Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Damn pop, you were so close! What a pain in the a$$. They must have changed the procedures or something, maybe getting stricter with immigrants since I went? But hopefully, you will get something in the mail within a few weeks and it's good news! You'll probably get your damn GC before you hear back from them.... I wonder if you had a GC would they give you a DL on the spot

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline
Here's my vent.

I just got laid off (ok, not completely) but cut back to just 8HRS a week!

:( I'm sorry, J&K. (F)

But just in case anyone asks....I was never here..... HAHA!

:lol:

I don't blame you for being upset. I'd be frustrated too. But the SAVE verification is pretty normal, and really not that big a deal. You'll receive your letter in no time. Patience, Grasshoppah. :star:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Pops- I had to go three times too! But it was because I couldn't pass the written test the first two times! haha

Every time I went was hours of waiting though and now I've gotta go again in a few months because it expires while I wait for my 10 green card.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Actually (not a vent but a sharing of frustration about the SAVE system), I went to update my SSN today with my citizenship certificate as we were told to do that asap after citizenship, and before we applied for a passport since I need to send the certificate off with the passport application. I wait about half an hour ( not too bad, actually), go up, hand in the application, my ID and my citizenship certificate. A few minutes later she came back and said that they will have to hold my application for 2 weeks (not the certificate, fortunately) because the SAVE system hasn't been updated yet with my citizenship information and it generally takes about 2 weeks, so even though they have the certificate, it isn't good enough until they can verify the information with immigration. And, even though I'm 'done' with immigration, I'm still not yet done. She said I would receive my new card about 10 days after they submit the information in two weeks. Don't know why I need a new card - nothing wrong with the one I have and it isn't restricted. Oh well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

What is the SAVE system? I've never heard of it before today

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
What is the SAVE system? I've never heard of it before today

It's USCIS's system to verify an immigrant's status.

Here is the official description in USCISinese (read...big yawn) link

SAVE Verification Process

The SAVE Program provides an electronic verification process through an online system and a paper-based verification process through the Form G-845, Document Verification Request.

Electronic Verification Process

The following is an overview of the verification process using the electronic process.

Initial Verification

First Step - The agency submits a query using information contained in the document provided by the applicant.

- System Response: The system returns the applicant’s current immigration status or a message prompting the agency to “Institute Additional Verification”. If the status is confirmed, the verification process is complete. If the status is not confirmed, the process continues on to additional verification.

- Response Time: A response is generally returned within 3-5 seconds.

Timeline

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the link!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
Actually (not a vent but a sharing of frustration about the SAVE system), I went to update my SSN today with my citizenship certificate as we were told to do that asap after citizenship, and before we applied for a passport since I need to send the certificate off with the passport application. I wait about half an hour ( not too bad, actually), go up, hand in the application, my ID and my citizenship certificate. A few minutes later she came back and said that they will have to hold my application for 2 weeks (not the certificate, fortunately) because the SAVE system hasn't been updated yet with my citizenship information and it generally takes about 2 weeks, so even though they have the certificate, it isn't good enough until they can verify the information with immigration. And, even though I'm 'done' with immigration, I'm still not yet done. She said I would receive my new card about 10 days after they submit the information in two weeks. Don't know why I need a new card - nothing wrong with the one I have and it isn't restricted. Oh well.

I think thats #######--as i went like the next day after my Citizenship ceremony to update my SSN info. Took all of 4 minutes!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay I bought my plane ticket online on August 6th with NorthWest..I personally enjoy nwa and Delta. So my flight is tomorrow, and I went to check in and I cannot select seats on my Delta flight from Boston to Bangor. #######...they have never oversold me before and if they do it now I'm going to sh*t.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline
Okay I bought my plane ticket online on August 6th with NorthWest..I personally enjoy nwa and Delta. So my flight is tomorrow, and I went to check in and I cannot select seats on my Delta flight from Boston to Bangor. #######...they have never oversold me before and if they do it now I'm going to sh*t.

That happened to me with NWA back in march when I flew back to Canada. I called them up and they said not to worry, I would have a seat! I cant recall the reason for it, or if I did end up being able to select a seat online, but I did have a seat!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Interesting, Flames. I did ask her specifically that even though I had the certificate that they still needed to verify and she said yes. Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. I went and applied for my passport today. They had no problems accepting the certificate - didn't even want to see my DL or anything else! She said it should be back in about 2 1/2 weeks. Hmm, wonder which one will arrive first - my US passport or my new SSN card, hehehe.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

One food item I really missed from home was Arrowroot baby cookies. You know, the yellow box with the baby on the front. They are so yummy dipped in tea! Anyhoo, Wegmans has alot of Canadian products and I happily found Arrowroot cookies there, whoohoo! Blue box, but seemed the same. So I have a blue box in my pantry, and last weekend at home I picked up a Canadian box of Arrowroot. The point of my story is, today I opened the blue box of Arrowroot and check out the ingredients and what's in them? HFCS!! In BABY COOKIES!! For pete's sake, these are for babies!! Then I compared them to the yellow box and of course, no HFCS. They are both made in Canada but the blue box is made for a US company so HFCS is put in there. I promptly tossed the blue box and opened up my yellow Arrowroot, HFCS free. Sheesh!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
Interesting, Flames. I did ask her specifically that even though I had the certificate that they still needed to verify and she said yes. Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. I went and applied for my passport today. They had no problems accepting the certificate - didn't even want to see my DL or anything else! She said it should be back in about 2 1/2 weeks. Hmm, wonder which one will arrive first - my US passport or my new SSN card, hehehe.

I just signed the form--I never got a new SSN card, dont think one does,as your SSn # stays the same

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.