Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey y'all..... I am composing a letter to my Congressman and could use some help crafting, editing.... here is the link... all critics welcome :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3245611

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
Hey y'all..... I am composing a letter to my Congressman and could use some help crafting, editing.... here is the link... all critics welcome :)

Looks good Richard. It never hurts to get your name & case out there a bit more. Hopefully they'll actually look at it and not just push it aside like so many others.

It won't be long though! I think what is really frustrating (and what I tried to ignore) was seeing so many April filers get approved. Not just a few, but the majority seem to be April now, and have been or a week or two. This is what I don't understand, though I don't know if we can really ever understand how USCIS works.

It will happen, you will be approved. Hang in there just a bit longer! :thumbs:

Timeline

Looks good Richard. It never hurts to get your name & case out there a bit more. Hopefully they'll actually look at it and not just push it aside like so many others.

It won't be long though! I think what is really frustrating (and what I tried to ignore) was seeing so many April filers get approved. Not just a few, but the majority seem to be April now, and have been or a week or two. This is what I don't understand, though I don't know if we can really ever understand how USCIS works.

It will happen, you will be approved. Hang in there just a bit longer! :thumbs:

Agreed Dgard... and I am reasonably sure that my service request and my letter to my Congressman will not be useful... I mean I suspect we will be approved before anything can get done on either of these fronts. The real purpose behind (at least my letter) is for the greater good of everyone... to get someone to stand up and take notice of the disparity and injustice of this process... and make some changes... So, I am beating my chest and maybe in vain... but I have to do something.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok... so here ya go...

Spoke to a very polite young woman by the name of Chastity... how could not provide ANY info... other than what is on the website and refused to put in a service request since they are currently processing March 5th files. grrrrrrrrrrrr... Said ok... Chastity, please connect me to the an officer at the USCIS which she was reluctant but ultimately did do.

Spoke to an Officer at the USCIS how asked me a bunch more information... pulled up the file and said that I was still inside the processing time line. I told this officer that according to the press release dated August 6th 2009, at 5 months 1 day that I was within my rights to submit a service request. The officer did not argue and filed a service request and gave me a referral number. After completing the referral, he said that it generally takes 2 weeks for a response and asked if there was anything else he could do. To which I said, sure, if you dont mind me venting.... I went over the appearance of all the April approvals, blah, blah, blah... he didn't have any insight as to why and said that the 5 month time line was in his opinion highly optimist....

Bottom line... I got no real insight but was allowed to enter a service request.

I feel slightly better... but am not holding my breath..

Arabella... CALL them and do the same... :)

I'm glad you feel better and I agree - Arabella, CALL DAMMIT!!

If it takes two weeks for a service request, surely you will have heard something before then, right???? Maybe it's time to start nagging the senators in your state again. This is the most frustrating and aggravating, ulcer causing experience EVER!!!

Um, what exactly do yo usay when you call a senator? I feel pretty intimidated about going that far up the food chain.

Folks, don't feel intimidated - the Senators themselves barely even know you do this. They have aides on staff whose JOB it is to help constituents deal with different (problematic) interactions with the federal government. You will have to file a form giving them permission to do so (basically for privacy protection reasons), then they should make a request to the USCIS. *Usually* they pay attention to these requests and will respond reasonably quickly, but often you get back the same ####### for answers (you are in normal processing time, we are working on your case so wait more, etc). Keep using them to push to get an answer.

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Timeline
letter faxed to the congressman's office

Hoping you receive a quick response! :thumbs:

Thanks buddy... here is the rest of the letter for those who have interest... (I.E. Arabella!!!!)

Tina, it is incredibly frustrating being in the process and watching the disparity of the approvals between the service centers and being forced to use Vermont because of my place of domicile. It is further very aggravating to see people that have not waited nearly as long getting approved while I am helpless to do anything but watch. I originally contacted your office for help in this process and I do greatly appreciate your attention and efforts, the replies that you get from the USCIS are basically the exact same information we can get off the web or are just a standardized form letter responding to your inquiry. This leads me to a question… WHO do I have to contact that has some pull within the USCIS?

When you call the USCIS they deny any approvals in April and if they say, if there are April approvals then they must have been expedites, which they are not. The call center is absolutely useless, they read scripts and only tell you what is on the USCIS website. This whole process is broken and in dire need of repair. In the age we live in with all the wonders of technology at our finger tips… it is amazing this process takes as long as it does. Can you imagine if it took 6 months to get a mortgage or children in school or similar things in everyday life?

The National Visa Center along with the US Embassy in Warsaw have been very helpful and responsive to the questions and requests I have made in the preparation of our application and even my request for an expedited interview for Joanna so that we could try to get the children in school here in a timely manner.

Please, try and twist someone’s arm and have them look at my application and in the big picture, please make an effort to bring immigration into the 21st century.

Thank you for your kind assistance,

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Richard, when you prepared your attachments detailing all these April approvals, did you just use straight printouts from VisaJourney.com (Igor's List) or did you take the info and reformat it?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Richard, when you prepared your attachments detailing all these April approvals, did you just use straight printouts from VisaJourney.com (Igor's List) or did you take the info and reformat it?

I basically used http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...ll&dfile=No with a little editing to make my points.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
letter faxed to the congressman's office

Hoping you receive a quick response! :thumbs:

Thanks buddy... here is the rest of the letter for those who have interest... (I.E. Arabella!!!!)

Tina, it is incredibly frustrating being in the process and watching the disparity of the approvals between the service centers and being forced to use Vermont because of my place of domicile. It is further very aggravating to see people that have not waited nearly as long getting approved while I am helpless to do anything but watch. I originally contacted your office for help in this process and I do greatly appreciate your attention and efforts, the replies that you get from the USCIS are basically the exact same information we can get off the web or are just a standardized form letter responding to your inquiry. This leads me to a question… WHO do I have to contact that has some pull within the USCIS?

When you call the USCIS they deny any approvals in April and if they say, if there are April approvals then they must have been expedites, which they are not. The call center is absolutely useless, they read scripts and only tell you what is on the USCIS website. This whole process is broken and in dire need of repair. In the age we live in with all the wonders of technology at our finger tips… it is amazing this process takes as long as it does. Can you imagine if it took 6 months to get a mortgage or children in school or similar things in everyday life?

The National Visa Center along with the US Embassy in Warsaw have been very helpful and responsive to the questions and requests I have made in the preparation of our application and even my request for an expedited interview for Joanna so that we could try to get the children in school here in a timely manner.

Please, try and twist someone’s arm and have them look at my application and in the big picture, please make an effort to bring immigration into the 21st century.

Thank you for your kind assistance,

Nice job Richard. Let us know if they say anything!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

I basically used http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...ll&dfile=No with a little editing to make my points.

Ah, cool. I forgot you could do those reports. I'm already starting to think about my Friday morning hell-raising letter to the congressman's office.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Ah, cool. I forgot you could do those reports. I'm already starting to think about my Friday morning hell-raising letter to the congressman's office.

You go BOY! with any luck whatsoever, you wont even need to make that call!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

I hope not—but the way I figure it, if I don't prepare anything for Friday morning, I'll won't have heard anything. If I put in a lot of time on a carefully-crafted letter with lots of supporting evidence, I won't need it. :blink:

Timeline

I hope not—but the way I figure it, if I don't prepare anything for Friday morning, I'll won't have heard anything. If I put in a lot of time on a carefully-crafted letter with lots of supporting evidence, I won't need it. :blink:

Yeppers... I understand... better to be prepared and not need it than vice versa

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.