tammy2688

Updates? Where are you guys????

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I hope everyone is hanging in there and sending my prayers to all those that are waiting.

I was wondering though, about the statuses of a few of my very close people who have not posted or I have missed them somehow.

-Indianheart - do you have any updates about your AP?

-Miamiwife - please update us on your status.

-CassandraHyder - please update us on what happened so far with the visa.

Thank you,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Tammy!

Thanks for thinking of us. Still nothing here with me. It has been 9 months in AP now, and a total of 19 months waiting for my husband's K-3 visa. DOS and embassy still inform me that AP is pending.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Tammy

Still nothing for us either. We have been in AP for 8 months now and in the process for our K3 Visa for 15 months. :wacko: Hope all is well with you Tammy :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Hello,

I hope everyone is hanging in there and sending my prayers to all those that are waiting.

I was wondering though, about the statuses of a few of my very close people who have not posted or I have missed them somehow.

-Indianheart - do you have any updates about your AP?

-Miamiwife - please update us on your status.

-CassandraHyder - please update us on what happened so far with the visa.

Thank you,

Tam

Hi Tammy. 9months of AP and counting... no end in sight. Bah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Thank you guys for answering, I was getting worried that the hole of depression had sucked you all clear through as it had done to me at about 9 months, where you guys are at.

I do have good news - upon all my research and following the statistics of those with AP from these regions, I have seen that 6 months is a given for AP now, 8 months is about when they start wrapping up security checks from the multiple agencies, and after that it is a matter of review at the consulate level before they issue the visas. You are ALL well beyond that long hump of the 6-month wait, so only good news will soon come. I know within the next weeks, bascially gestimating about April, May, June, you guys should all have visas in hand, because usual cases rarely exceed 1 year. So Insha-Allah (God-willing) your visas will arrive in due time, and summer will be good one for all of you.

Miamiwife - I can tell how frustrating it is to be left behind when people who filed at the same time as you may have their visas, know that I feel your pain all too well, and also know that upon recieving the visa, those feelings of pain never leave, but you will be so busy with your love that it will leve your mind and you can find you happiness and peace.

Cassandra - since you had some traveling history to verify, your AP process was prolonged a bit for that and I am really praying you will get the visa very soon, as the embassy had told you several months ago that they were wrapping it up. They may be doing a review at the consulate level as of now and will issue the visa very soon.

Waheed and Kris - I know that whole numb feeling, it was at about 8 months when I lost the taste of food. I basically woke up feeling sh!tty, and went to bed feeling the same way, while feeling depressed and staring at AP info online during the day. You decided to fall in love with a Pakistani, and seeing other cases at that consulate country, you realized by now that due to political problems as well as terrorist connections, that country is the hotspot for ####### ( and home visits ae common, that prolong AP) and seems to take very long for cases to be finished. Please don't feel too bad, it will be OVER and when it is, you will be so happy. Believe me, I always said if I get out of AP, anyone will, because after the 1 year mark, I really thought it was over for me and there would be no way for my husband to get the visa. For Pakistan, 8-9 months is a given and the visa is usually issued soon after. I pray that you will be together with your love this summer.

I hope all of you guys keep you mind clear of worries and find peace in knowing the long part of the wait is over.

Now time for anticipation and visas to be issued.

I am thinking of you all, always and praying for you all as well.

God bless,

Tam

Edited by tammy2688

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you Tammy :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You made me cry Tammy, but thank you. I appreciate your words.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Cassandra - since you had some traveling history to verify, your AP process was prolonged a bit for that and I am really praying you will get the visa very soon, as the embassy had told you several months ago that they were wrapping it up. They may be doing a review at the consulate level as of now and will issue the visa very soon.

Thanks Tammy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

We had some traveling to verify as well, and it prolonged AP by a good 2 months - the good news is, the end DOES come. We always fear the good things coming to an end but never want to let ourself be happy about the fact that bad things come to an end as well.

AP - I believe one of the most horrible things in life, does have an ending. Even if it takes some people 8 months or more there IS an ending. Just tell yourself: THERE IS AN ENDING.

PS: As the weather gets warmer and Spring graces over us, I anticipate to see everyone here getting their visas very soon.

God bless,

Tam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.