Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
hey missy.... i am confused about your k1... wedding and Lars going back to Congo and how you are going to do that?

Again, I was in the car, read this and started to just call and explain.....gotta get my head on straight!

Our plan, if things work out, is this:

Civil ceremony on the 16th of November; file for AOS that day; after receipt of AOS NOA1, schedule infopass appointment in New Orleans and give them documents from his employer stating he has to return to work on December 6th, but will return to the states in 90 days, so he isn't abandoning his domicile here....just finishing a work contract, and ask for emergency advance parole. We will have the Episcopalian ceremony with my family on my birthday - 11/27.

I have been told - and believe me, I have researched this THOROUGHLY, that this is absolutely possible. His work schedule is the key. Due to Congo requirements, it's much like working in Russia and every 90 days he has to leave and get a new visa to be there. So, he returns here for 21 days, every 90 days and everyone is happy. ESPECIALLY ME!!! After he gets his conditional green card and doesn't need the advance parole, then I can go be with him there and then every 90 days we can take a trip somewhere else, not Mississippi!!

All of this is conditioned on him getting his visa in time for his November 15th departure. He already has his flight booked to Paris, it's just where to go from there. I'm open to suggestions from everyone - where should we go if he can't get here for November? We will start in Paris....then what? Car trip across France? Caribbean Cruise? Baltic Cruise? Seine River Cruise? C'mon people - help me out here!

I am just excited that we will get to see each other in about 75 days, no matter what!!

*I know that the Caribbean isn't in France.....we probably can't do that just because most of them start here in the states.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

You say Mississippi like it's a bad thing. :) I think the Baltic is too cold on November. The med is warmer especially if you do the southern one which goes to the canary islands.

Wow, what a plan! Now I understand.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
You say Mississippi like it's a bad thing. :) I think the Baltic is too cold on November. The med is warmer especially if you do the southern one which goes to the canary islands.

Wow, what a plan! Now I understand.

Baltic is to cold even in August

Timeline

Personally, me.....south Pacific!! Fiji. It just feels good saying it. Say it with me....Fiji.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fiji

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Here's the latest (since I'm sure you're all just dying to know)...

I called NVC tonight, just as I did last night and will probably do every night until our petition is sent on to Seoul. :lol:

It arrived there late in the day on Monday, 8/31—I say that because it hadn't arrived in the afternoon when I first called, but they had it when I called around 10:30 that night.

As of tonight, it's still there :crying: but they asked for Elisha's email address, which is a good sign. Seoul sends out Packet 3 by email, and as there's no place on the I-129F petition to provide the beneficiary's email address, they didn't have it yet. I also got her consulate case number. :thumbs:

Still no NOA2 hardcopy, but that's not entirely unexpected.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
Here's the latest (since I'm sure you're all just dying to know)...

I called NVC tonight, just as I did last night and will probably do every night until our petition is sent on to Seoul. :lol:

It arrived there late in the day on Monday, 8/31—I say that because it hadn't arrived in the afternoon when I first called, but they had it when I called around 10:30 that night.

As of tonight, it's still there :crying: but they asked for Elisha's email address, which is a good sign. Seoul sends out Packet 3 by email, and as there's no place on the I-129F petition to provide the beneficiary's email address, they didn't have it yet. I also got her consulate case number. :thumbs:

Still no NOA2 hardcopy, but that's not entirely unexpected.

Good to see the case is progressing for you! It'll be off to Seoul in no time.

Last time I tried to call NVC is was busy (5+ calls). I'll try again tomorrow. Hope to get our case off to Moscow soon as well. Will be awhile for the interview after that, so I want to get it started asap!

My NOA2 Hardcopy took 8 days to arrive. So you should see it soon, this week for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi,

Just a quick update. On the 26th, I finally received packet 3. It was just a letter saying, go to the website and download the forms.....

I have assembled packet 3 and ready to send it tomorrow. ( I am still not 100% sure if I answered everything correctly)...

Then I have to send the Documents check list once I have everything ready(need to translate documents, and affidavit of support)

Hopefully I can have the interview by October.

Let me tell you something: I think the easy part was waiting for the NOA2, all this paperwork is driving me crazy.

Do you need some help with the forms?

Well from what I understood, I am sending DS-230 part I 156, 156k and 157. I then have to send the check list once i have all the documentation ready.

In DS230 it asks you to list all the entries to the USA.

I do not have my old passport, so I cannot list all. So I wrote the recent ones, and then I put that from 1999 to 2003m, i entered multiple times under b1-f1 and h1

I hope they do not get picky.....but thye approved me on all the previous visas, so I am ssuming that thye know that I did all legal. (Never overstay etc)

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline
Well from what I understood, I am sending DS-230 part I 156, 156k and 157. I then have to send the check list once i have all the documentation ready.

In DS230 it asks you to list all the entries to the USA.

I do not have my old passport, so I cannot list all. So I wrote the recent ones, and then I put that from 1999 to 2003m, i entered multiple times under b1-f1 and h1

I hope they do not get picky.....but thye approved me on all the previous visas, so I am ssuming that thye know that I did all legal. (Never overstay etc)

For the embassy in Warsaw we only send back the 230 part 1 and the checklist that we have everything ready. we bring the others with us, if I am not mistaken. I cant imagine that they would get too picky on your entries into the US. Do you have the affidavit of support and tax returns and additional proof of ongoing relationship?

I think you are all set...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
Heads up everyone! :thumbs:

I just called the USCIS this morning and got to talk to a very nice agent (amazing). He said that as of today 9-2-09 the Vermont Service Center is currently processing the 129F applications received on March 5, 2009.

I guess it wont be long now....

Yes, but as you can clearly tell from Igor's list,they are actually approving MAY couple already!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Heads up everyone! :thumbs:

I just called the USCIS this morning and got to talk to a very nice agent (amazing). He said that as of today 9-2-09 the Vermont Service Center is currently processing the 129F applications received on March 5, 2009.

I guess it wont be long now....

Welcome to the March family, johnandruby!

As for that March 5 date that NCSC gives out, it's a load of hooey. Did you get that after escalating to a Tier II agent? As of last week (when I was calling obsessively), Tier I CSRs were telling people 5 months (as currently listed on the USCIS website), while Tier II agents were saying March 5th.

March 5th may be the oldest application they haven't done anything on... but to say they're "currently processing applications filed on March 5th" is utter nonsense. Take a look at Igor's List for Vermont.. The bulk of the approvals so far this week (8 of 13) have been May filers. I won't go into detail on the theory as to why this is the case, I'll just state a simple fact: it sucks that they're leaving March (and now April) filers hanging while they artificially pad their stats by cherry-picking cases.

Anyway, you are well outside the current processing time of 5 months as listed on the USCIS website. I would suggest calling and politely insisting that they initiate a service referral request. Make sure you take down the referral number, as well as the name and ID number of the agent with whom you speak. This might also be a good time to get your congressman or senator involved.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
As for that March 5 date that NCSC gives out, it's a load of hooey.

I knew there was a southerner lurking in there!!!

And, that's so true. I quit calling just because I am sick of hearing that. They are half done with April and well into May now. :wow:

edited to add:

....and THIS is driving me crazy!

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 26, 2009 and September 10, 2009* (RFEs at the Vermont Service Center typically add an extra 17 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

Edited by missmissy

Timeline
As for that March 5 date that NCSC gives out, it's a load of hooey.

I knew there was a southerner lurking in there!!!

And, that's so true. I quit calling just because I am sick of hearing that. They are half done with April and well into May now. :wow:

edited to add:

....and THIS is driving me crazy!

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 26, 2009 and September 10, 2009* (RFEs at the Vermont Service Center typically add an extra 17 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

BREATHE Missy! Breathe!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.