angela920

Do you find this irritating?

57 posts in this topic

To add...those american men and women who see us with our husbands and don't know us ..they are probably thinking the same thing....that we married our USC husbands to get out of the Philippines. And what about these Filipina women who ask us to hook them up with a USC man, what do they really think about us marrying our USC husbands? Probably the same thing. It doesn't matter....for love or for money.....if the marriage is successful and works out great for both, who really cares? Love can be learned.

Bottomline is..this "phenomenon" of marrying an american man or woman is worldwide and not just in the Philippines. Big age gaps etc etc. For love or for money..we make our own destiny.

A 75 year old USC man with a 25 year old Filipina woman...what do you think? For love or for money? It doesn't matter if they are happy. I personally know two couples ( 75/34- married for 7 years and 75/30- married for 4 years ) and they are wonderful together.

Just because we are already here or in the process of getting here, let us not judge these women who also want to be in our shoes.

You're absolutely right!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To add...those american men and women who see us with our husbands and don't know us ..they are probably thinking the same thing....that we married our USC husbands to get out of the Philippines. And what about these Filipina women who ask us to hook them up with a USC man, what do they really think about us marrying our USC husbands? Probably the same thing. It doesn't matter....for love or for money.....if the marriage is successful and works out great for both, who really cares? Love can be learned.

Bottomline is..this "phenomenon" of marrying an american man or woman is worldwide and not just in the Philippines. Big age gaps etc etc. For love or for money..we make our own destiny.

A 75 year old USC man with a 25 year old Filipina woman...what do you think? For love or for money? It doesn't matter if they are happy. I personally know two couples ( 75/34- married for 7 years and 75/30- married for 4 years ) and they are wonderful together.

Just because we are already here or in the process of getting here, let us not judge these women who also want to be in our shoes.

You're absolutely right!

:thumbs:

AOS & EAD

03-02-2010 Mailed package

03-04-2010 Package received

03-10-2010 Text alert

03-11-2010 Touched

03-15-2010 NOA1 hardcopies

03-19-2010 Received Biometrics appointment letter

03-22-2010 RFE

03-30-2010 Biometrics done

04-15-2010 RFE compliance received at Lee Summit

04-20-2010 Touched

04-23-2010 Case transferred to CSC

04-26-2010 Touched

04-30-2010 Touched

05-01-2010 Touched Case received at CSC

05-03-2010 Touched (no touch on EAD since 3-31-2010)

05-13-2010 EAD Approved

06-01-2010 EAD Card Received

06-07-2010 AOS Approved & Card Production

06-08-2010 Touch

06-14-2010 Welcome letter received

06-18-2010 3rd Text and Email GC Sent

06-21-2010 GreenCard Received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I just introduced them to each other. And if they fall in love, it's wonderful. If they don't, time to move on. But if not for me, then they may never meet and they will never be happy. What's wrong with bringing two lost souls together?

that these two lost souls could be perfectly wrong for each other and their union could cause havoc. :lol:

Nada es impossible con Dios. If they are not right for each other, they can always say no and move on. What is the difference between that and meeting someone in the bar? Do you think your chances are better of finding true love in a bar?

it's one thing to be doing it for yourself. but doing it for another person. entirely different. also, it'll be good thing that they meet through me, but not because i purposely encouraged them, especially if i know that the woman just wants a ticket to the US. that's all i'm saying.

plus, i don't think it's actually about romance despite the age gap or culture differences. it's the idea of someone asking you to set them up with someone in the US for not so romantic reasons that is annoying.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

hello again to my fellow visajourney goers! Hope you are all ok and happy with your loved ones! I know it's hard to be separated but I hope for those who are still waiting for their visas, you'll get it soon! Just always be positive :)

Anyways, I just one question and need your opinion about this. Do you guys find it so irritating (or seems not right) when your fellow Pinays ask you this "uy hanap mo naman ako ng papa dyan... or sino ang irereto mo sa akin dyan?" -translation- (hey, could you find me a lover there? or do you have somebody who you can introduce me to?" It really turns me off when my friends,so-called friends or even just somebody i worked with at the office ask me those. It seems for me that they only want a ticket to go to the USA. Sounds like it for me... but this is just my opinion. I might be getting paranoid too from not having enough sleep. lol No pms yet! Can't help but to think.. can't you find your own man? :bonk:

Just want to know your opinion about this kind of attitude.

just smile at them...dont get irritated. just tell them "it is my destiny to met my husband outside the phils... I dont know about yours... only God knows... :)

Well said. :thumbs::thumbs: I like this statement and will used it(if you don't mind) everytime I will be ask that kind of stupid question.

:thumbs: i dont mind at all. :)

Amen to that :thumbs:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont get irritated or anything like that. My friends would always tell me to find somebody here in the US for them. I just say, oh ok, i'll try..or i'll see if i find one...whatever... Do u really think i would go out of my way and find somebody for them?? Please...i have a lot more important things to do than that. And my friends know better than to ask me that over again, lol.

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

i dont get irritated to people like that but instead i just tell them to go to the website where i found my husband...i dont wanna be anybody's cupid.

and para malaman din nila na di madaling maghanap ng matinong taong magmamahal sayo ng tunay.

You know what guys, everytime my friend ask that things to me I told them that it would be BETTER that you will be the one to find coz

" IT WILL BE YOUR LIFETIME PARTNER" not a classmate!

I did found mine on my own and WITH GOD's will. It is our destiny!

Not just to be able to go to the US.

i dont get irritated to people like that but instead i just tell them to go to the website where i found my husband...i dont wanna be anybody's cupid.

and para malaman din nila na di madaling maghanap ng matinong taong magmamahal sayo ng tunay.

I do agree with you sis :thumbs:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Amen to that :thumbs:

Korek na may malaking Check!!!!....

post-61051-1238047848_thumb.jpg

post-61051-1238047921_thumb.jpg

Edited by sayitonce

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, what can I say.....i dont want to be judgemental on any individual.....the message here......HOW TO GET OUT OF POVERTY!!!!. I always believe........WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND (what you sow...you reap)............Marriage should not be taken for GRANTED for our own SELFISH Reason......It is a lifetime commitment and it's a 50/50 basis, no more no less........Some people made the wrong jump.........from Frying pan to the Fire...(lol)..correct me if i am wrong....

LOVE and RESPECT is what counts................

Happy Easter in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose and Dan

Proposed: 08/08/08

Married: January 21, 2009

CR-1 Visa Journey:

I-130 Journey

02/09/2009:Sent

02/13/2009:NOA1 Receipt

NO RFE

03/13/2009: NOA2 Receipt "APPROVED AT USCIS in 28 days"

03/16/2009: FORWARDED TO NVC

04/21/2009: NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED MNLXXXXX

04/24/2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 by email

04/25/2009: Paid AOS/I-864 online

04/25/2009: Emailed DS 3032

04/28/2009: Received Payment Receipt for AOS/I-864

04/29/2009: Mailed barcoded DS3032/AOS/I-864

04/30/2009: NVC received I-864

05/01/2009: DS3032 accepted as per AVR

05/04/2009: Paid IV Bill

05/05/2009: IV Bill Receipt

06/09/2009: CFO Seminar

07/10/2009: Sent DS230

07/11/2009: NVC Received DS 230

07/22/2009:Case completed at NVC (thank GOD no RFE)

08/11/2009: Medical Passed (SLMEC)

09/11/2009: Interview PASSED

09/16/2009: Visa Received

09/26/2009: US Entry (POE SFO) "It was quick i was out in 20 minutes"

10/05/2009: SS# Received by Mail

10/13/2009: Green Card and Welcome Notice Received

10/20/2009: Applied for California ID

10/30/2009: Ca ID received

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities". Rose and Dan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It has been a common joke I guess for others to ask me/you to hook them up with someone who lives in US. I just go by it, laugh it all off and even tell them to give their resumes to me :D and once approved, I'll contact them for further instructions! :D And they would just laugh at it too. I just don't take it seriously. I have been asked a gazillion of times about this, I don't mind, because I know they're not into it anyway. BUT out of all those people, I got one who turned out to be seriously looking for someone, and have been sending me messages/email making follow-ups. I got disappointed and yes, it's a little annoying, because she would just talk to me about it. Doesn't even bother to ask how am I doing here, not even a hi :( Now that one is bad..

11-12-2008 Sent AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

11-13-2008 USCIS received the papers @ 3pm!

11-20-2008 3 NOAs

11-24-2008 check cashed

01-05-2009 Recieved Biometrics Letter on mail

01-12-2009 AP approved! / EAD touched

01-29-2009 Biometrics Done

01-30-2009 AOS Touched

03-09-2009 EAD Card Production ordered

04-07-2009 Interview

06-23-2009 Re-scheduled interview.. approved!

when will I file I-751?

girl, there's a huge difference. they're actually being the ones who are judgemental here you see. they assume what they don't know or sure of. contrary to their blatantly asking us for a way to go to the US. i'm not judging them, it's simply knowing their intentions and me not wanting to be part of it. plus, how could you say it doesn't matter if it's love or money? don't you realize that these people, who want a partner from the US because of the greencard or the money, are the very reason why it has become so difficult for us who just want a visa to be with the ones we love.

if they want to find their true love, then yes they do want to be in my shoes and i have no contest to that.

do they just want a greencard and use another person for it? then no, it's definitely not in my shoes they want to be.

honestly, i'd consider setting them up had they told me, "uy, buti ka pa nahanap mo na soulmate mo. hanap mo nga ako, baka andiyan din yung akin." instead of telling me, "uy buti ka pa nasa amerika ka na. ireto mo nga ako diyan para makarating na din ako diyan." it's like implying i purposely chose my husband just because he's in the US. and now they're confident that they can do it too because of me. now who's being judgemental? so yes, i get irritated when people SERIOUSLY ask me to help them get a greencard by setting them up with someone from here.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.