johncali9

Incorrect information submitted to the CRIS?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm trying to file the correct paperwork in order for my fiance to attain the I-129F. I just recvieved a response letter from the CRIS stating that I wasn't able to submit sufficient evidence stating my divorce with my previous wife. The thing is, i submitted to them an FL-820 form showing the final decree of my divorce. I presumed this was enough evidence proving my divorce with my previous wife. Is there any other forms I need to submit in order to prove I had a divorce with my previous wife? Please help me as soon as possible. I've waited over 5 months for this response from the CRIS, and I can't afford to wait another 5 months for a 2nd response. Thank you for your time.

Edited by johncali9

Hello everyone. I'm trying to file the correct paperwork in order for my fiance to attain the I-129F. I just recvieved a response letter from the CRIS stating that I wasn't able to submit sufficient evidence stating my divorce with my previous wife. The thing is, i submitted to them an FL-820 form showing the final decree of my divorce. I presumed this was enough evidence proving my divorce with my previous wife. Is there any other forms I need to submit in order to prove I had a divorce with my previous wife? Please help me as soon as possible. I've waited over 5 months for this response from the CRIS, and I can't afford to wait another 5 months for a 2nd response. Thank you for your time.

Most people submit a copy of a certified divorce decree from the court. I did. Worked fine for me.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I am not familiar with that form..As USCIS also indicated....

You should have submitted a proper copy of your divorce decree, which is not a form.

Send the proper copy of the divorce decree in immediately.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You will need to submit the whole Divorce Decree - all that paper work stating who is divorcing who, who gets what, if there are custody issues what was the final decision etc. Include also a copy of the Affidavit of Final Dissolution of Marriage. I guess that's what they are looking for.

Maybe someone more familiar with the issue can give you more info, but I guess this is it. Good luck.

Edited by Precious

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Timeline

Thank you everyone who is replying. I am trying my best to find everything else that i need in order to prove my divorce with my previous wife is final. Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! :yes:

They want an original divorce decree. Go to the clerk of court's office where your divorce was granted, and ask the clerk for a certified copy of the divorce decree. The one with a raised stamp on it and the original signature of the clerk (usually says "true copy"). Then send that in.

You need at least (4) copies, usually at a buck or two a page

(1) for the petition - the one that was supposed to be submitted with the I129F

(1) for the embassy - they will want to see it in the documents submitted with the visa application

(1) for when you apply for a marriage license in your home state or wherever you choose get married. They always want proof of divorce / termination of previous marriage as part of verifying that you are legally eligible to get married

(1) for your AOS application

i don't get it.

Most people submit a copy of a certified divorce decree from the court. I did. Worked fine for me.

please note that you need a "certified copy of the divorce decree", not a "copy of a certified divorce decree". What is critical is that it has the original stamp from the clerk of the court. You cannot submit a copy of the original, only the original.

Timeline

Hello all,

So today, I went to the court and asked people about what I needed to show the CRIS. Everyone said the paper that I did have was the one I needed to show to them, but I needed an original certified copy, not a self printed copy of the original certified copy. I was able to get what I needed and now I sent it to them (CRIS). Thank you once again for everyone helping me out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.