datsun

newphes visa denied three times

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

My husband and I has been frustated to trying have my newphews tourist visa approved.

They been denied three time. They are only 5, 7, 9 years old.

Even though my sister (mom) has a vaild visa to travel to US, but everytime she applied for her kids they denied them.

The reason is the applicants are not convincing the officer to come back to origins country. They are only kids!!!

The officers said they are not have strong enough ties to the origins country.

We don't understand what they mean by that, they go to school and only my sister will be travelling with the kids, the husband will stay back in the country.

My husband and I even wrote a support letter for them but still they got denied.

So we wrote lettter to our senator, but the embassy still so stuborn and kept their decision, they said the applicants are more than welcome to re apply anytime but the decision will be based on their qualification, we don't even know what do they want to see the changes or what do they want to see it differently.

we are really frustated and wondering maybe if we can hire a lawyer it will help??? we have all the emails from the embassy officers and the letters from them as a prove that they treated my newphews un fairly. My sister even said they didn't even explain anything in the interview what do they want to see , they just said : no sorry, still can't.. What they suppose to mean?

Is it expensive to hire an imigration attorney? help.. We just want our newphew to come over here and enjoy 3 weeks vacation with my son. They never meet yet.

My sister , she has a valid visa and been to US for three years and Always follow the immigration laws while she was here.

What we should do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

how many trips to the US has your sister made? What is her usual length of stay?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
how many trips to the US has your sister made? What is her usual length of stay?

She been to US three times already. once she was here for a year for language school, then twice she came here for about two months to visit me.

What could go wrong in here? My husband even wrote a letter to senator but it came back the response from the embassy lead officer that they didn't do anything wrong by denying the kids three times. Why? they only kids?

What is the next step we should take? Please advise..

Filed: Timeline

Your sister got her tourist visa because she had strong ties to her home country, her kids would be there so she would return. If they give the kids a tourist visa then the strong ties are no longer there. As far as US is concerned there is a very high chance that your sister and her kids would not return if they were all approved for tourist visa's.

Sad to say there is very little chance of the kids getting a tourist visa.

Edited by Kez/JWolf

Your sister got her tourist visa because she had strong ties to her home country, her kids would be there so she would return. If they give the kids a tourist visa then the strong ties are no longer there. As far as US is concerned there is a very high chance that your sister and her kids would not return if they were all approved for tourist visa's.

Sad to say there is very little chance of the kids getting a tourist visa.

That sound exactly right as above. You might be best forgetting the kids coming and instead you and your husband travelling to Indonesia to visit them.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have to agree that your sister's childern were mostly likely considered the strong tie that allowed your sister to get her tourist visa. I think you may have to go visit them or have your sister try a bring only 1 or 2 of her children (of course not fair to the one left behind) and hope that works. I am not sure if a lawyer could help in this situation.

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

Timeline

My husband and I been back over there once. two years ago.

I forgot to mention about the last time my sister applied for the kid visa, she only applied for one kid not the whole three of them, the youngest one, but still got denied.

But if the husband is not going and stay back there, there is not strong ties, I guess they could think like that.

What else should we do? Do you think write another letter to the congressman will help?

THanks!

My husband and I been back over there once. two years ago.

I forgot to mention about the last time my sister applied for the kid visa, she only applied for one kid not the whole three of them, the youngest one, but still got denied.

But if the husband is not going and stay back there, there is not strong ties, I guess they could think like that.

What else should we do? Do you think write another letter to the congressman will help?

THanks!

At this stage of the game there is nothing to lose. Write another letter, or better yet, write a letter to the Embassy in Indonesia. Maybe an invite letter, if you haven't written one is what's needed. I agree that it's silly that the kids have been denied, however I really don't know what else you can do. When she gets the denial's for the kids visa's, do they say anything as to the reason why? If it's because they don't think she's going to come back, then I really don't know what she can do to convince them. I'm so sorry!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.