Dark

Income Tax Return(form 1040), W-2

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have any idea if it is a MUST to present the latest copy of the form 1040 and W-2 during the K1 Visa interview or I-134 will do? What if the latest forms(2008) are not available yet. At this, my Fiancee only have the old forms(2007). Please help!

Do you have any idea if it is a MUST to present the latest copy of the form 1040 and W-2 during the K1 Visa interview or I-134 will do? What if the latest forms(2008) are not available yet. At this, my Fiancee only have the old forms(2007). Please help!

You must present/submit an I-134 - and to support the I-134 you must also submit supporting documents (including at least a recent copy of your tax return and its supporting documents; such as W-2's).

You can not simply submit an I-134 with no supporting documents.

Tell your fiance to file his 2008 taxes. He's going to have to sooner or later and you having the 2008 returns at your interview is a plus even if before 4/15.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tell your fiance to file his 2008 taxes. He's going to have to sooner or later and you having the 2008 returns at your interview is a plus even if before 4/15.

Yeah my interview date will be on April 22. Do we need to present the original forms or can she just send a scanned copies of the forms?

Yeah my interview date will be on April 22. Do we need to present the original forms or can she just send a scanned copies of the forms?

All your tax forms can be faxed or scanned. No need original signature as original forms are at IRS or E filed.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If he is missing a W2, he can request one from his employer.

If he is missing a tax return, he can request a transcript for free from the IRS by downloading the IRS form 4506T and sending it to the appropriate center.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

I have requested tax transcripts in the past and they have come fairly quickly.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
If my interview date will be on April 22 and the filing of the new ITR is on April 15. Do you think SHE can still send the forms in just a week before my interview date?

your fiance should have done this earlier if he already knew your interview date... :no: FEDEX or UPS should be able to get it there in time....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The answer to your question is very much dependant on the Embassy you are dealing with and you would be best served to ask them directly. Some will request you have this year's tax return and some will not.

The I-134 is used only to help the CO determine whether or not your fiance will become a public charge once in the US and each Embassy interprets this differently. In NZ, for instance, they cared much more about my (now) husbands CV/Resume and work history than they did my ability to support him. ;)

good luck

timeline.jpg

If my interview date will be on April 22 and the filing of the new ITR is on April 15. Do you think SHE can still send the forms in just a week before my interview date?

your fiance should have done this earlier if he already knew your interview date... :no: FEDEX or UPS should be able to get it there in time....

No need to mail or use FED ex. Tax returns and W2s can be FAXED or scanned and are acceptable by USEM. Been there and done that also.!!

Also it takes about 3 weeks for IRS to have the record of filing before you can get tax transcripts.

Been thru that trip naman.

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No need to mail or use FED ex. Tax returns and W2s can be FAXED or scanned and are acceptable by USEM. Been there and done that also.!!

Also it takes about 3 weeks for IRS to have the record of filing before you can get tax transcripts.

Been thru that trip naman.

updated I-134 needs to be mailed....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

U need to get the 2008 itr cuz thats what they are looking for they wont accept the 2007..only the 2008...goodluck on the interview :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.