tmman

quick question..???

9 posts in this topic

IS IT A BIG DEAL TO PUT DIFFERENT INFO IN DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS UNINTENTIONALLY...FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU SAID YOU WORKED AT THIS PLACE FROM THIS DATE - THIS DATE OR YOU LIVE IN THIS PLACE FROM THIS DATE - THIS DATE, THEN IN ANOTHER APPLICATION MISTAKENLY YOU PUT A WRONG ADDRESS OR JOB IN THOSE DATES YOU MENTIONED IN PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS...IS THAT GONNA CAUSE ANY PROBLEM..? THANKS GUYS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I don't think it will be a big problem. Anyway you will be given a chance to meet the officer in person (interview) for all Naturlization cases.

If they think unmatching information is the problem, I believe they will question you at the interview. So you can explain it to them and provide some supporting documents if available.

thanks for your replys guys, what i actually meant is, after you get approved and get your citizenship...and you made a mistake like that..is it gonna be a big issue in the futur? (i m talking about unintentional mistakes, like addresses or jobs and so on..)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
thanks for your replys guys, what i actually meant is, after you get approved and get your citizenship...and you made a mistake like that..is it gonna be a big issue in the futur? (i m talking about unintentional mistakes, like addresses or jobs and so on..)

Would be interesting to learn what happens to your thick file after it's all over, do they burn it, shed it, recycle it, or it is sitting in a warehouse someplace?

I tend to view all of the immigration forms as more of a lie detector test than anything, what difference does it make where you worked as long as you are providing income tax statements proving you are paying taxes? One thing the military taught me was to keep all of your records, that is also a rather thick file. With all of the immigration forms on my computer in Adobe Arcobat format, made it much easier to fill out the N-400, was the same stuff all over again.

Nah....once your done...YOUR DONE....unless for some reason USCIS decides they have nothing better to do and Audit all their past files. They "have' a process before they send you the oath letter or interview letter.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Unless it is a huge difference , like you were in the foreign military for 5 years and forgot to out that, or in another country you didn't list in one app, I don;t think you'll have a problem as you have now been approved. I know a couple of Irish people who put the wrong date on some forms (putting the European day/ month on one form and the US Month/ day on the other), and they got approved and have been living in the US for several years.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
thanks guys for your reply..thats hat i thought too, i just wanna see what you guys think..i told the officer about it in the interview..and he said it`s not a big deal....i apprciate your opinions my frinds...

Have a folder on my computer that starts off with day one, named that file, Immigration, just checked it, all data, no programs, it's 147,361,958 bytes long. Just the citizenship subfolder is 17,255,980 bytes long, but have the IRS data in a different folder, the IRS folder. Yeah, it's all backed up, on a DVD and on two different computers plus a stack of hard copies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.