SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does anybody know if the IKEA julmust is any good? It seems like a challenge to find the must any other way for a reasonable price. Maybe it's too soon to start looking, but... I needs it. It's my first Christmas outside of Sweden and I need some familiarity to keep me happy.

I'm reading good things about "World Market" which I noticed is available in some Bed Bath and Beyond stores. They have Glögg and Pepparkakor!

Eh. It's the best thing around. It works, but it is far from great (much like a bunch of other IKEA brand candy/food/etc).

That said, they do have a good deal of nice stuff at the local IKEA in Pittsburgh at least. Prinskorv. Lax and hovmästarsås. Lingonsylt. Stuff like that. I also hear that they have Aladdin boxes of chocolate, hopefully we'll be going there this weekend.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi everyone

Do we need to front load our application for K1 Visa?

we already approved and the visa interview will be in stockholm and we are a lit bit worried because we didn't front load our petition , only passport's stamps for our our trips , receipts with names on it , pix , boarding passes , life insurance and medical insurance with my fiance's name on it as a 100% beneficiary

Do you think it is enough for stockholm embassy?

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You don't need to front load for Stockholm, that is mostly for Nigeria and other high fraud countries.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

Thank you so much for your answer , I was afraid that evidences that we sent with I129f will not be enough to the embassy in stockholm to approve the k1 visa

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you so much for your answer , I was afraid that evidences that we sent with I129f will not be enough to the embassy in stockholm to approve the k1 visa

I don't know if they're stricter with Norway than with Sweden, but I'd assume not. You already have more evidence than we used, and ours got approved without any issues. Good luck! :)

I passed my road test! Just a few weeks away from having an offical American driver's license to show when people ask for ID. Finally I won't have to drag my passport around with me everywhere I go. Hell, I'm 30, you'd think that people would believe me when I say I'm old enough to drink. :P

Entered on a K1 Visa, now a proud holder of a ten-year Green Card!

K1

NOA 1: 2013-08-05

NOA 2: 2013-10-03

Interview: 2013-11-14 (Approved right away!)

US Entry: 2013-12-28

AOS

NOA 1: 2014-03-14

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2015-01-21

ROC

NOA 1: 2016-10-25

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2017-09-18

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ooh, forgot to mention that I sent my package in last week and got a notice today saying they'd received my application to remove the conditional status of my residency, or something like that.

I'm a little confused, I thought I read somewhere that you get a sticker or something to put on your green card to show your residency has been extended for a year?

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I was wondering if anyone knew where Visajourney gets it's processing times updates from? I went to the USCIS website to check on current processing times for the Texas Service Center (we filed our petition for a K1 on 17 June 2014), and it says the filling date of the last application they completed is 5 April 2014, so they're very much delayed :( However, Visajourney says the Texas Service Center is currently processing petitions with NOA1 dates as of 9 August 2014 (ours was 23 June 2014). How can this be? I see the USCIS website that shows processing times was last updated on 30 September 2014, but when I called them they said these are the latest processing times.

On top of that, I haven't been able to access my case updates online for well over a week due to a technical problem with the system. The USCIS representative I talked to on the phone said she couldn't access any more info than I could, so she couldn't give me any updates on my case. This is so frustrating... Anyone had the same problem?

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I was wondering if anyone knew where Visajourney gets it's processing times updates from? I went to the USCIS website to check on current processing times for the Texas Service Center (we filed our petition for a K1 on 17 June 2014), and it says the filling date of the last application they completed is 5 April 2014, so they're very much delayed :( However, Visajourney says the Texas Service Center is currently processing petitions with NOA1 dates as of 9 August 2014 (ours was 23 June 2014). How can this be? I see the USCIS website that shows processing times was last updated on 30 September 2014, but when I called them they said these are the latest processing times.

It is just based on people who've filled in their timelines. Expedites and fluke cases tend to throw it off in the early stages. There isn't much you can do about it.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I would very much not worry about this with how common it is for women in America not to work. It might bother you on some level, but you won't be judged for it at all. Plus, it isn't really financially necessary for both people to work, depending on your living situation.

In some ways, I think maybe it will be a good cultural transition to America to not be so independent even if for just a couple of months. It is hard to make generalizations, but there are a fair number of American women (myself included) who grew up with the notion that we'd rely on our husbands and not be financially independent. So a tiny short walk in our shoes? I know for me, the hardest part about culturally assimilating in Denmark or even acceptance was the opposite of this issue, I couldn't get past feeling pressured to work and feeling judged for being a stay at home mom.

Yes, you're right, it's a transition, but not the worst thing in the world. It's just that I'm finding it very very hard, but I try to adjust and not think to much about it. It's hard though to hear about your friends enjoying their jobs, learning new skills and even getting promoted while you're just sitting at home, trying to keep busy, but letting all those years of college education and unpaid internships go to waste (I'm being a bit dramatic, I know, it's just how it feels right now).

On a different note, my mom was a stay-at-home mom, and I think that's one of the reasons why I and my sisters had such a fantastic childhood and made such strong bonds with our parents. I'm very grateful that she could be so present in our lives from a very early age.

I think it's a shame that you felt pressured into working when you were living in Denmark; it should always be an individual choice, and a stay-at-home mom gives just as many valuable contributions to society and her kids as a working mom.

It is just based on people who've filled in their timelines. Expedites and fluke cases tend to throw it off in the early stages. There isn't much you can do about it.

Ok, thanks so much. I'll just be patient then :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Well, I just had to call USCIS to put in a service request. I got a letter stating that we had an interview waiver (but can't find said letter right now, and I'm normally super organized! So upset with myself) and it's been 6 months with nothing since then. It's getting frustrating just to wait, and to top it off, I'm pregnant (yay!) so we'd like to have the peace of mind that a Green Card would give. My EAD/AP was approved right away so I don't know what this delay is about. :(

Everything else is going well. My father and his wife came to visit in September, and my mom is coming for the second time in two weeks. It was odd to celebrate Christmas away from everyone, but my in-laws are great and made me feel at home! I also went to the Swedish yule tide festival organized by SWEA in Boston and it was a great time. Saw Lucia-tåg, bought some Swedish food... Very nice. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

K1

AOS

Interview waived!

ROC

Interview waived!

Timeline

Well, I just had to call USCIS to put in a service request. I got a letter stating that we had an interview waiver (but can't find said letter right now, and I'm normally super organized! So upset with myself) and it's been 6 months with nothing since then. It's getting frustrating just to wait, and to top it off, I'm pregnant (yay!) so we'd like to have the peace of mind that a Green Card would give. My EAD/AP was approved right away so I don't know what this delay is about. :(

Waiting sucks, but your I-129F was approved really quickly, so that might be part of the backlog on the AOS cases. Congrats on the pregnancy! After 2 years of trying, I'm going to be 6 months preggo on Friday.

We file for ROC soon and I think I have everything ready, we have a ton of evidence, and I'm really hoping we don't have to go in for an interview because it is really far away (so is the biometrics).

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Waiting sucks, but your I-129F was approved really quickly, so that might be part of the backlog on the AOS cases. Congrats on the pregnancy! After 2 years of trying, I'm going to be 6 months preggo on Friday.

We file for ROC soon and I think I have everything ready, we have a ton of evidence, and I'm really hoping we don't have to go in for an interview because it is really far away (so is the biometrics).

Yeah, we were lucky and done with the K1 in four months I think, so I can accept having to wait a bit longer. It's just frustrating, plus it'd make traveling back and forth a bit easier. I just want to make sure they haven't lost our application! :P

Congrats on your kid as well! It took us a while too. I'd think a kid on the way is more than enough proof that you're actually a couple!

K1

AOS

Interview waived!

ROC

Interview waived!

You don't need to front load for Stockholm, that is mostly for Nigeria and other high fraud countries.

Stockholm has about the same burden of proof as the USCIS service centers it seems like. Meaning, very low burden of proof. While not front-loading the petition in a 3rd world country can have you denied as soon as you say "Hi", Stockholm won't do that. If you're worried that your I-130 wasn't loaded enough, just bring whatever you can to the interview. You will be fine.

Ooh, forgot to mention that I sent my package in last week and got a notice today saying they'd received my application to remove the conditional status of my residency, or something like that.

I'm a little confused, I thought I read somewhere that you get a sticker or something to put on your green card to show your residency has been extended for a year?

Long time no see/read Bork!

Got my NOA1 for ROC on December 1st. Still no biometric appointment letter.. Strange..

As far as a sticker, no. You can get a stamp at your local CIS office at an InfoPass, but you don't really need it. The NOA1 letter acts as valid proof of your permanent resident status until the 10 year card arrives in the mail.

Waiting sucks indeed. Hi again Nola!

Timeline

Hej alla.. Inga Skandinavier i phoenix? Känner mig väldigt ensam svensk här:) haha

2014-05-12: I 129f sent to Dallas lock box

2014-05-21: Noa1, application sent to California Service Center

2014-05-23: Alien registration number was change

2014-06-12: Noa2 by text and email (22 days)

2014-06-16: Noa 2 hardcopy

2014-07-03: E-mail from Embassy with package 3

2014-07-16: Medical exam

2014-08-14: visa interview

2014-08-14: RFE

2014-08-20: RFE sent

2014-09-14: RFE came back in mail

2014-09-25: RFE sent again

2014-10-07: Approved!!!

2014-10-09: visa in hand!

2014-11-13: Daughters crba and us passport in hand

2014-12-09: POE Phoenix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.