6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We have received our date for our AOS interview (August 24th) and are starting to make copies of documents to take with us. I can get copies made of birth certificates, marriage certificates and bank statements, etc but they also mention to bring any photographs and other evidence with us to prove our relationship is legitimate. If we take photographs and wedding cards, etc - do they keep these or should we be better making copies of everything. Thanks.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
We have received our date for our AOS interview (August 24th) and are starting to make copies of documents to take with us. I can get copies made of birth certificates, marriage certificates and bank statements, etc but they also mention to bring any photographs and other evidence with us to prove our relationship is legitimate. If we take photographs and wedding cards, etc - do they keep these or should we be better making copies of everything. Thanks.

They'll just take copies so it would be wise to make you copies so when they ask everything are ready you just going to hand copies for them. Good luck!

11-1999---Meet in Taiwan

08-2002---Wedding in Philippines

10-2003---Enter U.S.A.

07-2006---10 yrs Green Card

11-2010---Proud to be U.S. Citizen :joy:

12 Yrs Married and counting (L) (L) (L)

IR5 (Mother)

01-16-2014---I130 Sent

01-21-2014---NOA1 Recv

02-22-2014---RFE Recv

02-27-2014---RFE Docs Sent

03-14-2014---I130 Approved

03-20-2013---Case Shipped to NVC

03-21-2014---NOA2 Approval Recv

04-01-2014---NVC Recv Approved Papers

04-30-2014---Sent email request to NVC for expedited process

04-30-2014---Case # and Invoice ID # assigned

05-02-2014---Recv NVC email asking for foreign contact # to complete expedited request

05-05-2014---DS 261 available and completed

05-07-2014---AOS show up payable and paid

05-09-2014---AOS Paid (shows processed 5/08/2014)

05-09-2014---Case Sent To US Embassy, Manila

05-11-2014---DS-260 Completed Online

05-12-2014---Case is READY!

06-25-2014---Medical Exam done in one day but ask to come back for Sputum test

07-07-2014---Interview Schedule @ 6:30AM Cancelled due to sputum test

07-08-2014---to 7-10-2014 (3 days Sputum Test) Negative result

09-09-2014---Sputum Final Result: (PASSED!!! 9-08-14 )

09-16-2014---Interview (221(g) for NBI a.k.a. name, I864 Orig. Signature & NSO verification)

09-25-2014---Documents sent via 2go

09-29-2014---221g documents delivered. & signed by L. Bernardino

09-30-2014---and 10-01-2014,Touched but still on AP

10-07-2014---Email sent to USEM

10-15-2014---Called USEM

10-16-2014---Sent Fax to USEM of approved expedited letter from U.S. Embassy General

10-21-2014---Touched but still on AP

10-22-2014---Visa Issued :joy:

"It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I believe it depends on the office. I guess to be on the safe nice, make copies.

Also, I noticed on your timeline, that you filed your AOS in December of 2005. Is this correct? If so, it seems that the Orlando office has really picked up the pace.

Best wishes for your interview.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Some interviewers keep a few photos.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Also, I noticed on your timeline, that you filed your AOS in December of 2005. Is this correct? If so, it seems that the Orlando office has really picked up the pace.

I was really surprised to get our interview date so quickly. I had been told by others that I could wait 2 years to hear from them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I believe it depends on the office. I guess to be on the safe nice, make copies.

Best wishes for your interview.

Mine was filed in Dec 05 with a receipt date of Jan 13th 06 in Orlando too and I just got my interview date for Aug 28th, 2006. I was surprised because Orlando had a HUGE backlog a few months back and it looked like it was going to take 2years+....

I hope they continue to keep things moving !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.