Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning everyone! Hope you get that RFE today Missy....Hope to see some more approvals today too...keeps me hopeful! lol

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Brothers and Sisters!!!!

I hope everything be good for everyone, Congrats for those who got the NOA2!!!

I have something to share with you, a friend yesterday told me this:

"What you may not know & they dont tell you (uscis) is you can file a " motion to reconsider". The fee for this is zero.

A motion is simply a letter explaining you are asking them to look at the case again because you left out some important evidence that would effect the decision they made in the case. Attach to the letter a copy of the denial. Send copies of all evidence you should have, would have sent before. Make sure that info has your case number & his SS number on it."

What you think?

Have a great day my VJ family!!! love you all!!!

Linda :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

"What you may not know & they dont tell you (uscis) is you can file a " motion to reconsider". The fee for this is zero.

A motion is simply a letter explaining you are asking them to look at the case again because you left out some important evidence that would effect the decision they made in the case. Attach to the letter a copy of the denial. Send copies of all evidence you should have, would have sent before. Make sure that info has your case number & his SS number on it."

What you think?

Linda,

They way that I read the USCIS page and what I concluded was to file the motion to re-open and reconsider... but I thought I read it still cost $585. I still am of the belief that doing this is the best solution... but again, I am not an attorney. If you are planning on refiling... it doesnt hurt you to try it your way... also mentioning (like I said before) that your file should have 1) been sent back to you in the beginning or 2) been sent an RFE... all you have to lose in trying it your way is the 33 day window in which you have to file the motion.... since you were going to refile a 129F, then I dont see how it hurts you in any way.

good luck sweetie!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

What you think?

That sounds like some key advice! I would make sure that before you file the "motion to reconsider" that you are positive that you have everything required. It would be heartbreaking (even moreso than now) to have sent it off, thinking you had everything correct, only to remember one last important piece of information.

Looks like this is going in the right direction for you! :thumbs:

Timeline

Linda...

this from the USCIS website.

"you must file the notice of appeal on Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Administrative Appeal Office. The appeal must be filed with the office that made the original decision. You may file an explanation in support of your appeal. You must include the required fee. If you require a fee waiver, please see fee waiver request procedures and the USCIS fee waiver policy memorandum. You can open any of the Forms I-290B or G-28 by navigating to the Related Links section in the upper right corner of this page. Forms are also available by calling 1-800-870-3676 to request printed copies by mail."

you can file a motion (with explanation) include ALL the evidence and also a request to waiver the fee... the waiver of the fee in my opinion is because of #1 and #2 that I previously wrote above.

Remember only the US citizen can file this...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

What you think?

Linda,

They way that I read the USCIS page and what I concluded was to file the motion to re-open and reconsider... but I thought I read it still cost $585. I still am of the belief that doing this is the best solution... but again, I am not an attorney. If you are planning on refiling... it doesnt hurt you to try it your way... also mentioning (like I said before) that your file should have 1) been sent back to you in the beginning or 2) been sent an RFE... all you have to lose in trying it your way is the 33 day window in which you have to file the motion.... since you were going to refile a 129F, then I dont see how it hurts you in any way.

good luck sweetie!

+1 :thumbs:

PM me if you'd like any help with your letter :yes:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I called NVC on the off chance that they had my petition.

They don't.

Oh well! Guess I'll just keep refreshing that :ranting: CRIS page at USCIS! :lol:

Stephen + Elisha,

Did you speak to a person at NVC? (push 5) Because even though our file was there for two weeks it never showed up in the automated system. When I asked if I would be able to check it from the automated line they said "no, because 129fs move through NVC so quickly they don’t put them in the system." I called three times and spoke to a person each time. The first two told me it had already been sent to the embassy and then said...uh, oh, no...it is going through Additional Processing with “no time frame for release.” Fortunately they got it through and out in two weeks during which time I was trying to think of all the reasons that the FBI might have a record on me… : :innocent:

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Yes, I spoke with a person. I gave them my USCIS receipt number (EAC09...) and she said they didn't have it. Thanks for the tip though!

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Fast update here - my Senator's case worker emailed me and told me that he resubmitted the documents that USCIS is asking for. He did it this morning. Of course, I am not counting on that working or anything but I have EVERYTHING crossed!! I was thrilled that he did it!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Fast update here - my Senator's case worker emailed me and told me that he resubmitted the documents that USCIS is asking for. He did it this morning. Of course, I am not counting on that working or anything but I have EVERYTHING crossed!! I was thrilled that he did it!

When did he do that? maybe that was why the new touch? I know that the congressmen and senators have email access to them!!! so maybe??

fingers and toes crossed for you

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

That's good news. How soon would you know if they received the documents? Or do you just have to wait a bit?

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think that the touch yesterday was in response to the request that I wrote ya'll about yesterday - when I called and asked the Senator to see if they actually had the documents that we sent in with the request for an expedite. So, this morning he wrote and asked me to send him the documents again then wrote again about 5 minutes later saying never mind, he found his copies and had sent them on in to his contact there.

I guess it will take a day or two to work through the system, if it's going to work through.

Like I said (and I am lying) I am NOT counting on this amounting to anything but.......it would save some time for us if it did work. I still have my fedex ready to go but wouldn't it be fantastic if this actually worked???

Now, I have got a ton of work to do!!! Stan, when are you coming home??

Edited by missmissy

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Richard, Stephen, Degard:

Guys you are the best!!!!

I love that you are always present in my journey, I apreciate so much your advices, comments, words... your support but most of all your friendship...

I know why your girls are in love with you...

Linda

smiley.gif

Is Thomas still planning on being there tomorrow?

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.