SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

you guys already got ur packet 3? I havent at all? Just talked to Kristin who helped me in here. And i will go ahead and do the ds160 and interview booking eventho i dont have the packet 3. I assume the embassy has my case now! U dont think i should wait right? Sometimes i overthink everything in this process and i just panic haha! I am sure the errors on the I-134 is totally okay since u will be showing the birth certificate! :-)

Well according to your timeline NVC got it about a week ago so you won't be hearing anything yet. NVC got mine on March 24 and it didn't leave until April 1st so it can take a while.

Do you have your NVC case number that starts with STK? If not then you should wait. The medical (at least in Stockholm) requires you to have the STK number. On the DS-160 some will say you have to put down the STK case number but I read the question as the number you get from USCIS as it mentioned the USCIS in the question. You can't schedule the interview until you have paid for your visa which you do at ustraveldocs.com Follow the instructions carefully!

Good luck! I am an over-thinker too, quite annoying sometimes :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

The question in the DS-160 definitely asks for the number you got from the USCIS! I did it that way too, but afterwards I panicked because I didn't remember the wording of the question and I thought I'd made a mistake. I emailed the embassy about it and they confirmed it is indeed the USCIS number they're looking for in the form. You need the STK case ID number to book the interview though, if I remember correctly. It's all kind of a blur for me now since I did so many things and I can't remember exactly which number I put down at which point, but I think that's how I did it!

Edited by Metope

Timeline

The question in the DS-160 definitely asks for the number you got from the USCIS! I did it that way too, but afterwards I panicked because I didn't remember the wording of the question and I thought I'd made a mistake. I emailed the embassy about it and they confirmed it is indeed the USCIS number they're looking for in the form. You need the STK case ID number to book the interview though, if I remember correctly. It's all kind of a blur for me now since I did so many things and I can't remember exactly which number I put down at which point, but I think that's how I did it!

Thank you for making me not worry about that anymore! I wrote down the USCIS number because it really says USCIS but then a bunch of people here keeps saying it's the other number.

And yes, now that I think about it on ustraveldocs you will put down the STK number, DS-160 confirmation number and also put in the confirm number of the payment of the visa before you can schedule your interview. Lots of numbers...

Timeline

Yeah, no wonder everyone are so confused! It doesn't make it any better that both the STK number and the USCIS number have the same format with three letters and 10 numbers. I actually don't think it matters which one you put down to be honest, both numbers identify your case and since they're both in your name, they can find your case on either. I put down the wrong number when I made an account on the website (that's where you're supposed to use the STK and I used the other one), and I emailed them about that too and they said it didn't matter.

Timeline

Yeah, no wonder everyone are so confused! It doesn't make it any better that both the STK number and the USCIS number have the same format with three letters and 10 numbers. I actually don't think it matters which one you put down to be honest, both numbers identify your case and since they're both in your name, they can find your case on either. I put down the wrong number when I made an account on the website (that's where you're supposed to use the STK and I used the other one), and I emailed them about that too and they said it didn't matter.

Exactly, they probably have both numbers in their system since both are stated on the NOA2. And as long as everything else match up: medical, DS-160 confirmation etc I don't think they care. I think that we (at least I feel this way) feel that since the embassy has the final say in our visa that they are super harsh and strict. But then when you get there they are actually pretty nice. Only time I've ever met someone a bit grumpy at the embassy was when I informed them I was going to live with my boyfriend while being on a student visa :P

It will be such a relief when this is over :)

you guys already got ur packet 3? I havent at all? Just talked to Kristin who helped me in here. And i will go ahead and do the ds160 and interview booking eventho i dont have the packet 3. I assume the embassy has my case now! U dont think i should wait right? Sometimes i overthink everything in this process and i just panic haha! I am sure the errors on the I-134 is totally okay since u will be showing the birth certificate! :-)

YAAAAAAYYYY!! Congrats soooo much!!!!:-) im so happy for you!!!!! Its so silly we have to travel so far for an hour at that embassy! But soooo happy u got approved!!!!! When will you be going home?

July 16! I just booked my tickets. :D We'd planned on my fiance coming here for a week first to help me pack, but sadly since we had to wait for so long to book our tickets (I'm a worrier, I'd never book before being certain the visa was approved) his ticket suddenly came out to almost $3000... So it'll be just me - but for the last time! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Exactly, they probably have both numbers in their system since both are stated on the NOA2. And as long as everything else match up: medical, DS-160 confirmation etc I don't think they care. I think that we (at least I feel this way) feel that since the embassy has the final say in our visa that they are super harsh and strict. But then when you get there they are actually pretty nice. Only time I've ever met someone a bit grumpy at the embassy was when I informed them I was going to live with my boyfriend while being on a student visa :P

It will be such a relief when this is over :)

So heres an old thread from in here. im a TOTAL overthinker! so many of you have helped me already yet im still not sure if we in Denmark get the interview scheduled for us.. that we dont get the opportunity to schedule it ourselves.. by the looks of an old thread the Embassy assigned them their date. Might be the system changed.. I just dont want the Embassy sending me an interview date once i fill out the DS-160. My medical isnt till tuesday this week and it takes 14 days til Stockholm has the results cause Denmark spends 11 days getting the results first. I dont wanna end up in a forced interview date if in fact that would turn out to be too soon in regards to my medical result.. im 10 min from starting the DS-160 form.. i guess AGAIN im having total panick attacks over trying to figure the system out... sigh.. someone hit me hard in the head PLEASE :) hehehe...

Old thread:

Hi! Swedish beneficiary here.

"The way it worked for us was that my fiance, the US citizen, got a letter instructing him to tell me to fill out the DS160 online. Soon after that, he got an email (presumably from the contact info I filled out in the form) telling me my interview date. The e-mail had instructions attached on what to bring, birth cert, police cert, stuff like that. The interview date was three weeks away. Hope this helps! "

Timeline

So heres an old thread from in here. im a TOTAL overthinker! so many of you have helped me already yet im still not sure if we in Denmark get the interview scheduled for us.. that we dont get the opportunity to schedule it ourselves.. by the looks of an old thread the Embassy assigned them their date. Might be the system changed.. I just dont want the Embassy sending me an interview date once i fill out the DS-160. My medical isnt till tuesday this week and it takes 14 days til Stockholm has the results cause Denmark spends 11 days getting the results first. I dont wanna end up in a forced interview date if in fact that would turn out to be too soon in regards to my medical result.. im 10 min from starting the DS-160 form.. i guess AGAIN im having total panick attacks over trying to figure the system out... sigh.. someone hit me hard in the head PLEASE :) hehehe...

Old thread:

"The way it worked for us was that my fiance, the US citizen, got a letter instructing him to tell me to fill out the DS160 online. Soon after that, he got an email (presumably from the contact info I filled out in the form) telling me my interview date. The e-mail had instructions attached on what to bring, birth cert, police cert, stuff like that. The interview date was three weeks away. Hope this helps! "

another old 2013 thread, maybe the rules just changed??? someone ease my mind and then feel free to face palm me for bugging you all who already answered me a million times! Im just such a overthinker :-S

Hi!

Not sure if you've already received the packet, but for us, the US beneficiary got a letter telling us to fill out the DS160 online. Then he got an email with my interview date. Attached was a PDF telling me what to bring to the interview. It's pretty much the standard list - the birth cert that you already have, the police cert, passport photos, stamps, the I-134 with additional proof, etc. Not sure what packet 4 would be. Maybe that email is packet 4, which would make the letter to the US citizen packet 3? Any other questions, feel free to ask - I'm just a month ahead of you in the process, got our NOA early in October and got an approval at the embassy last week. :)

old thread qoute

Timeline

Old thread:

I doubt it. That thread is from 2013 and they redid the whole process in the end of 2014 (September I think). Now everything is done over ustraveldocs.com and I would assume that the same thing would apply to Denmark and Norway too.

Timeline

another old 2013 thread, maybe the rules just changed??? someone ease my mind and then feel free to face palm me for bugging you all who already answered me a million times! Im just such a overthinker :-S

Hi!

Not sure if you've already received the packet, but for us, the US beneficiary got a letter telling us to fill out the DS160 online. Then he got an email with my interview date. Attached was a PDF telling me what to bring to the interview. It's pretty much the standard list - the birth cert that you already have, the police cert, passport photos, stamps, the I-134 with additional proof, etc. Not sure what packet 4 would be. Maybe that email is packet 4, which would make the letter to the US citizen packet 3? Any other questions, feel free to ask - I'm just a month ahead of you in the process, got our NOA early in October and got an approval at the embassy last week. :)

old thread qoute

Like I said, they redid the system. Once they get the file at the embassy they will email you and your fiance with a checklist of everything you need to do. :) Should be the same for you :) I think it would be a huge double work for them to keep track of what nationality they're sending the checklist too etc.

Timeline

I doubt it. That thread is from 2013 and they redid the whole process in the end of 2014 (September I think). Now everything is done over ustraveldocs.com and I would assume that the same thing would apply to Denmark and Norway too.

Thank you!!! :-) I needed to hear that!! God im so glad all you guys knows all this! Okay im doing my DS-160 in a minute and hopefully i will do okay! You guys rock!!!! Glad my fiance loves me eventho i babble a lot and think tooo much! Maybe thats why he takes me to the Movie theater so much, so im quiet HAHAHA ;-) joke aside!! I love all your help guys!! second family ! ;-) Camilla

Thank you!!! :-) I needed to hear that!! God im so glad all you guys knows all this! Okay im doing my DS-160 in a minute and hopefully i will do okay! You guys rock!!!! Glad my fiance loves me eventho i babble a lot and think tooo much! Maybe thats why he takes me to the Movie theater so much, so im quiet HAHAHA ;-) joke aside!! I love all your help guys!! second family ! ;-) Camilla

Eventho i dont have my checklist i will go ahead and do the DS-160. Kristin in here sent me hers so me and my control freak mind can relax. No need to wait for a checklist i suppose. Fingers crossed i dont f... this up :-s

Timeline

Don't worry Camilla, I am the same way! And the weird thing is that I am super calm while answering other peoples questions but I bet the day before my interview I'll be on here being a nervous wreck asking people a bunch of questions that I have myself answered :P I am glad my fiance is calm and patient lol.

Timeline

Don't worry Camilla, I am the same way! And the weird thing is that I am super calm while answering other peoples questions but I bet the day before my interview I'll be on here being a nervous wreck asking people a bunch of questions that I have myself answered :P I am glad my fiance is calm and patient lol.

me too!! i helped people with answers to essemble the K1 package while we waited for NOA2 and for some reason i panic everytime i have to do something myself and not feeling sure if im about to do something wrong with it all.. sigh.. i cannot wait till its all over!! good nights sleep ahead for the first time in years i hope!! :-) thats why its our better halfs! We go running with our head under our arms panicing and they stay calm for us.. hehe

Timeline

Yep, everything changed recently and everyone going through the embassy in Stockholm schedules interview dates for themselves!

This is what the checklist email says:

"IMPORTANT: The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm has implemented several changes in the visa procedures that affect fiancé(e) K1 visa applicants. The scheduling and collection of application fee will be done through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/se as of January 18, 2014 ."

Doesn't matter if you're Swedish, Danish or Norwegian, everyone have to do it this way. Also another thing to keep in mind, as a fellow over-thinker I was worried about the address you provide on the ustraveldocs website since there's only an option for a Swedish address! Being afraid of not being able to give them my address in Norway (after all this is where your visa package will be sent to!) I emailed them about that too (haha they must have been so annoyed at me emailing them every day), and they informed me that when you arrive at the embassy, they'll give you an envelope where you write your own name and address, and this is what they put all your stuff in. Got to the embassy a couple weeks later, and yep, had to write my address on a huge envelope, and when my visa came in the mail, that's the envelope I got. Super easy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.