Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds like a fantastic way to spend the winter Nick, well done to you :)

I need to think about AOS...one day lol

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds like a fantastic way to spend the winter Nick, well done to you :)

I need to think about AOS...one day lol

Hey Carey, glad you are enjoying your new life in the Good Ole US of A, pouring rain here today but still enjoying it as it has kept the temps up, received my official AP in the mail Nov 9th, then my Biometrics Appt this past Saturday, so we have to travel to Charlotte, NC [roughtly 2 1/2 hrs east] for the appointment Monday December 13th at 1pm, got a text this morning to say they have RFE'd my AOS, so will just have to wait and see what extra crud they want, we sent so much stuff i cant even begin to think what more they want, was hoping AOS would go smoothly but oh well, will just have to wait and see what else they want i guess.

Got my AP in the mail the day of Dad's funeral, but have decided not to travel back to Aussie, My Mum said she is okay and will consider coming over here in the Spring, and that my Sisters were helping her, and I know My Mum i know she can cope.. its perhaps just as well i didnt go back home, as they have scheduled my Biometrics for Dec 13th as I didnt call USCIS and tell them i wasnt traveling back to Aussie after all, a friend said that may only confuse them LOL.. but at least i have my travel documents which are good until October 2011, so if anything happens after that date i guess i have to apply again?

Hope all is going well with everyone, sounds like USCIS is stepping up prior to Christmas to get as much through as they can with the speed of some of the approvals etc ive seen in the posts which is a good thing.

Would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving, be safe if traveling and enjoy your First TURKEY DAY!

Cheers Kaye :)

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Carey, glad you are enjoying your new life in the Good Ole US of A, pouring rain here today but still enjoying it as it has kept the temps up, received my official AP in the mail Nov 9th, then my Biometrics Appt this past Saturday, so we have to travel to Charlotte, NC [roughtly 2 1/2 hrs east] for the appointment Monday December 13th at 1pm, got a text this morning to say they have RFE'd my AOS, so will just have to wait and see what extra crud they want, we sent so much stuff i cant even begin to think what more they want, was hoping AOS would go smoothly but oh well, will just have to wait and see what else they want i guess.

Got my AP in the mail the day of Dad's funeral, but have decided not to travel back to Aussie, My Mum said she is okay and will consider coming over here in the Spring, and that my Sisters were helping her, and I know My Mum i know she can cope.. its perhaps just as well i didnt go back home, as they have scheduled my Biometrics for Dec 13th as I didnt call USCIS and tell them i wasnt traveling back to Aussie after all, a friend said that may only confuse them LOL.. but at least i have my travel documents which are good until October 2011, so if anything happens after that date i guess i have to apply again?

Hope all is going well with everyone, sounds like USCIS is stepping up prior to Christmas to get as much through as they can with the speed of some of the approvals etc ive seen in the posts which is a good thing.

Would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving, be safe if traveling and enjoy your First TURKEY DAY!

Hey Kaye :)

Your AP is only while AOS is processing, once you get your GC you no longer need the AP document and apparently it's "voided" and I sure hope you get your greencard before October next year!. I don't know whether that means if you try and use it it will say "invalid" but I do know it's not needed once you have your GC. Same thing with the EAD, once you get the GC it's your EAD and AP and everything rolled into one.

Re the RFE, usually it's something like the medical or I-864. So, just in case, do you have a copy of your medical from Australia? If not, are you able to call the panel physician where you got it done and ask them to forward a copy to your family (who then send it on to you). If they ask why tell them it's because of an RFE and USCIS has been losing a lot of peoples medicals and you wanted to be sure that you have a copy of yours in case they lose the original. If your panel physician doesn't have a copy or isn't willing to forward you another copy, then you might want to start looking at how much a new medical will cost you, just so you have an idea, and how much the wait time is. I'm not saying it IS the medical, but if you're prepared it's less scary.

For the i-864 it could be that you forgot something for your co-sponsor, or if you only had your man as a sponsor, you might have forgotten to send in the 1099's or something with your tax return so they need you to send an IRS transcript. Did you send returns or transcripts? If you sent returns it couldn't hurt to contact the IRS (your man will have to) and organise for them to send the last 3 years tax transcripts. Again, might not be what USCIS wants, but at least you have them 'cause sometimes it takes around 2 weeks to get stuff from the IRS and if you're like me :( they send the wrong thing so you have to apply AGAIN thus losing more time.

The only other thing could be you forgot to include a copy of something, or signed in the wrong spot. In any event you will be fine. Could even be an error! Sometimes they put "RFE" on the system and it's actually just your biometrics they're waiting on.. so **fingers crossed** for you!

Happy Thanksgiving! (p.s. Tony was asked at work how my family in Australia celebrate thanksgiving. Tony said "you mean how does her family in Australia celebrate the pilgrims landing at Plymouth rock??" the guy was like "oh.. umm.. stupid qn hey?!"

Timeline

Happy thanksgiving ladies :) Happy to see your AOS is moving along Kaye even if you did get a RFE (fingers crossed its nothing big at all!!)

I'm waiting for my marriage certificate to arrive before I can send all the paperwork off. I'm thinking of delaying it until end of December as we're off to Arizona for Xmas 18 to 28 December and I'm a little worried that if I send it off end November the biometrics appointment could be set for the time we're away.....or am I worrying unnecessarily and they're not that quick?

We have a very large turkey defrosting in the fridge, and all the condiments in the cupboard. I'm even attempting making a pecan pie so happy days to all :D

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hey everyone. just a quick update..

sent the P3 off on thursday back to the consulate, so no im just hoping for a quick interview date so ill be able to be in Oregon for Christmas. fingers crossed!

oh could anyone answer this for me... we recieved the Packet 3 via email on the 18th i believe, but i still have not recieved it in the post, do they basically just do one or the other? and does that mean i should get Packet 4 via email too?

by the way happy thanksgiving to all for a couple of days ago!

Brad.

Timeline
hey everyone. just a quick update..

sent the P3 off on thursday back to the consulate, so no im just hoping for a quick interview date so ill be able to be in Oregon for Christmas. fingers crossed!

oh could anyone answer this for me... we recieved the Packet 3 via email on the 18th i believe, but i still have not recieved it in the post, do they basically just do one or the other? and does that mean i should get Packet 4 via email too?

by the way happy thanksgiving to all for a couple of days ago!

Australia doesn't do it via mail unless there is NO email address on record so don't worry, you're not going to get anything in the mail (my then fiance received the P3 email).

You should hear sometime next week by email about your interview. The interview will probably be scheduled for around 2-3 weeks from whenever they send you that email so it looks like you MIGHT be in Oregon for Xmas... it'll be cutting it close but hopefully even the New Year... new year new life and all that :D It really depends on how many others there are, lets hope not too many!

**fingers crossed** for you!

Timeline

hey guys quick question....do you pay the fee for the visa at the post office or in Sydney?

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Timeline

hey guys quick question....do you pay the fee for the visa at the post office or in Sydney?

At the Post Office. You take the receipt with you to the interview at Sydney and hand it over with the express post envelope when asked :D

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline

At the Post Office. You take the receipt with you to the interview at Sydney and hand it over with the express post envelope when asked :D

OK, how do you pay it when there, he is arguing with me about it. What does he need to tell them or give them so that they know what he is talking about. He's driving me crazy lol. :bonk:

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Timeline

OK, how do you pay it when there, he is arguing with me about it. What does he need to tell them or give them so that they know what he is talking about. He's driving me crazy lol. :bonk:

OK,I was told to post this... "There doesnt seem to be any billing code or reference number that i can take to the post office so i CAN send any money. No barcodes... nothing"

Timeline
OK,I was told to post this... "There doesnt seem to be any billing code or reference number that i can take to the post office so i CAN send any money. No barcodes... nothing"

He needs to tell the post office "I want to pay the US non-immigrant fee please". They will (or should) know what to do. They will ask him the amount because on the computer it comes up as $0.00. So they enter the amount that he has written on his interview letter. You keep the receipt and take it to the interview. DO NOT lose it :S

** edit - if you want to be especially ####### here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206016-australian-beneficiaries-packet-3-to-interview-date/page__view__findpost__p__3191047 where I wrote my fee stuff, I wrote that it's function 828 (or something like that) on the AusPost computers. Could be my town specific, but can't hurt if he's desperate and the post office people REALLY don't know what they're doing to tell them that.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

He needs to tell the post office "I want to pay the US non-immigrant fee please". They will (or should) know what to do. They will ask him the amount because on the computer it comes up as $0.00. So they enter the amount that he has written on his interview letter. You keep the receipt and take it to the interview. DO NOT lose it :S

** edit - if you want to be especially ####### here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206016-australian-beneficiaries-packet-3-to-interview-date/page__view__findpost__p__3191047 where I wrote my fee stuff, I wrote that it's function 828 (or something like that) on the AusPost computers. Could be my town specific, but can't hurt if he's desperate and the post office people REALLY don't know what they're doing to tell them that.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. He just went and paid for it. The guy had no idea so Dale gave him the function number and had to tell him what to do lol. But it is done and paid for :thumbs:

Timeline
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. He just went and paid for it. The guy had no idea so Dale gave him the function number and had to tell him what to do lol. But it is done and paid for :thumbs:

I have to admit I'm a little shocked that worked... So he checked his receipt and it says "US Non-Immigrant Visa Fee" on it and the amount as per his interview letter right? What did the post office dude say when he told him the function number? lol. I'm seriously shocked.. I know i shouldn't be 'cause it's my post and it's my review from AGES ago.. but i'm still shocked... lol

Timeline

I have to admit I'm a little shocked that worked... So he checked his receipt and it says "US Non-Immigrant Visa Fee" on it and the amount as per his interview letter right? What did the post office dude say when he told him the function number? lol. I'm seriously shocked.. I know i shouldn't be 'cause it's my post and it's my review from AGES ago.. but i'm still shocked... lol

He said that he told the guy the function number and he was confused, and then he figured it out and said "ah non-immigrant finance visa" lol, Dale checked and everything was ok. Its just funny that Dale had to tell him what to do. The price came up for him though, he didn't have to tell him. Dale says thank you too.

Timeline

We did it, HE IS APPROVED!!!! :dance: (Theres is not an emoticon available for my happy dance right now)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.