. Am asking everyone at work if they have a kind, loving, sensitive gentle relative who would be interested. Attached are her pics. I like playing cupid too, but am going to have to just not get involved cause of the problems it can potentially cause to my marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.