gooberlove

interview notice

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all,

My husband is the US citizen. We are done with NVC. He got via email my interview date 10 days ago. But I still haven't received anything by regular mail. Is it normal? Am I supposed to receive something via regular mail?

Thanks to all and good luck.

NOA1: 8/8/2008

NOA2: 12/30/2008

Interview: 01/04/2009 Passed

POE: 08/2009

Removal of Conditions: filed July 2011

Biometrics: September 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since you filed for a CR1/IR1 visa, then the NVC should be sending you both, your husband and you, packet 4. This packet contains all info related not only to the interview but what other documents if any you need to bring with you to the embassy, it will also include medical and lab info that you may need.

So if you haven't received anything it will be a good idea to first of all find out if the case was already sent to the embassy and when will you be receiving packet 4.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hello all,

My husband is the US citizen. We are done with NVC. He got via email my interview date 10 days ago. But I still haven't received anything by regular mail. Is it normal? Am I supposed to receive something via regular mail?

NVC only sends interview letter via e-mail, this is new thing they have started. No more snail mail.

Best of luck!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That's right, NVC is trying to be green (and save money on paper, ink, and posted)!!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think the petitioner(US) will only get the interview letter via email. Within the interview letter there is a link to the embassy with the packet 4 instructions on what to do next like medical, courier fee, documents, etc. Possibly once the the embassy receives the packet from nvc the beneficiary may get the instructions via regular mail also.

Hello all,

Edited by robbyrob

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks to all for your answers.

I am gonna get to work for this interview, trying to gather all the papers.

Thanks again for reassurance and good luck to all.

NOA1: 8/8/2008

NOA2: 12/30/2008

Interview: 01/04/2009 Passed

POE: 08/2009

Removal of Conditions: filed July 2011

Biometrics: September 2011

Hello all,

My wife and I both received the interview letters from USEM via e-mail. NVC is trying to minimize the use of snail mail if e-mail is faster. NVC soon to be changing to e-mail correspondence. REMEMBER NVC use to send us the bills for AOS and IV bill and then you have to send it back via snail mail? Now you can pay those online which saves you 10 days in processing time. ONCE NVC converts everything to electronically, it will be alot faster and some of those NVC staffers can get lay off...hehe!

I think the petitioner(US) will only get the interview letter via email. Within the interview letter there is a link to the embassy with the packet 4 instructions on what to do next like medical, courier fee, documents, etc. Possibly once the the embassy receives the packet from nvc the beneficiary may get the instructions via regular mail also.

Hello all,

@ ROB..

My wife and I both received the e mail for the interview instructions. They e-mail to my wife and CC to me... the PRINT of that email is good enough to go to the medical and interview.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

[/quote

DID YOUR PATNER NEED ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION WHEN WENT TO INTERVIEW OR JUST THE PASSPORT AND MEDICAL.?/

DORIAN.

Hello all,

DID YOUR PATNER NEED ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION WHEN WENT TO INTERVIEW OR JUST THE PASSPORT AND MEDICAL.?/

DORIAN.

Hi Doriancito,

Myself and a few other VJs on another thread are desperately waiting to hear about our interview dates. To help us calculate an estimate, can you advise what date your husband received the email advising of interview date, and what date your interview is on? Did the email come from NVC or consulate? And are you going for CR1/IR1?

Hope you can advise.

Cheers,

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.