Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just mailed my application yesterday, should hit the lockbox today. :)

AOS

2010/11/18 - Mailed I-130, I-485, EAD and AP application to Chicago Lockbox

2010/11/19 - Reached lockbox, signed for delivered

2010/11/23 - Got email for application received

2010/11/24 - Checks cached

2010/11/24 - Verified case on USCIS website

2010/11/30 - NOA1 received by mail

2010/12/07 - Received biometrics appointment letter

2010/12/28 - Biometrics Appointment completed

2011/01/26 - Received email notified for EAD card in production

2011/01/30 - Received email notified for EAD card in production again

2011/02/01 - Received letter for approved AP (no update on the USCIS website)

2011/02/03 - Received EAD Card in mail

2011/02/28 - Received email notified for interview date 4/4/2011

2011/04/04 - AOS Interview approved.

2011/04/09 - Green Card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Got my packet 3 today via email!!!! so excited. im so amazed at how quickly everything has been moving since the NOA2 approval!

i have all my documents ready, and ill be putting it all together to return the packet on Monday morning. one quick question.... do i have to send my evidence of a relationship (eg photos, emails etc) in with packet 3, or do i just take them with me to the interview?

my fingers are crossed so tightly for getting my visa before christmas so we can spend it together.

for all those still waiting for approval keep your hopes high, and trust me have everything ready for your packet 3, it makes everything so so so so so so much quicker!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Got my packet 3 today via email!!!! so excited. im so amazed at how quickly everything has been moving since the NOA2 approval!

i have all my documents ready, and ill be putting it all together to return the packet on Monday morning. one quick question.... do i have to send my evidence of a relationship (eg photos, emails etc) in with packet 3, or do i just take them with me to the interview?

my fingers are crossed so tightly for getting my visa before christmas so we can spend it together.

for all those still waiting for approval keep your hopes high, and trust me have everything ready for your packet 3, it makes everything so so so so so so much quicker!

You bring all the evidence and such with you. They probably won't even look at it, my interviewing officer did not. But bring plenty of evidence just in case!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
thank you! also do i sign form DS-230 part 1 now or at the interview?

According to P3 instructions: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html you sign it and return it now. But if you have the rest of the P3 docs already then send DS-230 and P3 docs all at once.

Timeline

According to P3 instructions: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html you sign it and return it now. But if you have the rest of the P3 docs already then send DS-230 and P3 docs all at once.

thank you so much! you can always rely on aussies to be there for one another!

Timeline

so ive got my packet 3 near completion just waiting for the I-134 stuff from my fiance, should be here on Monday morning.

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to address the envelope? should i state on it that it is for a K-1? should i put my Case Number on it?

thanks again!

Timeline
so ive got my packet 3 near completion just waiting for the I-134 stuff from my fiance, should be here on Monday morning.

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to address the envelope? should i state on it that it is for a K-1? should i put my Case Number on it?

Ahhh.. I did exactly what the instructions say... to the address in the letterhead here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/australia/39176/pdf/dsl-1076.pdf

I had no issues. I wouldn't want to address it weird and have the postie confused. I did express post everything though. With tracking of course :) Which I think I refreshed every 1/2 hour :P

Timeline

Ahhh.. I did exactly what the instructions say... to the address in the letterhead here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/australia/39176/pdf/dsl-1076.pdf

I had no issues. I wouldn't want to address it weird and have the postie confused. I did express post everything though. With tracking of course :) Which I think I refreshed every 1/2 hour :P

thanks again! you truly are a life saver! i just posted in the regular K1 forums about some questions on the DS-156 that i was worried about... could you check it out for me?

massive appreciation to you!

Timeline
thanks again! you truly are a life saver! i just posted in the regular K1 forums about some questions on the DS-156 that i was worried about... could you check it out for me?

massive appreciation to you!

I will respond there.

Timeline

ok so i just realised thanks to my sister, that i got my postcode wrong on all the forms (havnt sent them yet) instead of putting "3155" i put "3153"

i did type the documents, do you think it would be ok to just cross it out and write the correct postal code in pen and perhaps initialing it?

i could print them all out again, but if you think this would be ok, it would save me some time filling out the whole form again.

?????????

Timeline

woooo! congrats :dance:

I had my first job interview on wednesday... and by the end of the interview I was hired :D

I'm now moving up into the mountains until April hahah!

Now I'm excited.

gratz, seems like everything is going smoothly for ya. So how do you like it over here?

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

*waves at friends* Good to see you guys again. Grats on your progress.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline
ok so i just realised thanks to my sister, that i got my postcode wrong on all the forms (havnt sent them yet) instead of putting "3155" i put "3153"

i did type the documents, do you think it would be ok to just cross it out and write the correct postal code in pen and perhaps initialing it?

i could print them all out again, but if you think this would be ok, it would save me some time filling out the whole form again.

?????????

Crossing it out and correcting it is fine. I made a few mistakes on my forms and opted to retype & reprint because I wanted them to look "pretty"... this ended up taking a LONG time because I would think I got it right, print it, and there'd be another mistake. Ugh it got old quickly.

Do whatever makes you more comfortable, because it's just the postcode it's not a big deal to correct.

Good luck!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

gratz, seems like everything is going smoothly for ya. So how do you like it over here?

I'm really enjoying it.

I had visited 3 times before moving here, so pretty much had all the tourist stuff completed already so it was kind of nice to just come over and start living.

Really can't wait to get up the mountains though. It's going to be once massive ride until April next year. haha!

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.