Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
We did it, HE IS APPROVED!!!! :dance: (Theres is not an emoticon available for my happy dance right now)

CONGRATULATIONS!! Fantastic news :) When's he heading over? Any plans?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is Brett and I'm living on the Gold Coast. New to this whole procedure and my fiancé in Portland OR is about to post our I-129F application this week. Glad to see so many positive outcomes here and makes us feel that we should be ok unless we stupidly forget something in a package along the way. I'd just like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences on here, we've found them invaluable as well as heart-warming to see people bought together despite some interesting challenges.

Take Care,

Brett.

*Edit: Oh yeah Chris and Mara, we too met in WoW :)

Edited by Dresdyn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is Brett and I'm living on the Gold Coast. New to this whole procedure and my fiancé in Portland OR is about to post our I-129F application this week. Glad to see so many positive outcomes here and makes us feel that we should be ok unless we stupidly forget something in a package along the way. I'd just like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences on here, we've found them invaluable as well as heart-warming to see people bought together despite some interesting challenges.

Take Care,

Brett.

Hey Brett welcome to the madhouse :) I'm an ex Gold Coaster (lived in Arundel, worked in Bundall) - have been in the USA since end October so any help you need feel free to holler!

And massive congrats T&I - isnt it the most wonderful feeling in the world to hear APPROVED :dance:

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Timeline
Hi Guys,

Take Care,

Brett.

Welcome! There's some threads in my signature that should help you. The K1 beneficiaries one is a good one to read so you know when to start getting your police check and medical stuff, and what paperwork you can start working on :)

We met in Wow too btw :P Hydraxis server back in Sept 07 :)

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Take Care,

Brett.

Me and Dale met on wow too:-) Misha. I seriously think that should start doing promos for a dating service lol. my thoughts to you is to be patient. Its alot of hurry up wait and wait some more. But the people on here are heaps of help. Just cross your T's dot your I's and checks everything over many times. You guys will get it :-)

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Timeline

Hey Brett welcome to the madhouse :) I'm an ex Gold Coaster (lived in Arundel, worked in Bundall) - have been in the USA since end October so any help you need feel free to holler!

And massive congrats T&I - isnt it the most wonderful feeling in the world to hear APPROVED :dance:

Oh my, I was on the edge of my seat at work waiting for a text from him. I turned to co-worker and just had the biggest smile and said, we got it!!!! We did a quite small happy dance since we were at work.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Fantastic news :) When's he heading over? Any plans?

oh yea he's ready, bought the tickets tonight, December 17th LAX WOOT.

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Hi all! Just saying hi in the regional forum while I wait for some word from USCIS.

Oh! I do have a question though. My fiance in Australia started working on a work visa to move over.. but is now working on a K-1 visa. He got his police checks from Australia and New Zealand a couple months ago. Will he have to repeat these? Or how long are they valid for? Just wondering!

And woot.. met on Wow here, too!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline
Hi all! Just saying hi in the regional forum while I wait for some word from USCIS.

Oh! I do have a question though. My fiance in Australia started working on a work visa to move over.. but is now working on a K-1 visa. He got his police checks from Australia and New Zealand a couple months ago. Will he have to repeat these? Or how long are they valid for? Just wondering!

If the police checks were fingerprint checks and will be less than 12 months old at the time of sending them to the consulate (with P3) then you should be fine as they're usually valid for 12 months.

If they weren't fingerprint checks, then they will need to be redone. There are links to the police check info in the k1 visa link in my signature. To save time, this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206016-australian-beneficiaries-packet-3-to-interview-date/page__view__findpost__p__3116457 has the links for the doc and police checks etc. It might be an idea for him to call the doc in his state to find out how much he's looking at spending for the medical in case he needs to start saving now.

My medical was $400 including one shot, and express posting the results to me. My fingerprint police check was $131. It differs from state to state so that's why he might wanna look into it now (this way he knows what's he's expecting and he won't be delayed by trying to save the money, he has about 3 months from NOA1 to NOA2). Make sure he asks the doc how much the shots are if he needs them all.. always better to prepare for worst case scenario (or get a credit card :P)

For the medical, if he doesn't have his baby book (some councils have them or my mum had mine as well) then he will need to see a doc for a blood titre to find out what his immunities are. That's another thing he can get a jump on now. Here are the required shots: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf page 2 first table. He needs to look at his age required shots (here is the list from USCIS as the table I already linked hasn't been updated to remove HPV: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD ) Not all shots are age appropriate which is why I linked the table. I never got any Hep shots or needed to (I'm 27, 26 at the time).

Hope that helps :) You've still got a bit of time yet, but at least if he gets working on the blood titre now he can be sure to get the results for that in time for when he books his medical. Both the medical and police check (if he needs it) can be scheduled around 2 months from NOA1 so that by the time he get's P3 (around 3 months from NOA1) he should have all his paperwork filled out and ready to go... means he gets to the US (and you :P) quicker :)

**Edit - just checked your timeline. He could start working on the medical and police check stuff now if he likes, or he can wait till after Christmas, or even wait till he receives NOA2 approval :P While VJ says wait times are 5 months it isn't always the case. If he's worried about anything it will only slow you down by about a month if you wait till you get P3. Myself, i thought I started nice and early collecting stuff, my police check took WAY too long to be sent to me, same with the medical so mine was late. Another friend on here "Terri&Eric" they had their P3 stuff ready to go so she sent it either same day or the next day. Super quick return on interview too. Here's her timeline: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=75544 oh creepy! Just noticed she sent her K1 off a couple of days before you but in 2009.. so hopefully your timelines are going to be similar (wow.. 4 months from filing to K1 approval!!) :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Just a heads up that if he got the New Zealand police check by applying to the Ministry of Justice and getting a letter back its not valid for the K1 visa. I did that and the Sydney Consulate would not accept it. There is no way of getting a police check directly from New Zealand Police. You need to fill in the form provided by the Consulate and they will get it on your fiancee's behalf (they provided me with the privacy form for signing as part of Packet 3). It delayed my visa being issued by about 2 weeks - man I was annoyed lol.

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Thanks for the head's up, guys! I think I'm going to have him start on the medical stuff now. You don't need to have your NOA2 to get started on that, do you? The reason why I want him to start early is because he has a heart condition and will probably have to be referred to a cardiologist for it. I know that'll take more time, so if he starts now, he'll be sure to have it all done and reported before the interview. Right?

Spoiler

Timeline

Depends what part of Australia you're doing the medical in - I wasnt allowed to book my medical at the Brisbane Medical Centre in Anzac Square until I had my NVC assigned case number (and that isn't given until after NOA2). Not sure what other states do.

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline
Thanks for the head's up, guys! I think I'm going to have him start on the medical stuff now. You don't need to have your NOA2 to get started on that, do you? The reason why I want him to start early is because he has a heart condition and will probably have to be referred to a cardiologist for it. I know that'll take more time, so if he starts now, he'll be sure to have it all done and reported before the interview. Right?

I doubt he'd be referred to anyone because a heart condition isn't something that would exclude you... but hey, I don't know everything so it certainly couldn't hurt.

Get him to give the doc's a call and see what they say. I know in Melb there was no issue but you said Qld and Carebear was in Brissy (which is in Qld) so maybe he'll go to the same doc so the same applies.

If he does need to wait, perhaps he could get the report (whatever he has) from his cardiologist about his condition and take that to the medical with him. Then he's covered his bases and definitely needs no referral.

Oh.. FYI, not that this necessarily applies to him, but there is usually a question about drug use (like marijuana etc). If he says yes to that qn, even if it was just the once, he faces denial. You should always try and be honest but just giving you the heads up so he knows what to expect.

He's in NSW. And I know the murmur wouldn't exclude him, but when he was going for the work visa, they sent him to a cariologist just to confirm it was "harmless". So I am assuming he'll probably get the same thing this time, too.

Spoiler

Timeline
He's in NSW. And I know the murmur wouldn't exclude him, but when he was going for the work visa, they sent him to a cariologist just to confirm it was "harmless". So I am assuming he'll probably get the same thing this time, too.

Huh that's interesting... maybe a work visa is different because of employer liability? Oh well. Give the docs a call then and ***fingers crossed** he can do it now :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.