AnhSau

First Blue Slip at HCM - Vote of members

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In your last posting you wrote:

"But one trip they usually deny unless 1. your wife is pregnant or you share common children 2. you and your wife share a common language and she aced the interview, 3. You got an interviewer they use for congressional inquires they almost always pass everybody."

Well either I am fortunate or just lucky.

I only made 1 trip. I have no matches to your outline.

The short order is did the interviewer wake up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"But one trip they usually deny unless 1. your wife is pregnant or you share common children 2. you and your wife share a common language and she aced the interview, 3. You got an interviewer they use for congressional inquires they almost always pass everybody."

The short order is did the interviewer wake up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

AnhSau is right.

Here were our red flags:

• Introduced by sister
  • 1 trip to vietnam (6 weeks)
  • 1 month Pregnant at time of filing - 5 months at time of interview

We got PINK the very first interview. They didn't even make her speak english at the interview. She said hello when she walked in, but that was it. I really think they wanted to get her out of the building, as they interviewed her first. I think they wanted to avoid having a baby born in the US Embassy (automatic citizenship, hehehe)

But, you have to remember to present ALL the facts of your case, regardless of the situation. I was smart enough to document our relation ship and KEPT EVERYTHING.

Hiring a lawyer is personal preference. Because I had spent time reading the forums on VJ, I knew about the RED FLAGS. We visited Marc Ellis before my first trip was over, and hired him. He and his staff helped prepare all the papers for filing, and made sure all the facts were present.

But you can't just present the facts. Your papers need to tell a story of true love and committment. Plus we overwhelmed them with evidence at the interview.

• 3000+ pages of chat logs
  • 200+ pictures
  • 200+ emails
  • Receipts for everything (jewelry, rental car, hotel, reception, dress rental, band, food)

And the TIMELINE is a MUST. You WILL get a blue slip without one. Here are some samples: TIMELINES

Another RED FLAG for HCMC, 99%sure they will NOT accept a co-sponsor.

Please people, ask the questions before hand. Save EVERYTHING.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

AnhSau is right.

Here were our red flags:

• Introduced by sister

We got PINK the very first interview. They didn't even make her speak english at the interview. She said hello when she walked in, but that was it. I really think they wanted to get her out of the building, as they interviewed her first. I think they wanted to avoid having a baby born in the US Embassy (automatic citizenship, hehehe)

But, you have to remember to present ALL the facts of your case, regardless of the situation. I was smart enough to document our relation ship and KEPT EVERYTHING.

Hiring a lawyer is personal preference. Because I had spent time reading the forums on VJ, I knew about the RED FLAGS. We visited Marc Ellis before my first trip was over, and hired him. He and his staff helped prepare all the papers for filing, and made sure all the facts were present.

But you can't just present the facts. Your papers need to tell a story of true love and committment. Plus we overwhelmed them with evidence at the interview.

• 200+ pictures
  • 200+ emails
  • Receipts for everything (jewelry, rental car, hotel, reception, dress rental, band, food)

And the TIMELINE is a MUST. You WILL get a blue slip without one. Here are some samples: TIMELINES

Rental car? Dude you drove a car when you were there? That is some kind of crazy. I thought about that until the taxi left the area near the airport and I saw the traffic in Siagon. Then I see how cheap the taxi's were and that was it for me. I give you much respect if you drove a car in Siagon. Not me brotha. :wow:

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Rental car? Dude you drove a car when you were there? That is some kind of crazy. I thought about that until the taxi left the area near the airport and I saw the traffic in Siagon. Then I see how cheap the taxi's were and that was it for me. I give you much respect if you drove a car in Siagon. Not me brotha.

He probably meant one of those Du Lich Cars you rent with a driver. I rented one of those Innova's that have a driver, he takes me everywhere cause I don't want to ride a motorbike and get hit by a 18 wheeler with faulty brakes.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Timeline
Rental car? Dude you drove a car when you were there? That is some kind of crazy. I thought about that until the taxi left the area near the airport and I saw the traffic in Siagon. Then I see how cheap the taxi's were and that was it for me. I give you much respect if you drove a car in Siagon. Not me brotha.

He probably meant one of those Du Lich Cars you rent with a driver. I rented one of those Innova's that have a driver, he takes me everywhere cause I don't want to ride a motorbike and get hit by a 18 wheeler with faulty brakes.

Ok. I understand now. We did that on our trip to Dalat. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

AnhSau is right.

Here were our red flags:

• Introduced by sister

• 200+ pictures
  • 200+ emails

Rental car? Dude you drove a car when you were there? That is some kind of crazy. I thought about that until the taxi left the area near the airport and I saw the traffic in Siagon. Then I see how cheap the taxi's were and that was it for me. I give you much respect if you drove a car in Siagon. Not me brotha. :wow:

I was referring to the rental the day of the ceremony. I had to go to her aunts house, and go with the procession of other man to her house that morning. It is very typical now to rent cars and vans.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline
My Wife picked up her visa today in HCM. Travel arrangements are being made as we speak.

:dance:

Big gratz to you and your wife. I hope I am as lucky. I think it time for me to make another trip to see if I can talk to someone in the new 1 hour window.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can't make a blanket statement like that and have it be true all of the time. Yes, we had our timeline prepared, but they didn't look at it. She could have walked in there with an empty briefcase and passed. But maybe it was the obvious laboring under the strain of 20 kg worth of evidence that convinced them. Nah, I don't think so. I think it was overkill on the I-129F.

Then again, don't listen to me. I may be special. Marc Ellis said that in 20 years of practice, he'd never had them not ask about certain divorce issues. In my case, they didn't ask. There's a first for everything, thank the Lord.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ok... After 4 trips to Saigon, The consulate has stopped the dance for documents and has issued my wife a pink slip.

Informing her to return on the 31st of March to pick up Visa.

Has anybody been misled at this point? Is it another tease?

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Ok... After 4 trips to Saigon, The consulate has stopped the dance for documents and has issued my wife a pink slip.

Informing her to return on the 31st of March to pick up Visa.

Has anybody been misled at this point? Is it another tease?

Congrats!

we got issued a white slip from thailand embassy but no where on sheet does it say send back

to u.s and request denial.we are dealing with a child from another man and the box at bottom says denied

need more documention on child and says we have one year to summit.No other boxs are marked

134 or relationship nothing., they even called my fiancee on her cell later in the day asking for here to come back in

of course we were excited thinking they made some kind of mistake..but the guy that interviewd her just

wanted to say that he wants her to find father have him file out paper work to meet the req..for u.s passport

and come back and he will look over and talk about approving...so that made my trip to the airport a lot more cheerful

good luck to you

chris

wow. congrats to ANH SAU. Good luck to both of you.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.