RexT

2008 Tax Returns from Co-sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have a pending interview coming up in April and I am wondering if the 2007 (for 2008 gathered documents) tax returns and other co-sponsor related documentation will be suffice or could/would they want the 2008, now that it will be April 09? Sounds confusing, but we are dealing with IRS one year prior. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....RexT

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
We have a pending interview coming up in April and I am wondering if the 2007 (for 2008 gathered documents) tax returns and other co-sponsor related documentation will be suffice or could/would they want the 2008, now that it will be April 09? Sounds confusing, but we are dealing with IRS one year prior. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....RexT

Best practice is to file the taxes and include a complete copy of the return including all schedules and supporting documentation. Second best is to provide the W2 form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We have a copy of the 1040, the receipt for efile, w-2, and a copy of the refund check. Hopefully that is enough!

Mike & Yizhen

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

Standard wisdom to deal with USCIS will be applied to here, too.

Better overprepared than sorry!

As other members said, grab all proofs for Tax Year 2008 federal tax return copy.

If they ask for it, you can just show it.

If you don't have it, and consular officer makes big deal about it, your case may be delayed for RFE.

Some people may just file for extension, and may not be ready for tax return copy until October.

But if you have all the info along with the proofs such as W-2 copy and right reason,

you may be fine to convince him/her.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

So would filing for an extension and showing that pose a problem? I mean they have 05,06,07 tax transcripts plus other financial documents so will an extension for 08 suffice or will it cause a delay for visa approval? Btw I will be filing for an extension, so was curious if this will impact my wifes visa interview. Thanks

Standard wisdom to deal with USCIS will be applied to here, too.

Better overprepared than sorry!

As other members said, grab all proofs for Tax Year 2008 federal tax return copy.

If they ask for it, you can just show it.

If you don't have it, and consular officer makes big deal about it, your case may be delayed for RFE.

Some people may just file for extension, and may not be ready for tax return copy until October.

But if you have all the info along with the proofs such as W-2 copy and right reason,

you may be fine to convince him/her.

Edited by robbyrob

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.